🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
admin

Episode 14 — The Control Room

Agree with most here, best episode so far just awesome.

Blackee Green back on top, you rule.

If they had only listened to Brian and broke early, Karn would still be alive. This is what happens when people don't listen to Brian. People die.

If they listened to him maybe even more people would die. Either way its going to be super funny!

Also, Blaine was seriously on fire this episode.

Blaine was seriously on fire this episode.

"Hard to watch, like Arliss" had me rolling. That and someone mentioning taking a dump on a picture of Robert Wuhl in a recent episode reminded me how much I disliked anything Robert Wuhl was ever in.

• Like 1

Made some Amazon purchases with this show's referral to support such a unique podcast.

I have never played D&D. As a chess nerd in my youth, I often looked down upon the D&D nerd as socially unadjusted(pot.kettle.black), mentally unstable, and window licking mouth breathers. I now wish I had played, and wish I could play. I fucking love this show. Even blackey - he's kinda my fav.

Keep 'me comin guys, I look forward to this show to lift my spirits as I make my depressing, early-as-hell drive to PT every morning.

This podcast just keeps getting better! ALWAYS keep combat a one episode thing, no matter how long. Cutting out in the middle is like walking out on a BJ and coming back a week later to finish. Still a good time, but frustrating ultimately.

Nerd Poker is really hitting it's stride and has us (the listeners) begging for more! Thank you for your time and efforts. It's a weekly smile on my face and laughing tear in my eye!

Team high five!!

One future request, when the action slows down and the characters can catch their breath, I would love to hear a "campfire" episode where the characters can each give a little insight on their characters. Backgrounds, motivations, goals, etc.

While not required for entertaining enjoyable episodes now, by episode 100 it will help in painting a more complete picture for the listeners. And knowing the high talent level of your players it would most certainly be a laugh riot.

• Like 2

This was one of my favorite episodes. The group is starting to exert control over their situation and kick some ass!!

RIP Karn. But someone had to botch and pull a Cloud City Skydive.

The flavor text on the Wesley Willis Headbutt sounds awesome!

"With a cry of "Rock n' Roll McDonald's!" you leap forward to deliver a crushing blow with your forehead, stunning your opponent and leaving them muttering about demons and a hell ride."

Seriously, great episode! Thank you!

Serious win for the McD's reference. Brilliant.

• Like 1

I got so smiley when Sarah convinced Brian to extend the episode, everyone's excitement was tangible. Loved that they all kicked those ghostie freaks to the infinite curb.

I felt I finally needed to make an account to say how much I love this podcast. It's really entertaining and I find myself looking forward to it each week. And I agree with some of the others: best episode so far!

I really enjoy this podcast and this episode has been the best so far. Might have been because it was longer it felt like more got done but at the same time was the first true battle.

I would like for longer eps in general but I understand these are busy people.

RIP Karn, we hardly knew thee.

At the end of this ep I sat in my car thinking - Oh, those survivors are going to be PISSED if everyone comes back except for their 2 volunteers. Amarth may get the chance to square off with 12 pack dude after all.

I kinda hope we don't see 12-pack dude again, because I want them to hijack a ship and get the hell off this planet. I guess they could rescue them, though. 12-pack dude was an engineering genius so he could come in handy on a carjacked space boat.

• Like 2

I kinda hope we don't see 12-pack dude again, because I want them to hijack a ship and get the hell off this planet. I guess they could rescue them, though. 12-pack dude was an engineering genius so he could come in handy on a carjacked space boat.

While the characters' ultimate goal is to return to their homeworld, for sure, I do not really get people wanting them to hurry up about it. I mean, the whole campaign has centered around being kidnapped and taken to this water world. They woke up there. It is what the adventure is in this campaign.

When they get back home the story could very well be over (unless of course they step back in and there's worlds of crazy shit going on, which is absolutely a possibility). But because the abduction by/escape from these Collectors IS what this campaign has consisted of, I don't really share this sentiment of getting these guys home the end.

I want to pay respect to the wretched Carn. I'd like to believe that if hewere more than a few numbers and dendrite bursts in his creator's brain that he would be like many humans - desirous of epic acts but in the end capable of little more than serial botching and utter humiliating failure.

I lift a toast to Mr. Carn.

• Like 1