Episode 137.5 — Sklarbro County 42

9 replies to this topic

#1 Earwolf Admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,202 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 11:02 PM

We pull Parks and Rec’s Ben Schwartz from the country and bring him into the world of Sklarbro County! Ben talks about having a tough time watching basketball games in real time, filming an episode of House of Lies in a real dildo factory, and witnessing a magical moment in the movie making process. Dan Van Kirk does not disappoint as he brings in crazy stories such as; a wasted Arkansas woman who tries to flee police on a Power Wheels truck, a bidding war for the virginity of a Brazilian sex doll, and a Medford man pretends stolen Somerville beer is his genitals. Plus, we receive a voicemail from Doug Buffone. Appreciate the hat humor on this show!

#2 Jamal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 05:04 AM

If everytime you go fishing, its in the heel of your platform shoes.... you might be a pimp

#3 Jaime

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 12:04 PM

I love dueling Foxworthy's. I wish there were another 10 seasons of Cheap Seats.

#4 Kickpuncher

Sentient Meat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts
  • LocationIthaca, NY

Posted 12 March 2013 - 12:31 PM

One of my favorite County episodes ever. Schwartz is always a delight, and the dueling Katworthies was amazing.

#5 Kristi_Lynne

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina, USA

Posted 12 March 2013 - 04:52 PM

Jean-Ralphio!! Love that guy, and loved the "You might be a pimp"-alanche. As soon as I read that story about the woman fleeing in a Power Wheels truck, I knew it would end up on Dan's desk at some point. Thanks for brightening up my Tuesday, guys!
"We need to focus on the important things in life: friends, waffles and work. Or waffles, friends and work." -- Knope 2012

"Those darn ghosts! Probably left their ghost shoes all over the ghost stairs. I'm gonna' ghost-trip all the way down on them!" -- T.J. Miller, Sklarbro Country 100.5

@CallSignKay

#6 Kristopher Mills

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 06:49 PM

Ben schwartz really is one of the best guests to ever have on a podcast. He even made his appearance on Adam Carollas show listenable!

#7 Jon Kyle

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 07:22 PM

I lost it when Ben made the Looney Tunes factory music reference. I always associate that song in the same way.

#8 sauze

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 08:01 PM

fuck yes Schwartz!

#9 tan1230

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 02:13 PM

If your drinking cup can be mistaken for pirate's booty... youmightbe a pimp.

#10 RocHoover

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
  • LocationScranton, unfortunately.

Posted 18 March 2013 - 01:45 PM

If one of your hands is more dominant than the other and you frequently refer to this hand as being "strong"... You might be a Pimp.
Sincerely,

John