🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 119 — Macklemore on Alt Radio

Milana Vayntrub (1/2 of Live Prude Girls) joins Andrew Ti to talk about how racist it is to play Macklemore on Alternative radio stations. Don’t forget to call us at (323) 389-RACE to ask us about anything you might think is racist.

Radio is very segregated. That's why its a dying medium.

BTW, I like this girl. I give her full permission to punch Kesha in the pussy.

The viacom alternative station in my city has had cee-lo, kid cudi, outkast, etc in rotation.

I liked that the guest called Ti out on his yawning. Do they record this at 5am? Now if could stop doing that yowl every few sentences.

Guest ladelman5

While I do happen to agree that radio can be fairly segregated, I do not think this is always the case. My alt station at home plays a ton of different genres by artists of many ethnicities and I feel that it is pretty unfair to say that this applies to radio on a whole. However, my issue is mainly with the fact that you used Macklemore as a case study or perfect example of this. Clearly, neither of the hosts knew anything about Macklemore and for God sakes, if you want to market yourself as a reputable information source, you should probably research who you're going to talk about before you go on air and title a segment after them. Get to know your subject before you call them, "the worst" and don't pin your views on one artist in particular. 'Thrift Shop' has been the #1 song in the US for weeks now. At least get the title right.

The viacom alternative station in my city has had cee-lo, kid cudi, outkast, etc in rotation.

The alternative station in my city doesn't.

While I do happen to agree that radio can be fairly segregated, I do not think this is always the case. My alt station at home plays a ton of different genres by artists of many ethnicities and I feel that it is pretty unfair to say that this applies to radio on a whole.

So, how can you "agree" that radio is segregated when you say at the end of the sentence that it doesn't apply to radio as a whole? Either your hometown "alt" station is the norm and Andrew and myself are just making shit up, or your station is an anomaly in an industry that overall leans towards segregating music by race.

Clearly, neither of the hosts knew anything about Macklemore and for God sakes, if you want to market yourself as a reputable information source, you should probably research who you're going to talk about before you go on air and title a segment after them.

I don't think the guy yawning through his own show intro regularly markets himself as a reputable information source…

Off topic, but the guest was being an ass when she was talking about Kesha. I don't care what Andrew said about not criticising the guestin the comments, because saying that when you punch Kesha in the pussy your whole arm is going to slip in is a sexist thing to say. The joke is that she has so much sex that her vagina is disgustingly loose.

That's the whole joke.

Sign in to follow this