🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
admin

Episode 14 — The Control Room

Whispers are used as the gang finally stumbles upon the collector’s control room. While figuring out what their next move will be, Amarth Amon (Brian Posehn) & Mildred Maxton (Sarah Guzzardo) surprise each other by switching roles and Blackee Green (Blaine Capatch), Bartho Shett (Ken Daly) & Carn (Mr. Sark) eagerly wait to see the possible action unfold near the 2 hostages. There will be ear plugging, tears and more of Blaine’s ads!

I miss you already Karn!

And Blaine's Axe Body Spray ad was a snorter.

Speaking of Blaine Ads:

"This break is brought to you by Q-Tips! Q-Tips: Doctors say to not use them for your ears, but why the fuck else would you buy them?"

"This break is brought to you by Nintendo! Nintendo: The 4th best company with an Italian Plumber mascot!"

• Like 1

Easily the best episode!

It had everything. Lots of action (which 13 was a little lacking in) and everyone was so funny, especially Blaine and Sarah (her motivational actions to the hostages) and the 'after hours' extra length was a real treat.

Superb!

• Like 2

Carn I posthumously dub thee Sir Phobos: Knight of Mars, Beater of Ass.

Unfortunately known throughout the land as Carn the Botch.

• Like 1

Listening again with my buddy at work and realized there was no crazy shit segment in this one. Felt they really found their stride in this episode so maybe they should skip it more often.

Also looking forward to the gang looking out the window next week and seeing Carn gruesomely impaled on something. Bonus irony points if he somehow landed on and crushed Tras.

• Like 5

I agree that this was the best ep so far. Thank you, Brian, for letting it go long -- I've been hoping for longer episodes since the beginning. Why limit to 60min anyways?

"...and as the camera pulls back out through the broken windows, we see our heroes collecting themselves, dusting each other off, and beginning to look around at the semi-destroyed control room. Just before the picture fades to black, we can just barely perceive the image of a spectral Karn rising from the water below the control tower on the back of a very familiar spirit bear as they make their way to the great beyond......"

• Like 8

The show is just getting better (not counting the absence of Gerry.. WE MISS YOU SPIRIT BEAR!) but please stop the whispering.. and holy shit the Clevon Big joke had me rolling.

Holy shit this episode was awesome, I don't think you'll hear anyone complain that they run too long. I could have easily listened to another hour of it!

Blackee Green was totally a badass here, he was tearing shit up!

R.I.P. Carn, you worthless piece of crap.

• Like 1

Great episode - I never thought the death of a npc would have me laughing until I cried - oh Karn...

BlackeeGreen get's the covetted Rick James MVP award.

R-554472-1191183676.jpeg

• Like 2

The flavor text on the Wesley Willis Headbutt sounds awesome!

"With a cry of "Rock n' Roll McDonald's!" you leap forward to deliver a crushing blow with your forehead, stunning your opponent and leaving them muttering about demons and a hell ride."

Seriously, great episode! Thank you!

• Like 5

Blackie Green? More like AssKickie... Green. Yeah!

Whoa whoa whoa!! Carn could be dangling just outside the window. If he dies the party loses a very important part of the group. The role of "Meat Shield"

• Like 1

After this episode, I can safely say Nerd Poker is among my favourite podcasts, even though you've only released fourteen so far. You just ascended from 'improves my week' tier to the rarefied heights of the 'I'll cry and shit furiously if you stop' echelon.

RIP, Karn. A martyr to quality audio entertainment.

If they had only listened to Brian and broke early, Karn would still be alive. This is what happens when people don't listen to Brian. People die.

• Like 1