🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 17 — Hack and Slash

With their new found weapons and the help of their new ally Sparklett (Mr. Sark), will Amarth Amon (Brian Posehn), Mildred Maxton (Sarah Guzzardo), Bartho Shett (Ken Daly), and Blackee Green (Blaine Capatch) be able to hold their own against the red robed collectors and bots that made their pal Ell Ryan (Gerry Duggan) disappear? You will have to tune in to find out! Plus, the gang recalls old adventures as they hop on the GNOME TRAIN!

Glad to hear of Gerry's imminent return. Big fan, hate to be that guy, but I think 6 elevator-centric episodes is enough.

I guess you could say....we're being shafted.

• Like 4

I totally said SPARKLETT when they told me. I didn't even think about it until after I did it.

Bonus: Patton's going to sing about THIS adventure?! FANTASTIC! Hopefully it'll be when they beat these guys and level up.

"This post brought to you by GUMMI VITAMINS! GUMMI VITAMINS: If your desire to be healthy is overweighed by your child-like need for candy, try GUMMI VITAMINS! GUMMI VITAMINS: It's healthy enough, ok?!"

• Like 2

Best use of Mr. Rogers song ever.

I really hope that Sparklets isn't dead. He's tits.

And damn, I was waiting for them to bust out their action points, but they haven't had to yet. Maybe before the rest of those collectors start humming again they might need to use them.

I love these battle episodes so much! Really hope they take the time to level up afterwards!

Pretty good episode. Getting through those fights scenes is great, but I'm hoping the gang can get off this damn ship soon. Come on Sark, let's throw a few more curve balls. Sparklett (aka MR. Whispers) is awesome! Interested to see what leveling up will do and to find out what properties the special weapons/armor/rings etc have going for them.

Yeah I agree. I know they record these in bunches, but to the listeners they've been in this one tower for almost two months. It's pretty fucking brutal. I wish they could put out two eps a week or something. But I know the scheduling is rough for the gang.

By the way,

36419942.jpg

• Like 3

When they started talking about "Present Day Kelly LeBrock" I instantly thought of this mockumentary from 2006. Gamers.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0485909/

It's worth a watch, especially with a group of fellow tabletop gamers. The fact that 2006 Kelly LeBrock is playing the MILF character is hilarious. I have to imagine if you don't know who she is, you're watching it like, "what the fuck?! I don't care if you are virgin nerds, keep your dick out of that!!!". I wanted to tease a scene with a cameo from William Katt that is especially funny, but couldn't find it. Internet! Shakes fist!

I would stop to call for Sparklett but I'm too busy calling out for Vin Diesel.

• Like 2

No Blaine Ads this week? Was I not paying attention?

Well I'll try a few this week anyway:

"This break is brought to you by Donating to Charity! Donate to Charity for all the right reasons: To brag to your friends about how great you are!"

"This break is brought to you by World Of Warcraft! World of Warcraft: You forgot to feed the cat and your girlfriend left you while you were smelting silver!"

There was one. It was a good one. I've just forgotten what it was.

Now I have to listen to it all over again! #FirstworldProblems #NotEvenMad

Pine Sol-toids! Or something like that. That's what it was! The curiously disinfecting breath mint!

I can't draw characters, so I'll just photoshop Blaine's advertised products.

pinetoids.jpg

• Like 8

Ed-Hardy-Keds.jpg

This isn't a meme. I just wanted everyone to know these are real. Also they will in fact, make your feet look like dicks.

• Like 3

That's quality work, jonathanwc.

Thanks! Next up Flaming Hot Cheetos Bubblicious.

...or whatever it was.

Ed Hardy shoes are indeed real. I saw many in the douchebag capital of the USA, aka south Florida, and more than once in conjunction with Jimmy Buffet paraphernalia. Since then I've adopted a more liberal stance on forced sterilizations.

• Like 1

Not sure if anyone has said this already, but isn't dragonborn fire breath a free action? If I am not mistaken you can run into a room, breath fire, and then attack still. Bart has just been using it as his standard action.

I don't think that this particular thing is him making his own rules. I agree that it's fun to just have total freedom, but this seems just to be an oversight. If Bart knew he could do more than just breath fire in 1 turn he would be happy and it would be fun for him.

"Not sure if anyone has said this already, but isn't dragonborn fire breath a free action?"

You are thinking in the right direction, it's just called something else. In 4e, it's a Minor Action It's not a Free Action, but you are correct that Ken may make a Standard Action in addition to his Dragon Breath. Each character gets 1 Standard, 1 Minor and 1 Move Action per turn.

If he wanted to do a lot of damage in one turn, he could use Dragon Breath as a Minor Action, an Encounter Power as a Standard Action and then cash in Action Point to do a Daily Power Attack. But he would want to save that for a boss battle.

An Action Point would not allow him to use Dragon Breath twice, however, because it is an Encounter Power.

These are just rules, though. Easily modified or ignored. As written, it makes the Dragonborn a little over-powered.

"Not sure if anyone has said this already, but isn't dragonborn fire breath a free action?"

You are thinking in the right direction, it's just called something else. In 4e, it's a Minor Action It's not a Free Action, but you are correct that Ken may make a Standard Action in addition to his Dragon Breath. Each character gets 1 Standard, 1 Minor and 1 Move Action per turn.

Thank you! Thought so. Part of the fun of playing a dragonborn is that it's so broken.

Sign in to follow this