Episode 58.5 - Minisode 58.5

67 replies to this topic

#1 July Diaz

Earwolf Buddy

• Administrators
  • 1,524 posts
  • LocationUnder a roof

Posted 26 March 2013 - 10:49 AM

Spice up your life with a film that Paul watched on his birthday when it came out in theaters. Paul apologizes to Romania as he reads some of the many Corrections & Omissions for In The Name of The King, makes himself more meme-able, and explains why he doesn’t pick on The Rock while answering some of YOUR questions. Check out Burning Love Season 2, grab yourself a copy of Paul’s comic book Aliens Vs. Parker, and keep submitting new logos for the show!

#2 Wien

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 434 posts
  • Locationaustin, tx

Posted 26 March 2013 - 11:00 AM

On The Line, From Justin to Kelly, Spice World.... we're hitting up all the greats. Crossroads can't be too far behind.
THIS CONCLAVE IS OVER!!!!!!

#3 pepperjack

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 26 March 2013 - 11:05 AM

Meat Loaf!

Random trivia. Richard E. Grant was born in Swaziland.

#4 Bruce Reid Robinson II

No good, two-bit, hippy womanizer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,237 posts
  • LocationAny farm in Oregon

Posted 26 March 2013 - 11:05 AM

View PostWien, on 26 March 2013 - 11:00 AM, said:

On The Line, From Justin to Kelly, Spice World.... we're hitting up all the greats. Crossroads can't be too far behind.

Yep. Late nineties era shit-flicks are some of my favorites.

-"CAN THEY ACT?"
-yeah, you know, "blah blah blah, girl power, feminism."

#5 Joe F.

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 11:26 AM

I use fractions everyday. When I see a 60% off sale I know that I can just multiply the original price by 4 and then divide by 10 to get the sale price. (10/10 - 6/10 = 4/10)

When I need to make a recipe for my wife and myself that was orignally designed for six peolpe I can just divide the quantity of all the ingredients by three.

Higher order polynomial fractions are important to learn if you're going to do calculus or differential equations (and probably beyond) as they help introduce the idea that polynomials can be pulled apart and simplified.

#6 wyldride

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 11:28 AM

Funny that you can't go two sentences after deriding fractions without using one: 1%=1/100. ;)

#7 Kickpuncher

Sentient Meat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,675 posts
  • LocationIthaca, NY

Posted 26 March 2013 - 11:28 AM

View PostJoe F., on 26 March 2013 - 11:26 AM, said:

I use fractions everyday. When I see a 60% off sale I know that I can just multiply the original price by 4 and then divide by 10 to get the sale price. (10/10 - 6/10 = 4/10)

When I need to make a recipe for my wife

My wife!

and myself that was orignally designed for six peolpe I can just divide the quantity of all the ingredients by three.

Higher order polynomial fractions are important to learn if you're going to do calculus or differential equations (and probably beyond) as they help introduce the idea that polynomials can be pulled apart and simplified.

#8 Shariq Torres

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,007 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 11:35 AM

I don't use fractions, but my friends who partake in recreational drugs have found knowledge of the metric system invaluable.

#9 RIP Spirit Bear

\\\ ^[o.o]^ ///

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 561 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 11:35 AM

Eight-balls, quarter-ounces, half a pound... Lindsay Lohan will school Paul on some motherfuckin' fractions.

-edit Shariq cockblocked my joke!

#10 Herself

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 11:56 AM

Ah, Spice World. I caught ten minutes of this on TV once and screamed, "Why, Alan Cumming, why??????????"

#11 atalarzyk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 12:06 PM

No shit, this is one of my all time favorite movies. Its fucking hilarious. Just watch it and go bananas. It makes zero sense. Absolute zero. But these girls are trying their hardest. Its a movie about a fake documentary/tour/alien abduction.

#12 justinmh05

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 12:12 PM

I hope they talk a little about the 4-minute Gary Glitter cameo that was cut at the last minute due to him being arrested for sexual offenses.

#13 grkpektis

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 01:53 PM

You think fractions are pointless to teach in schools what about teaching kids how to write in script that is the most useless skill ever.
I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.

#14 @notontwitter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 01:58 PM

as a completely unashamed Spice Girls fan of yore I am beyond excited for this. I wonder who the mystery guest will be.

#15 Shannon

• Administrators
  • 950 posts
  • LocationAustin

Posted 26 March 2013 - 02:00 PM

Posted Image Posted Image
WEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!

I am just beside myself with happiness over the recent film choices. I have seen Spice World upwards of a billion times. Dream come true.

#16 Kickpuncher

Sentient Meat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,675 posts
  • LocationIthaca, NY

Posted 26 March 2013 - 03:41 PM

Incidentally, Retta was my guess for the guest.

Spice World might be the only movie I've ever gone to see in a theater ironically. If it were on Netflix Instant, I would absolutely watch it again.

#17 MattBacke

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Locationnew britain ct

Posted 26 March 2013 - 05:09 PM

not so unmemebable now, are we Mr. Scheer? and on the topic of the next film you guys are doing, looks like i'll be eating more shit right along with you. but can we get some sauce for it? i think they had sauce in 'nam. not 100% sure about that, but who uses fractions, anyways?

#18 MattBacke

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Locationnew britain ct

Posted 26 March 2013 - 05:09 PM

Posted Image

#19 IsaiahER

Pronounced "Isaiah-E-R'"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 26 March 2013 - 08:16 PM

As someone who has seen all the 1997 Razzie Worst Picture Nominees (Spice World, Godzilla, Armageddon, The Avengers, and Burn Hollywood Burn), I can safely say that this is the one film on that list I consider perfect throughout, just for the insanity and the song numbers.

#20 hxw11h

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 08:49 PM

I was seven when this movie came out and was completely obsessed with it, I practically had it memorized. At seven, it didn't bother me that it was completely bananas, but the creepy guy with the camera that stalks them throughout the movie terrified me.