🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 27 — 1-900 KISS MY BUTT

Joe Randazzo (Creative Director of Thing X, former editor of The Onion) joins Jake this week to open up THE FOGELNEST FILES! Joe & Jake examine a bit of English heavy metal band Venom’s stage banter, ask themselves what would happen if they were to call some 1-900 numbers, and take a look at one of the best voice overs ever. Make sure to leave reviews for NES video games in “The Fogelnest Files” section on iTunes. Check out THE FOGELNEST FILES LIVE AT SXSW on Friday, March 15th at 6:30 pm at Esther’s Follies with special guests DOUG BENSON, CHRIS GETHARD, and ANDREW WK! Go to http://sxsw.com/ for more info!

great episode! keep that kitsch comin, fogelnest.

Poor Xanadu, so misunderstood. Didn't it come back as a Broadway show and also bombed?

Jake, I enjoy when you have writer-types on the show. Comedians are obviously hilars, but writers bring a different perspective.

[Editing to add that yes, many comedians are also writers and vice versa, but it's nice to have a nice variety of guests, especially to those not usually heard on Earwolf podcasts.]

The crying hotline creeped me the hell out. Stayed with me all day! What the hell was on the other end of that line?

And somehow the creepiness bled over into the public access announcement.

Joe's the best, right?

Hey, are any of you in Austin coming to the podcast taping tomorrow? It seems like people are coming!

I won't be able to make it. My office is too far from downtown to ever get there in time. I'm missing sxsw entirely this year. Boooooo adult jobs.

I have a burning question that I feel like if anyone could answer, it would be you Jake. I've been trying to figure out for a while now what you would call the genre of 80's music that is similar to the Glen Frey song in this episode. Lately I've been resorting to calling it "Macgruber music" It's that kind of pop rock-y stuff where a guy sings a love song in a gravely voice and saxophones and a guitar solo are always present. There's a lot of it in 80s action movies and it seems to represent ultimate badassness but the song itself is actually hella campy. I feel like there must be a specific name for this...

Yeah, I am so okay with calling this genre "Macgruber Music."

THE SXSW SHOW WAS TOTALLY GREAT! Venue was packed! You guys will hear it in a couple weeks!

LA people, we've got another live episode coming up with Kumail Nanjiani, Shelby Fero and another special guest on March 28th.

THANKS!!!

• Like 1

Cool episode! I have seen @randazzoj retweeted into my twitter feed many times but never knew who exactly he was. Thanks, Jake, for the introduction.

Also the phrase "graffiti friends" (referring to the Parents Just Don't Understand video set) made me so happy! It tickles me in the same way as Jonah Ray's "karate casual."

Sign in to follow this