🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 94 — Polyamory

Welcome back to the hatch Blasternauts! Today the gang talks about the documentary that’s being made about Tig and they follow that with some serious “she who” riffing. Then the delightful Baron Vaughn comes to the studio and talks about what it means to be polyamorous. It gets provocative. Is it possible to love more than one person? How do you keep from getting jealous? And how do you explain it to the your potential partner? It’s tough to convince people either way but it makes for fascinating conversation. Tune in!

Every time I hear "polyamory," all I can think about is this thing I saw on HBO's "RealSex" show where they went to this commune that was basically full of old hippies having orgies with each other. Seek it out if you wish, but let me warn you, once you have seen this... it can never be unseen.

• Like 1

Kyle was great in this one! Hearing all his voices had me laughing through the whole show. Great episode guys(and gals)!

Has there ever been a photo comparing the different calve sizes of the crew? After hearing the words so much, I'd really like a close up of those tiny calves.

• Like 2

Thanks so much for giving the subject of polyamory an open forum -- it’s much appreciated. We’ve loved the show for a long time -- and have been polyamorous (practicing FMF polyfidelity) for ten years now. Hearing one of our favorite podcasts cover the topic mindfully is very gratifying. (Although we do wish that polyfidelity was covered more -- that is, three or more people living their lives together as a committed family. A quite large percentage of polyamorous relationships practice polyfidelity.)

Anyhoo . . . thanks, TigKyleDavid! We love you!

Cheers,

Alan and Anna

www.theordinaryextraordinary.com -- the site for our book and blog on polyamory

• Like 1

It was so great to hear the gang recognize Evita and Megan with a shout-out! (And a gentleman I do not know, but who must be a great fan too.) These two gals are so nice and do so much to promote PBO.

Sometimes I daydream about a PBO video podcast where the superfans could be the guests and ask questions and interact with the gang in the hatch. PBO fans LOVE the show and vice versa.

Shehoo! should replace Yahoo! as your homepage/search engine of choice!

Welp, that's been comment!

• Like 2

It was so great to hear the gang recognize Evita and Megan with a shout-out! (And a gentleman I do not know, but who must be a great fan too.) These two gals are so nice and do so much to promote PBO.

Thanks, Steven! That gentleman was Jonathan all the way from Sweden. I appreciate the PB gang giving him a shout out. Much deserved. He shows so much support to not just Professor Blastoff, but so many other podcasts out there. Proud to call him my blastronaut pal.

I know it's a comedy episode, but just for the purposes of general understanding, I feel like I have to point something out.

Polyandry in India isn't something that empowers women.

Rather, there is a "shortage" of women in parts of India, and in many cases after a woman marries a man (possibly an arranged marriage) she gets the unhappy surprise a year or two later that she'll also have to marry, and have sex with his brother/s.

This shortage is due to women not being valued as highly in certain parts of this vast, diverse, country, and being aborted more frequently, or let to die as infants.

It's not the woman's choice to have multiple husbands.

Cool episode guys. I never really thought about comedians being in several open relationships, but I guess it's less complicated than long distance.

I love SHE WHO!

Sign in to follow this