🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Cam Bert

In The Name of the King: Corrections

I feel sadden to admit this but that I even know this. Despite what Jason said, and what the average viewers my think and feel, this movie was not filmed in Europe. Nope, they went to Hollywood North to make this and what saddens me more, it was all around my hometown. Most of the movie was filmed in Maple Ridge, Sooke, and Chilliwack, British Columbia. They are all cities around Vancouver and Victoria, British Columbia. This could also be why this is a 60 millions dollar movie and not a 40 million dollar movie.

Cambert, I also remember something about filming in Maple Ridge but my understanding is that plenty of movies shoot in different locations and even globally.

Is it possible (If anyone knows?) a number of the outdoor scenes were in Greater Vancouver while maybe set scenes (or whatever) was done in Eastern Europe?

And I don't know how they determine what the main official 'shot in' location but I would bet it depends on tax schemes.

I can't say for sure that it was 100% Canada for sure, no. However, I think Uwe Boll's track record speaks to it though. I know for fact that Postal, Alone in Dark, and House of the Dead were all shot in and around Vancouver as well. True there may have been other none B.C locations used, but it seems to be where he does a lot of his shooting.

Also, I know that Boll has some shady tax schemes when it comes to his movies. Basically German investors being able write off the entire thing on their taxes. An article about it can be found here: http://www.cinemablend.com/features/Uwe-Boll-Money-For-Nothing-209.html

Boll has shot in Eastern Europe a bunch. especially for his later films so thinking that it was filmed in Eastern Europe not only due to that but also the accents of the extras. That particular tax loophole in Germany was fixed years ago but there are still plenty of loopholes and incentives Boll can use to blow loads of money.

Boll has got to have a lot of blackmail material to get the funding and the hollywood "talent" to star in his movies.

Not even Ed Wood who loved making movies was able to secure the funding and stars with the ease that Uwe Boll seems to have.

Sign in to follow this