🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
admin

Episode 211 — April Fools!

When they were talking about Duck Phillips, then "a duck", I think someone mentioned the Aflac duck and I was so hoping they would do a bit about how Don Draper created the Aflac duck campaign. At least they sort of went back down that route with Geico.

Needy question, but: say I'm just starting season 4 of Mad Men. Anything in this episode that would be bad to hear before seeing seasons 4 and 5? I know the show's practically impossible to spoil but I like being difficult a LOT.

There's a pretty major, show-changing thing that happens at the end of S4 that they talk about here, at least indirectly, but I'm guessing there's a decent chance you've already had that spoiled unless you've tried VERY hard to avoid it.

Great to hear the new season's about to start so I can see some new episodes, but I've gotta admit I'm more excited that this means Jon Hamm will be making the podcast circuit to promote it. I said it before on the old Comments boards and I'll say it again - as much as I enjoy him as an actor, I wish Jon would focus more on his career as a podcast guest.

El Chupacabro character seemed like a complete accident, not at all planned, but it was so great I'm glad they stuck with it for the rest of the episode. It was gnawing at me that no one gave the punchline to the "mama was the town bike" set up until we learned that their mother was, in fact, a very beautiful bicycle.

• Like 1

Thank you for making me look like a crazy person on the bus ride home from work. I rarely can't keep my laughter to myself, but today I was literally laughing out loud. But it was funny seeing people look over at me and smiling. I wonder if they were thinking to themselves, "what could be that funny" since of course they couldn't hear what I was hearing due to me wearing headphones.

obligatory

29fthv.jpg

• Like 14

Started a bit slow but ended up great. It sounded like they were trying to find their legs in an unforeseen circumstance, and once things righted themselves, they were on fire.

Am I the only one who liked the pre-character segments in this episode more? Just straight ridiculous.

Plus we got about 1 sentence of Fabrice Fabrice!

• Like 1

Needy question, but: say I'm just starting season 4 of Mad Men. Anything in this episode that would be bad to hear before seeing seasons 4 and 5? I know the show's practically impossible to spoil but I like being difficult a LOT.

nope,you're good

The word "Postice" is so appealing to me, I wish I still used dumb old post offices so I could tell all my friends about what I mailed at the postice today. Postice Postice Postice. If anyone has already bought postice.com I will buy it off of you for twice the amount you paid. Also don't name your band Postice cause I already did.

eh. i'm adrian.

And to strengthen scott's observation, I was born in the 90s and I am not in my 90s. Weird, right

There's a pretty major, show-changing thing that happens at the end of S4 that they talk about here, at least indirectly, but I'm guessing there's a decent chance you've already had that spoiled unless you've tried VERY hard to avoid it.

nope,you're good

Thanks, listened after your recs and you were right. nothing I didn't already have an idea about.

I think this episode is going to make my top 10 this year. It was great to hear Juan Jamon enjoying himself. I love how much he loves comedy.

• Like 1

Are Hamm and Kroll a couple? They commonly do CBB shows together, and you get the sense listening to this episode that they really get a kick out of each other. Early on after Hamm arrived, when theyre joking around, you can hear how often they each break and start laughing at the other. It's so great to witness that respect and admiration some celebs have for one another.

Here's to hoping Kroll can get Hamm to do a little guest spot on Season 2 of Kroll Show. Maybe a guest on Too Much Tuna?

Here's to hoping Kroll can get Hamm to do a little guest spot on Season 2 of Kroll Show. Maybe a guest on Too Much Tuna?

Hamm on TTT would be absolutely amazing.

You know what would make the best episode, Jason Manzoukas, Jon Hamm, Ben Schwartz and Andy Daly.

This episode was great big fan of Nick Kroll and Jon Hamm.

Penguin boning was previously explored by Harris Wittels on farts and procreation 2! But I don't blame Kroll if he thought he was safe on that one.

• Like 1

Good LORD this was a tremendous show. The alarm stuff was unreasonably funny to me.

• Like 1

Penguin boning was previously explored by Harris Wittels on farts and procreation 2! But I don't blame Kroll if he thought he was safe on that one.

And a quick note: it wasn't Jack Sjunior. It was Harris's ghost.

And a quick note: it wasn't Jack Sjunior. It was Harris's ghost.

'She's a bird,' she said!

I'm continually impressed by Jon's comedic sensibilities and quick wit. Never would have guessed.

Really enjoyed this one. He and Nick had great chemistry.