🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 210 — A Spiritual Journey

Be brave as you join The OC’s Adam Brody and today’s co-host/high school junior Traci Rearden as they go on a spiritual journey to the far off land of Comedy Bang Bang! They’ll talk about piercings, surfing, and what their 50 year plans look like. Spiritual medium Shelby Orangina then stops by to brief us on her short venture into the drink business, help everyone communicate with those who have passed on to another realm, and use her abilities during a game of Would You Rather.

• Like 1

Interesting line-up! I've always loved Adam Brody when he does weird shit with comedy, like in The Ten or Jennifer's Body- he can really kill it.

• Like 1

Man this was a good one. Lauren does an amazing job portraying how fucking boring teenagers are. Wengert tickled my 90s nostalgia in all the right ways. And Brody was a great first time guest. Mellow, amicable, and present.

• Like 4

I really enjoyed how all of Shelby Orangina's psychic pop-culture references seemingly came from the period between 1992 and 1994.

Also, it's always a wonderful sign when, halfway through the podcast, Scott is forced to stop and say, "No wait, what are we talking about right now?" I really do mean that in the best possible way.

• Like 2

man the choctaw never fails loved the episode! ..I say Wompler and Traci fight for co host rights

or just team up haha

• Like 2

this episode was fweeking awesome.

seriously, Wengert/Lapkus Rules.

Can we please just get one more plane break? I feel like Scott is only mentioning it to tease us.

P.S. Grape-gina.

• Like 9

I desperately miss plane break and a Traci/Wompler episode makes me nervous, Wompler's gonna break her down (aka Womp it Up)

• Like 3

Did anyone else lose it at the horrible throwaway joke "One scoop for you?" Hahah Scott never fails because when he does fail it's still hilarious.

• Like 3

Wonder if Mawissa is jeawous of Twaci? Choctaw calling her 'hun', he does love him some high schoolers.

Also.......

Make it a lady fuckin' a horse

• Like 1

There was most definitely a warning before the floor was closed. I feel cheated.

But Scott did not say there was not going to be a warning so its fair.

Lauren Lapkis is fastly becoming one of my new favorites, especially for saying pop.

• Like 2

If Lauren was actually named Tracy, she'd be the Tony Danza of CBB.

Wengert's character was so weird and funny. Fun episode all around.

• Like 1

Probably my favorite episode of 2013 so far. I know I'm in the minority, but I didn't love Wengert in his first appearance. I think he killed it here, though, even if I would have probably cut out one bit. Lapkus was spot-on (though no Wompler) and I've loved Adam Brody for years and was thrilled to see how well he "got it." Interrupting Scott during Would You Rather? made me giggle. Great episode.

EDIT: Also, anyone watch HIMYM tonight? They completely stole Carl Sjunior.

Loved this episode. My favorite throwaway line was, after Wengert's character lost WYR, he said, "It's like grape-gina all over again."

• Like 2

One of my favorite episodes of all time. Adam Brody and Gillian Jacobs for permanent CBB cohosts?

• Like 1

This episode was nothing short of completely tremendous, four out of four entertainers delivering the goods in spades. EVERYONE was ON baby.

But ExtraSuperUberMegaSpecial mention goes to Joe Wengert for making me laugh out loudly harder than any CBB thing thing since New-No-Nos. Every time he did that exhalation/relaxation-of-tension thing as he revealed his ludicrous revelations I was losing it. I love that character so much with the time-traveling and the ludicrous revelations and the voice and EVERYTHING I want her/him back asap.

ASAP I SAID!!!

• Like 1

Now that I hear this I remember hearing Adam Brody on Loveline and thinking he was really funny and with it. Great first podcast choice for him!

Sign in to follow this