🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 29 — LIVE from SXSW

Doug Benson, Chris Gethard, and Andrew W.K. join Jake in their viewing positions for a LIVE edition of THE FOGELNEST FILES from SXSW! Recorded LIVE at Esther’s Follies in Austin, Texas, they’ll try to understand the logic behind the M*A*S*H karaoke music video, get Chipmunk punk’d, and experience the new wave band Dog Police. Go to http://www.youtube.com/user/TheFogelnestFiles for all the videos featured in today’s episode and make sure to leave reviews for your favorite reel-to-reel tape recorders in “The Fogelnest Files” section on iTunes. If you’re in Los Angeles on the day this drops, come to a LIVE podcast recital of THE FOGELNEST FILES with Kurt Braunohler, Gabe Liedman, and Joe Mande at the Upright Citizens Brigade Theatre! Get tickets at www.ucbtheatre.com

great episode, man i love Andrew W.K.! i love doug but he was sort of a downer.. i dont think he values the random lil video nuggets and facts.. i mean he does.. but not compared to past guests but that doesn't mean i love doug less some people just enjoy old tv themes and john waters letters more and some dont haha oh and gethard is always great!

I agree with the reviewer at the beginning of the podcast.

That's nice, I'M COOLER THAN YOU ARE!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 6

i love doug but he was sort of a downer.. i dont think he values the random lil video nuggets and facts.. i mean he does.. but not compared to past guests

As the old saying goes, "Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by getting incredibly high before the show."

• Like 2

Jake's shame-spiraling diatribe after the "Chipmunk Punk" clip was one of my favorite TFF moments yet.

• Like 1

"Dr. Death" in that Suicide is Painless video was actually an exterminator. That pink silly string was supposed to be bug spray. Someone in the comments pointed it out. Still doesn't explain the burn victim or, hell, anything. What the fuck WAS that??

I was fortunate enough to come across "Dog Police" some time ago and, since I first saw it, always wondered why it never became an internet... thing or a meme or something. I mean, why "Rickrolling" and not "Dogrolling"? Oh, the the mysteries of The Intertubes.

This was, perhaps, the most insane thing I've heard on Earwolf in a while. I could not have loved it more.

"It's fake. These are all fake." Andrew W.K.

"[something incoherent] jerking off on your childhood memories." Doug Benson.

Madness.

I also agree with the reviewer at beginning.

Jake is very funny, but the I'M AN OLD MAN GET OFF MY LAWN schtick gets old one second into it whenever he does do it. It's my only criticism of an otherwise wonderful show hosted by a man with infectious enthusiasm and passion for what he does.

by the way jake is super cool, that's indisputable.

Please, folks, there's an appropriate time and place to slag off Jake.

That time is "anytime", and that place is "in the iTunes review section for The Fogelnest Files".

Jake, I'm sure this isn't the right thread to ask this question in, but do you think there's a chance of a Fogelnest Files episode with Tom Scharpling as the guest? You guys are always so great together on the Best Show.

I also think it's high time you make an appearance on 'Comedians are Nuts'.

I also agree with the reviewer at beginning.

Jake is very funny, but the I'M AN OLD MAN GET OFF MY LAWN schtick gets old one second into it whenever he does do it. It's my only criticism of an otherwise wonderful show hosted by a man with infectious enthusiasm and passion for what he does.

by the way jake is super cool, that's indisputable.

I have the ability to ban you from these forums for disagreeing with me!!!!!!!

Jake, I'm sure this isn't the right thread to ask this question in, but do you think there's a chance of a Fogelnest Files episode with Tom Scharpling as the guest? You guys are always so great together on the Best Show.

I also think it's high time you make an appearance on 'Comedians are Nuts'.

Yes, as soon as I get back to NYC or Tom gets to LA. It will happen!

Great to hear that!

That's all well and good, but how do we know this is the real Jake and not @fart or @dogboner?

That's all well and good, but how do we know this is the real Jake and not @fart or @dogboner?

Noooooooooooooo!!!!

Excess use of exclamation points, truly you are a mad man.

Sign in to follow this