🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Jon Favreau #165

Once under the impression that they were handing out television pilots to comedians upon arrival to Los Angeles, actor/writer/director/producer Jon Favreau (Swingers, Iron Man, Elf) chats to Kevin about all aspects of the movie making process. Having worn many hats in the industry, Favreau gives insight on penning a cult classic, directing Robert Downey Jr. in the film that resurrected his career, compiling snappy soundtracks, and letting Will Ferrell just do his thing.

Favreau is awesome, and killed it on WTF, so I can't wait to see his spot here! I love the guy as a director and personality, so this should be fantastic.

Welp, this is lovely.

Growing up, my BFF and I adored two films: Titanic (so embarrassing) and Swingers. One of them holds up. Also, why did our parents allow us to watch either of those movies? Anyway...

And my BFF? She went to film school in Vancouver and is currently getting shit done in LA.

While I don't care about movies in any way, shape or form -- she's super passionate, doing well, and we text each other Swingers quotes regularly. Every outsider thinks we're obnoxious...but we get it.

At the end of the day, Favereau doesn't do anything for me, but he truly shaped my best friend's life. Good guy.

Excellent conversation. Thanks to the whole team. BTW, for the folks at Earwolf, sure and I'll be checking out the swag. I've done business in support of KPCS for awhile now. (Although, for introducing me to Goorin Bros. hats, I think I owe Kevin. Their shop in New Orleans was outstanding. I learned a lot and scored two new hats for spring and summer.)

Favreau is an excellent 'talker' or talk show guest. If you aren't well versed in Table for 5, or was it called Dinner for 5? either way, the episodes are all on youtube, and a lot of them are amazing. If you find the one with Vince Vaughn, Brian Cox, Rory Cochrane, etc, its a real gem. Vintage Vince Vaughn... VVV

Yes Robert Downey Jr. and more than that the Iron Man franchise has really resurrected Favreau's career there is no denying that. But, the guy is talented and has a sense of humor, so he deserves to be where he is today.

Sign in to follow this