🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
ErikH2000

What is like the Wolf Den?

Okay, I really do miss the Wolf Den. Why? It's like the missing link between small-time hobby podcasting and Hollywood-style entertainment biz.

There's a bunch of podcasting shows about podcasting, but they cover a lot of bread-and-butter topics, like... where should I host my files? what microphone should I get?

What Jeff is doing with Earwolf defies being put into reproducible advice that can be given to other people making podcasts. But here and there, I would catch a glimmer of something that seemed important--like it might be useful to me. For example, the Eardrop concept made me think about ways I could incorporate user-submitted audio into my show. Or for another example, I heard a guest on WD talking about SuperEgo's studio and how they put together content with a mix of script and improvisation. And it inspired my own thoughts on what I wanted to do.

This kind of high-end, conceptual look at podcasting is not there on shows like School of Podcasting, Podcast Answer Man, Audacity to Podcast, or Art of Podcasting. Although I like a lot of these shows, and they still have things to teach me, they end up feeling a little mundane and hand-holdy. A lot of reassuring talk about how easy it is to start podcasting, set up a wordpress page, and fill in the proper ID3 tags on your MP3.

So with all respect due to Jeff and Wolf Den and then even a little bit more respect, what else is out there that is like Wolf Den that I can listen to? I only ask because WD is laying dormant.

-Erik

Answering my own question...

The New Media Show is pretty damn good and covers similar topics/guests as Wolf's Den. It may seem in poor taste to post about a non-Earwolf "competitor" to Wolf's Den, but I don't think it takes away from WD in any way. And there's just not enough WD content to go around. Eagerly awaiting Jeff's next episode.

-Erik