🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Wien

Correction: Cobra: Dolph Lundgren joke in Expendables 2

In the Cobra episode, Jason made a joke about how Dolph Lundgren can't read (or rather he thinks the punchline of the Expendables 2 "theory of relativity" joke is Dolph Lundgren reading).

In actuality, Dolph Lundgren is actually a pretty sharp guy... and THAT is what that joke was about.

After graduating from high school with straight As, he spent some time in the United States in the late 1970s on various academic scholarships, studying chemistry at Washington State University and Clemson University.[5] Lundgren says that "my dad always told me that if I wanted to make something special with my life, I had to go to America."[5] After serving his mandatory two years in the Swedish Marine Corps at the Amphibious Ranger School, he enrolled at the Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm and graduated with a degree in chemical engineering.[5]

In 1982, Lundgren graduated with a master's degree in chemical engineering from the University of Sydney, finishing with the highest results in his class. During his time in Sydney, he earned a living as a bouncer in a nightclub at the infamous King's Cross. He was awarded a Fulbright Scholarship to the Massachusetts Institute of Technology in 1983. However, while preparing for the move to Boston, he was spotted in the nightclub he worked at in Sydney and was hired by Grace Jones as a bodyguard.[17] He fell in love with Jones and their relationship developed dramatically, moving with her to New York City.[18]

Lundgren has often been the subject of over-billing, with his IQ frequently cited as being around 160 and his height at 6 ft 6 inches (198 cm);[28][129] both of which he has professed to be exaggerated.

Sign in to follow this