🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
admin

Episode 96 — Character

Welcome back to the hatch blastronauts! Kyle tells an odyssean story of trying to get a video game while high and then it's the return of Punky Brewster with a few stirring rounds of "Name That Punky". Then they discuss character with guest Al Madrigal. Al talks about his past career in human resources and how the experience of firing people affected his perception of people and honesty. Character's tough to pin down but they figure it out with probing questions including; how does one define it, what indicators can reveal it, and is it possible to pee on your friend's couch and still retain it? Then notorious good person, Donald Trump, calls in and clarifies what real character is.

How great would this be?

My cellphone rings. I answer it. It's Tig. She's calling me as a lifeline for "Name That Punky". Kyle delivers an agitated "Oh! PUNKY!" I think and then answer, "I can name that Punky in eight words. Punky has just been caught playing with matches." And it's the correct answer!

A true Blastronaut fantasy!

Al Madrigal is a great guest and had very interesting stories about character and how to judge it. It reminded me of a place I used to work. In order to determine if his workforce was loyal, an old boss used to place "blind ads" in the paper to see if any of them would respond.

ENGINEERS and MANUFACTURING SUPERVISOR - Immediate placement with competitive pay and benefits. Send your resume to P.O. Box XYZ City, State.

I thought is was a devious way to test the character (and job dis-satisfaction) of his staff.

I loved Kyle's story about not being able to find Target, a huge store with a target as its logo. He missed the target. So ironic.

Another awesome show from the hatch. Just got my tickets for the May 7 show at the Bell House in Brooklyn!! Who else is going?

Welp, that's been comment!

I love Aaron every episode. But I SUPER loved him this episode.

"Name That Punky" is the greatest game in the history of podcasting.

Really loved this ep.

• Like 2

WARNING: YOU ARE NOT GOING TO BELIEVE THIS REALLY HAPPENED BUT IT DID

I woke up repeatedly last night and this morning with the Punky voice in my head. When I turned off my alarm clock, with "Punky" still playing on a loop in my brain, I excitedly realized it's Tuesday! I grabbed my phone to play the new episode of Professor Blastoff while I got ready, not really expecting to hear the Punky voice at all, let alone the Punky-packed treat that was today's episode. Boy, was I in for a surprise! I squealed with glee and did a dance in front of the bathroom mirror when Kyle announced the Punky game so early in the show. Made my day.

• Like 3

I love Aaron every episode. But I SUPER loved him this episode.

His Punky scenarios were great!

So, does anyone else want "What's That Punky?" to become a weekly spin-off show in the vein of Two Charted and Sklarbro County?

Normally I'm able to hold my composure pretty alright while listening to PB on the bus. But today? All bets were off. Name That Punky nearly killed me.

Please have Al Madrigal back, he was an absolutely perfect fit. Also Kyle please smoke more pot, that was one of the funniest stories I've heard in a while, and picturing Sarah Silverman laughing at high Kyle's antics made the whole thing twice as funny.

• Like 3

This episode convinced me that Name That Punky needs to be a segment on every episode. I doubt they say the name Punky that many times on an actual episode of Punky Brewster.

• Like 1