🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
zeecheree82

Temptation - Tyler Perry

Haven't even seen it but if it's like any other Tyler Perry Flick it's gotta be pretty awful..Plus Kim Kardashian is it as an actual supporting character... c'mon if this isn't HDTGM doable I don't know what is..(really, I don't)

The trailer for that makes me laugh uncontrollably every time I see it.

HE IS GONNA DRAG YOU STRAIGHT TO HELL!

• Like 1

r they talking about the character in the movie or the place Tyler Perry takes u with his movies

• Like 1

I was referring to Ella Joyce's line in the trailer, but it could easily be applied to the experience of watching a TP movie.

• Like 1

Ok, maybe picking a Tyler Perry movie is low hanging fruit. But did you see that trailer?! Sweet-Tap-Dancing-Christ!

Good lord. Guy scrapped the bottom of the "straight to dvd" erotic thriller cliche barrel.

Well and from what I've read the movie is an uber religious/morality movie. The female lead turns her back on her family and religion and then has HORRIBLE things happen to her which is explained as the results of turning her back on said things.

His movies usually breakdown into really ham-fisted morality tales. Totally hokey and completely obvious from the get go.

His movies usually breakdown into really ham-fisted morality tales. Totally hokey and completely obvious from the get go.

He also likes to blame women for everything. Dude has some issues.

• Like 1

Oh brother, I just read the wikipedia synopsis on this and the overt misogyny is out of control. I'd love to hear June tear this apart.

Yeah the ending of this movie is a big WTF. I'm surprised this movie wasn't co-written by Kirk Cameron and considering that Perry thinks that this is his most powerful film proves that he has lost it.

HDTGM has to do Tyler Perry at some point. If not this I'd recommend Daddy's Little Girls, which I found laughably ridiculous.

HDTGM has to do Tyler Perry at some point. If not this I'd recommend Daddy's Little Girls, which I found laughably ridiculous.

Talk about showing off Perry's woman hating.

I'm not saying he really knows his audience, but I hear Tyler Perry puts the 15-minute intermission at the BEGINNING of his movies. OK, not really...

Seriously though, I'm not being racist if I tell you that I can't tell any Tyler Perry movies apart, right? I swear, they DO all look the same!

That's definitely not racist, Tyler Perry movies are ostensibly all about the same thing, "You gotta trust in Jesus baby!"

I would love for them to get someone like Charlie Murphy or Kevin Hart to discuss these movies with, maybe it can help us white people understand their popularity.

They're popular because there's virtually no alternative for films aimed at black audiences right now. Plus anything that's kinda lowest common denominator is usually going to be appealing to a large audience.

Spike Lee has been doing that for ages, but without the same success as Perry.

I really don't think that Perry even has a "Malcolm X" in him though.

On a related note, I'm really surprised by HOW badly Perry's "Alex Cross" did considering that it looked like something that could appeal to white folks and people that don't dig Perry's cross-dressing comedies, but even his dedicated fanbase didn't turn out for it. You just know there were more than a few people that were like "I really like the Madea movies, but man, THIS looks stupid".

• Like 1

Spike Lee was making movies of some substance I think, even when they weren't so great they were about issues and themes that were challenging in some way. But Tyler Perry stuff is just really pandering, which I think sells tickets better typically.

• Like 1

I really don't think that Perry even has a "Malcolm X" in him though.

I doubt Tyler Perry even has a Girl 6 in him.

• Like 2

Spike Lee was making movies of some substance I think, even when they weren't so great they were about issues and themes that were challenging in some way. But Tyler Perry stuff is just really pandering, which I think sells tickets better typically.

Exactly. Perry is the Michael Bay to Spike's Martin Scorsese.

Exactly. Perry is the Michael Bay to Spike's Martin Scorsese.

Perry is like the Wayans Brothers to Spike's Martin Scorsese.

• Like 3

Perry is like the Wayans Brothers to Spike's Martin Scorsese.

Hey now, Don't Be a Menace to South Central While Drinking Your Juice in the Hood is way better than anything Perry has ever done.

• Like 3

I will say I do like to tell people that my favorite Tyler Perry movie is Star Trek.

• Like 3

Tyler Perry is like the steaming pile of shit to Spike Lee's being a director.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this