🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
admin

Episode 205 — Titans of Comedy

I agree with what everyone is saying, re: Everyone was on their A game. Scott couldn't have hoped for a better panel to carry him through his illness (not that it really detracted from his performance either).

I was actually surprised that Jeselnik worked so well in this format. I love his stand-up, but I didn't realize he could work so well with others too. I guess maybe from the cocky persona he does on stage I thought we would be above being on a show with characters, games, etc., but man did he prove me wrong.

For the whole show, I thoght Cordero was the same person that did Anthony Rivera (It's like, whatewers), but then I saw that that was Brent Weinbach.

Man what a great week for CBB this week.

The politicking in this game of Would You Rather is unmatched. Quite possibly my top episode of the year so far

• Like 2

Nathan For You is awesome, everybody watch it.

• Like 4

Really good stuff from all the guests but Scottabot was still the brightest star for me. If that's how fantastically he can run Would You Rather when stricken down by the pox I say make every week a sick week.

• Like 1

Really good stuff from all the guests but Scottabot was still the brightest star for me. If that's how fantastically he can run Would You Rather when stricken down by the pox I say make every week a sick week.

Actually, reading your post makes me realize that I forgot he was sick after 5 minutes! He sounded sick at first, but a few minutes later he was on top of it.

I'd love to see Scott do some characters on the show - there's one episode where he does "dismissive Jimmy Stewart" for like 15 seconds, but it's hilarious.

I really like Eugene Mirman's voice btw. Not sure why, but always nice to hear him talk.

• Like 2

Jazz Jazz is a perfect name, because that was double good improv!

I'm not sure if its because they mentioned him or not, but Mirman sounded like Jon Benjamin a few times to me.

Those were some real deep pulls between the pittsburgh phantom of the opera ads, and BC's long defunct A&B Sound.

Nathan For You is awesome, everybody watch it.

I lost it when I saw that his report card is actually in the title sequence

Can we talk about how much of Nathan for You we think is scripted and how much isn't? Seemed like a good deal of it was scripted, especially last night's episode (Santa/Petting Zoo), but Nate didn't seem like it in this episode. Thoughts?

This episode was fantastic! I especially enjoyed Eugene Mirman. He was very funny and it really came across like he was having a great time.

I love how Scott started the episode by asking everyone what it was like to be a comedian. Then like ten minutes later, they've moved on, someone mentioned Toronto, and suddenly Scott is all dismissive, "Moved to Toronto? Say no more, we get it, you're a comedian now." Just something about that was the funniest moment in a really hilarious episode.

Also really enjoyed the throw-away "That's an even-more classic Would You Rather blunder."

• Like 2

Hey - I think Scott mentioned on facebook or tweeter or something that we should "tune in tomorrow" as in today for something - was he talking about the TV show already???

Hey - I think Scott mentioned on facebook or tweeter or something that we should "tune in tomorrow" as in today for something - was he talking about the TV show already???

There's a livestream from SXSW tomorrow 1pm EST/10am PST at http://YouTube.com/Earwolf

Those were some real deep pulls between the pittsburgh phantom of the opera ads, and BC's long defunct A&B Sound.

You know what's really weird? I was watching a few random Kids in the Hall skits a few hours after listening to this episode, and the King of Empty Promises skit when he was in prison had him waiting on the phone to get tickets for Phantom. It kind of blew my mind.

Jeselnik and Mirman were really funny, but the exchanges between Nate, Cordero, and Scott knocked it out of the park.