🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 117.5 — 3/1/13 TWO CHARTED 56

Are cars too big? Can Howard be explained? These questions and more are answered on today’s Two Charted!!! Ku-Ku and Wie- Wie countdown the seven reasons that Billboard’s new YouTube rules will change the pop charts forever. It could be good but it could also mean the end of gritty hip-hop. They also discuss how it will affect new bands and what it means for Howard’s chances at conquering the charts. Enjoy! And rent a smart car!

Howard was on full blast this episode... lovin' that summah spirit!

• Like 1

Howard was on full blast this episode... lovin' that summah spirit!

For sure, he sounded like he took up Harris on his offer and dropped a couple beans before the show.

• Like 1

Howard holds back to keep from blowing out our puny minds. Usually he keeps the dial at one or occasionally two, but in this episode he decided to show us a three just to keep us in check.

• Like 2

Joe Walsh is from Cleveland! He may have been born in Ouchitawww, but his first band was The James Gang, which was a Cleveland band. It's why Drew Carey had him on his show...

• Like 1

I'm not sure I've ever heard Howard this juiced. Other than when he's discussing Jaws, of course.

Howard took me to the edge of what my consciousness could handle, threw me off, and then caught me gently in his cradle of understanding.

I would gladly quit my "science" job and write Howard's biography. His bio would include zero dates, so as to protect the truth about his age (he is infinite, no doy).

Sidewalk contraptions are ridiculous, I'm super on board for tiny cars. #Howieformayer #'Stardnautfosho

Oh, and I'm fairly sure Howard was talking about Tucker: The Man and His Dream, featuring Jeff Bridges (Lebowski) as Preston Tucker, a small car manufacturer who went up against the Detroit Big Three (Ford, GM and Chrysler).

Oh man, Howard's city planning and sidewalk talk.....fucking hell, I broke a rib from laughing so hard. What did he concoct in his juicer that morning? Kremer in fine form.....

Howard needs to do a post-apocalyptic hip-hop concept album in the vein of Deltron 3030 wherein he takes over the world, destroys all big cars, and floods the earth to release positive ions.

• Like 2

Yep, this was amazing.

Oh, and I'm fairly sure Howard was talking about Tucker: The Man and His Dream, featuring Jeff Bridges (Lebowski) as Preston Tucker, a small car manufacturer who went up against the Detroit Big Three (Ford, GM and Chrysler).

That was definitely it. Granted, it's been ~15 years since I've seen that movie, but I don't think there were electric (or any sort of alternatively fueled) cars involved.

Yep, this was amazing.

That was definitely it. Granted, it's been ~15 years since I've seen that movie, but I don't think there were electric (or any sort of alternatively fueled) cars involved.

I only remember because I saw a museum exhibit on Tucker which featured a Tucker Torpedo (I believe that's what the car was called). It was a beautiful car, pretty futuristic for the time I think.

The main thing I remember is that the headlights turned with the steering wheel (so, basically, they'd always point in the same direction as the front wheels rather than the body, which would be better for curves/turns), which seems like a good idea, but must not be since no one has done it since. But that would definitely qualify as a pretty revolutionary idea, so Howard's point was valid even if he had the specifics wrong.

Love that Howard did a C-Czar impression from Kroll Show. "Exercise yo body, exercise yo MIIIIIND!"

I'm also on board with the Smart Car stuff. I've thought about getting one.

The main thing I remember is that the headlights turned with the steering wheel (so, basically, they'd always point in the same direction as the front wheels rather than the body, which would be better for curves/turns), which seems like a good idea, but must not be since no one has done it since. But that would definitely qualify as a pretty revolutionary idea, so Howard's point was valid even if he had the specifics wrong.

The BMW 5 series all have adaptive headlights. I remember seeing a commercial for them a couple years back and it blew my fucking mind

Oh, cool. Typing "no one has done it since" was one of those things where I was 90% sure that I was wrong as I was doing it, yet I just went with it anyway.

• Like 1

I love the joy in Howard's voice with the realization that Summah is coming in the beginning. This was such a good episode. I can picture Howard driving around in a smart car smiling and it's a good look. i can't wait to Have Anothah Summah.

I just read up on it, and apparently they installed a third headlight on the hood. So the other lights were stationary, but when the car made turns at a certain angle the center light would activate and follow the turn. But apparently there were laws against a car having more than 2 headlights, so they designed a special cover for it. Wild stuff.

I have now spent 2 consecutive days out by my apartment complexes' pool. Summah has started as far as I'm concerned.

I have now spent 2 consecutive days out by my apartment complexes' pool. Summah has started as far as I'm concerned.

This makes me jelly.

Howard is a GOD.

For sure, he sounded like he took up Harris on his offer and dropped a couple beans before the show.

I think you might be right. And if so - best advertising campaign ecstasy ever could've asked for.

Sign in to follow this