🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 73 — Inquisitive Triplets

Sean Conroy, Mike Still, and Scott Rodgers join Matt Besser for a very special musical episode of improv4humans! Bobby Matthews of Dragoon aka the i4h house band is in the studio to perform some songs that will inspire improvised scenes about an old school dating game, Christmas time, and a Pink Floyd theatre production. Sean, Mike, and Scott will also use their musical improv chops to sing songs that hold significance to them and inspire more improv! Be sure to pick up an improv4humans shirt from the Earwolf Store and follow @MattBesser on Twitter to send in your improv suggestions. Music by Bobby Matthews and Dragoon. You can also now get Matt Besser’s new comedy album “The Six Most Important Sets in the History of Standup” at mattbesser.com!

Another classic.

Also, BOBBY MATTHEWS!

I've loved every song he's done on i4h.

Also, I hope Matt isn't too bummed about his career. Because improv4humans is one of the most creative, brilliant podcasts in the universe. And he should be proud of that--not many people can say they're one of the leading creative minds in a new creative medium.

• Like 6

Ugh, I can't believe Amy Mann mentioned those filthy astronauts in her song.

The Inquisitive Triplets and Can't Hide Excitement scenes were the highlights of the episode for me. Is the Jerry character related to Leonard?

This is another fantastic episode. I love how Matt experiments with the format of every episode. I seriously just love this podcast. I constantly try to think of how I can spread the word of this. I chew my friends' ears off about how they need to listen to this, and this is yet another example of why they need to. If anyone has any ideas as to how I can spread the word, I am all ears!

Bottom Line - great episode! keep it up!

Bundi

• Like 1

i thought it was a great episode. i think Matt should keep on experimenting with his show. i also really liked his cover of Aimee Mann I would like to get an mp3 of his cover. Does anyone know how to do that? i listened to it numerous time throughout work yesterday.

• Like 1

i thought it was a great episode. i think Matt should keep on experimenting with his show. i also really liked his cover of Aimee Mann I would like to get an mp3 of his cover. Does anyone know how to do that? i listened to it numerous time throughout work yesterday.

I was also really impressed by Matt's singing. If you download the freeware Audacity, then you can record what's playing on your computer. It's pretty easy; although I can do it tomorrow for you if you don't feel like learning the program.

I really liked this episode; it's great how flexible Matt is with the format. And that Cowcatcher song was really good.

Didn't Matt used to do a musical videocast with his friends? I remember seeing something about that.

Click here to download!

• Like 1

I literally get angry when musicians are on Comedy Bang Bang, but this episode of Improv4Humans is amazing. I loved listening to all the songs, I thought they were all really good. And I felt really emotional hearing Matt singing that Aimee Mann song. I love this podcast so much. And I want a new live video one every week. I've watched the Joe Wengert, John Gemberling, Lennon Parham one 7 times so far and I'm nowhere near done with it. If this podcast told me to jump off a bridge, I would totally do it.

When Besser sets out to make the best podcast in the universe, he doesn't fuck around.

• Like 6

thank you engineer brett and colin for helping me out with matt's song. i very much appreciate it. sorry for the late reply.

• Like 2

I just want to say that this episode has some serious replay value because of the songs. I also really like using music as the "in" for stories that become fodder for improv. Thanks Matt.

It was just great that not only was there live music, but the improv-ers got in on it and sang stuff too. I love how many places they draw inspiration from with the show and that it continues to evolve.

Who was doing the cover of "I'm So Excited"? Sounded like Matt but I couldn't be sure. It was really good.

Scott Rogers

Sign in to follow this