Episode 16 — The Water Box

88 replies to this topic

#1 Earwolf Admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,202 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 11:03 PM

Holy shit! The gang makes their way down the lift to find an open cell door with nothing but an eerie box filled with water. Mildred Maxton (Sarah Guzzardo) investigates it, Bartho Shett (Ken Daly) worriedly questions Mildred’s actions, and Amarth Amon (Brian Posehn) & Blackee Green (Blaine Capatch) keep their distance as a shrill voice (Mr. Sark) from the box asks for their help. It’s the kind of episode that will possibly make you shit your pants. Plus, the gang calls out to the fans to help them get Vin Diesel on the show!

#2 Cabbagehead

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 13 March 2013 - 04:14 AM

Oh boy...next week...

#3 KajusX

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 04:54 AM

Oh man, I loved the 'language barrier' going on in this episode with Mr. Whispers.
Likes: Tomatoes, umbrellas (all kinds), some dogs, most cats

#4 San Christobal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 05:37 AM

Awesome episode! Thoroughly loved the water-ghoul-thing-he-it's voice.

Also, if the shit about vin diesel(sic?) is true, my respect for him just exponentially increased. SOMEONE FAMOUS/RICH/WELL CONNECTED/RELATED TO VIN DIESEL *PLEASE* ask him to guest on this show. Win would, of course, beyond epic.

#5 Paul Gallo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 06:13 AM

No idea if this will help with the #GetVinToNerdPoker campaign, but I knocked up a quick facebook page.
http://www.facebook....5855?ref=stream
Seemed like facebook was one of the few official social media links available for Vin Diesel.

BTW, if any earwolf admins want me to take the page down, or if you want me to grant you admin rights, let me know. I'm a total facebook noob so any advice is welcome.

The main reason I did it was to gather "likes" (signatures) from other Nerd Poker fans.
And to mess around with photoshop... Check out Vin's SPIRIT LEOPARD :)/>

ENJOY!

#6 RIP Spirit Bear

\\\ ^[o.o]^ ///

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 561 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 06:15 AM

Dear Vin DIesel,

You don't know me, I'm just some normal asshole who listens to a podcast by Brian Posehn. You probably know Brian, he's been in movies and is on Conan like 15 times a year, and you probably know a lot of the same people due to "industry connections"/Kevin Bacon rule, but for some reason he asked me to contact you regarding you appearing on his show. Anyway if you get this can you reply? I have to get back to my shitty cubicle job where I don't get the month of March off after returning from a stint in Hawaii.

Thanks

ps- I'm including a Polaroid of myself working out. It is at the bottom of the box under the human head.

#7 Paul Gallo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 06:22 AM

View PostRIP Spirit Bear, on 13 March 2013 - 06:15 AM, said:

Dear Vin DIesel,

You don't know me, I'm just some normal asshole who listens to a podcast by Brian Posehn. You probably know Brian, he's been in movies and is on Conan like 15 times a year, and you probably know a lot of the same people due to "industry connections"/Kevin Bacon rule, but for some reason he asked me to contact you regarding you appearing on his show. Anyway if you get this can you reply? I have to get back to my shitty cubicle job where I don't get the month of March off after returning from a stint in Hawaii.

Thanks

ps- I'm including a Polaroid of myself working out. It is at the bottom of the box under the human head.

Almost word-for-word what I posted to his facebook wall :)

#8 Inthehallwaynow

the captain

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 13 March 2013 - 07:57 AM

there is something about hearing Brian's voice every week that relieves my stress and anxiety for a bit haha no not in a dirty way.. thanks for the quality castin!

#9 RichardsCopyCat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
  • LocationBuffalo, NY

Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:18 AM

View PostKajusX, on 13 March 2013 - 04:54 AM, said:

Oh man, I loved the 'language barrier' going on in this episode with Mr. Whispers.

I vote to call the water sprite/man-thing "Mr. Whispers." Thanks Sark for the curve ball. Also, everytime you say "catwalk" I giggle.

Hope the Rod of Cumulation will cum in handy.

#10 Spybrator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 09:05 AM

You guys could try to do some kind of crossover with Geek & Sundry (Felicia Day). They are usually pretty friendly with others in the industry.

They are doing a tabletop gaming show with Wil Wheaton on Youtube but I don't think they are really in competition with you guys. They play a different game every week whereas you guys have the whole continuation from episode to episode thing, plus you guys focus on the podcast format instead of video.

They just started this whol TableTop gaming day thing, so maybe it's a good time:

#11 Servcrow

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 09:41 AM

I posted this idea in a few places but thought maybe the forums would be a good place to float the idea again.

If Vin needs some convincing maybe someone with more technical savvy than I have could set uo some sort of page where fans could sign and agree to make some sort of voluntary monetary donation to the charity of Vin's choice if he agrees to do the show? It'd be a "win-win" I think. We'd all get to enjoy Vin on the show and help others at the same time.

Thoughts?

#12 clancy

PDX Geek 777

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts
  • LocationPortland, OR

Posted 13 March 2013 - 10:46 AM

Dropping some Blackstreet Posehn?! That's even less metal than NOT crushing the skulls of thy prisoners! :-) Speaking of the Prisoner, RIP Clive Burr! Now I'm going to crawl into a corner, suck on my thumb, and question my own metalness for quickly knowing what he was singing. I'm also loving them taking shots at "the Internet". Great episode this week!
My website: http://pdxgeek777.com/
Twitter: @PDXGeek777

#13 rcavanah

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 10:59 AM

This: http://qkme.me/3tcv7d

And also this: http://qkme.me/3tcv9e

:P

#14 Steve Henel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 12:03 PM

Surge!!

#15 StevoDoccerson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts
  • LocationSt. Petersburg, FL

Posted 13 March 2013 - 12:13 PM

Personally I like the name "Wetsy".

#16 Steve Henel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 12:20 PM

I never thought Bart would be my favorite character when the podcast started, but he's definitely getting there.

#17 RIP Spirit Bear

\\\ ^[o.o]^ ///

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 561 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 12:29 PM

Wetty Mercury gets my vote

Posted Image

#18 Twist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 12:32 PM

Walter Whitewater! Next on Breaking Wet!

#19 Steve Henel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 01:00 PM

I once knew a drag queen named Aquanetta Thunderpussy. When Sark does the voice, he kind of sounds like her. I nominate that name.

#20 clancy

PDX Geek 777

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts
  • LocationPortland, OR

Posted 13 March 2013 - 01:10 PM

View PostSteve Henel, on 13 March 2013 - 12:20 PM, said:

I never thought Bart would be my favorite character when the podcast started, but he's definitely getting there.

I wholeheartedly agree with this statement. Some of his role playing had me laughing the most this episode!
My website: http://pdxgeek777.com/
Twitter: @PDXGeek777