🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
admin

Episode 18 — Finish The Fight!

Patton's song was amazing. I reached that level of laughter where you stop making sound and stop breathing.

I enjoyed the briefly whispered lyrics to Whiplash.

• Like 2

2vjsxvb.jpg

Can you hear the sound of Blaine's lips smacking?

post-21580-0-61288300-1364463922_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Just as the party seems to have gotten used to their abilities & combat sequence a whole new set of things for them to stumble through next week!

Awesome episode!

Don't sweat it! Good heads up! The longer I use 4th, and especially the longer I use 4th without an actual table, the less I like it. I see what they were going for, and I can even see enjoying it more under different circumstances. But as it is I'm glossing over so many of the movement / map / grid reliant rules I've practically written 4th Lite. I mangled 2nd Ed as well, but it was poorly written so it allowed for that :)

Do you plan on giving the new version of D&D a shot when it comes out? What you have now is obviously working, even if you don't use a grid and all that business.

Oh and I forgot to add, the way the collectors charge up that super mental blast would freak me the F out if I was playing. Just knowing that in the next round you could be leaking brains out of your ears... man that's intense.

You can't put out the sun. It's not firey like as in fire, it's nuclear reactions, and it wouldn't just make a bunch of vapour. It's too hot for steam to even exist, it becomes "supercritical" I think is the physics term, it's too hot to even be a gas above 700 degrees or so (the surface of the sun is between 9000 and 10000 degrees Fahrenheit, and even the colder, redder stars you find in the universe are still between 4000-5000 degrees, so way over 700) :

IVA5H1d.png

It'd just keep splitting the water into hydrogen and oxygen and fuel helium fusion reactions with the hydrogen it already has meeting all the new hydrogen; the sun would keep getting bigger and more violent and more hot until there was so much weight it all crunched down into a black hole that started sucking up all the water that passed the event horizon

Actually long before the planet was in danger of touching it's star, it would become a star itself. Consider the diamater of the Sun: 864,000 miles, vs. Earth's distance from the Sun: 92,960,000 miles. So as you can see before the planet got even 1/92nd of the distance from the star it was orbiting around it would go critical.

I'm questioning whether the mass increase of the planet might actually send it out of orbit, or into the star before it reached critical mass so drowning the star may have actually been a relevant question.

• Like 1

Hahaha this post was epic! Thanks for the lesson I love this kind of thing. If I'd had time to research this properly I actually would've liked to explore the black hole angle but the idea of our universe springing a leak and the water elemental plane filling it up with infinite water tickled me so much I just ran with it.

For the sake of physics we'll say that water straight from the plane is SO pure and plentiful that it defies our science. Or maybe that since it makes up not only the environment but also the denizens, that they have control on an atomic level that defies our puny starfire. Or both. Yeah, both. :)

Got it, magic water. You're the best, keep up the good work.

Funny 2 people point out that the sentient water being was wrong about his facts...

• Like 1

Haha! I just listened to 17-18 through, how yall got back into the game by geeking out in ep. 19 was hilarious. STOKED on Patton Oswalt! Keep up the great story! Sark stay sassy!

Don't sweat it! Good heads up! The longer I use 4th, and especially the longer I use 4th without an actual table, the less I like it. I see what they were going for, and I can even see enjoying it more under different circumstances. But as it is I'm glossing over so many of the movement / map / grid reliant rules I've practically written 4th Lite. I mangled 2nd Ed as well, but it was poorly written so it allowed for that :)/>

I've yet to play with the 4e rules but the more I listen to you play the less fun it appears if taken by the book. I think you do an awesome job making the game your own.

"Jizz in a blizzard of wizard's gizzards"...

Crap... I was fucking crying when I heard that.

And to echo what someone else said, because of this show, I've managed to get a bunch of work folks together to play DnD. Characters are made and our first session starts in a week or so!

Thank you!

I feel such sadness for you people buying 4th Edition because of this podcast. It was a failure that split the fanbase quite possibly permanently and what's more it's no longer supported and 5th Edition is out shortly.

I could be wrong of course but I assume that's whats going on. Maybe some of you are ending up with Pathfinder or Castles & Crusades. Doubt it though :(

"I feel such sadness for you people buying 4th Edition because of this podcast."

I will never understand this line of thinking.

1st, your fucking imagination doesn't expire.

2nd, anyone just now buying 4e still has the opportunity to buy the sourcebooks and modules. It's still new to them.

WotC didn't confiscate and shred all the books. My LCS still sells unopened 4e mods. Also, eBay.

I feel sorry for people with such limited vision. So yeah, we don't need your pity.

I don't pity you unless you've never played another type of d&d. I assume people buying d&d now based on enjoying this podcast are investing in 4th without having any experience or contrast with other editions or even the knowledge that pretty shortly when they go to their games official website it's going to be heavily pimping they buy a whole new set of books and won't be producing new ones for the version they play. Those people I pity and last I checked whether they needed my pity or not was a decision only I get to make.

I said that I'd abandon any talk of editions on these forums in this post: http://forum.earwolf...6544#entry56544

which also outlines my thoughts on the matter better. If anyone does think that a discussion of the various fantasy systems that one can play is a worthwhile resource to have here someone should create that topic and I'll post there If not I suppose that's that(from me anyway - a response from WinterCraig here there or both places is probably inevitable).

Love,

Winterborn