🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
admin

Episode 212 — Comedy Bleep Bleep

Scott said "my wife" without doing his super accurate Borat impression....this saddens me

And the "two more" limit on Walsh was an underhand "it's not a tumor" setup, unreturned.

I would love to know who was in control of the bleep machine. By the time this was over I found myself wishing I could this in every phone conversation I have. I would just bleep out every third word and let the world guess at what was happening.

• Like 2

I would love to know who was in control of the bleep machine. By the time this was over I found myself wishing I could this in every phone conversation I have. I would just bleep out every third word and let the world guess at what was happening.

It had to have been Adomian with the switch right? He was going so fast I dont know if Cody (or Brett maybe?) could keep up with where he was going with it

• Like 2

It had to have been Adomian with the switch right? He was going so fast I dont know if Cody (or Brett maybe?) could keep up with where he was going with it

How in the world was he doing it for them too? I mean he caught them at the right moments too. Something about the sound just made me giggle so much.

How in the world was he doing it for them too? I mean he caught them at the right moments too. Something about the sound just made me giggle so much.

yeah, you're right. I guess it's just podcast magic. I really liked the way it was done and how everyone was initially confused by Gordon's voice being bleeped in real life.

Edit07 on the mp3 filename would suggest that they worked on it a little bit. I could be wrong again.

• Like 1

I laughed during the stamps.com commercial. I remember that.

Were you sitting at your desk at the time? Or perhaps you were mailing a desk to someone who needed a desk.

• Like 1

It's pretty obviously time for a Gordon Ramsay/Cake Boss showdown.

• Like 7

It's pretty obviously time for a Gordon Ramsay/Cake Boss showdown.

Holy $hit! You just won Earwolf forums.

• Like 1

Having Louis CK sponsor the episode only teased me in making me imagine Louis on CBB

I so hope that Louis CK comes in for a B-B-Bonus episode this week to promote his Saturday special. I could see him being part of a great Bros Just Bro-in' Out episode. Maybe him, Scott, Louis' good friend Todd Barry, someone else? It would just be great to hear two of my favorite comedians (Scott & Louie) interact. Three, if you throw in Todd Barry,

• Like 1

BTW, this was a great episode. Neil Campbell is super sharp. It's no wonder that Scott has partnered with him on writing a few things. James Adomian was great! Am I the only one who loved the off-mic receptionist character, Kathy, they created to receive Brendan & Gordon's abuse.

James Adomian literally blew my mind again. Apart from Joe Wengert's character in 210, no other character has had me laughing as much and as hard as Gordon Ramsay on this episode since Paul Rust gave birth to New-No-Nos.

Maybe its just me, but for me, scott was on fire in this episode.

What with all the superstar guests in and out of the open door hogging the limelight it doesn't get said often enough how funny Scott's reactions and show-driving are.

I even made a mental note about the number 54:56 (The Devil's other number?) because Scottabot emits a particular "Ooooh" makes in response to Gordon Ramsay talking about Neil's girlfriend which is so sublime it blew my head off. 6 seconds later was the much-commented-on moment when Gordon said the n-word, but the first time through I completely missed it because The Choctaw's ludicrously perfect "Ooooh" at 54:56 had me cracking all the way up and I had to wind back to hear the rest of what Gordon had been saying.

He really was vital to making the segments with Brendon's character work too, because even as a bad comedian it was the type of easy bad comedy even a non-comedian could do. It really was one of those experiments that wasn't working, so Scott reacting to that and commenting on it was what made it worth listening to. Nothing against Brendon though, even the stupendous James Adomian has brought in ideas which haven't worked in the past.

Edit07 on the mp3 filename would suggest that they worked on it a little bit. I could be wrong again.

This was my guess too, but if it was done in post it's a phenomenal - nay, superhuman - job because whoever produced it couldn't just bleep every cuss, they had to pay attention to the narrative which involved the guys commenting on which cusses weren't bleeped.

With the way Scott in particular was responding live to non-bleeps as much as bleeps I thought they might actually have had two or more bleep buttons in-studio so each of them could bleep themselves live. Either that or the producer was bleeping live on a delay.

Whatever the behind-the-scenes answer is the result was nothing short of magnificent.

• Like 3

Scott said "my wife" without doing his super accurate Borat impression....this saddens me

Not once, but twice. Shame on you, Aukerman.

neil campbells awful unfunny monologue sucked but the rest was real good

it's really disappointing every time they use the freestyle beat for the ads and scott doesn't start out by saying "well my name's rappin scott and I'm here to say"

• Like 2

New to forums thought I share this fan art that I recently created. This was an funny episode. With this illustration I was inspired by looking at all the promotional material that was released for Ramsay’s show Hell’s Kitchen, since in the episode we were told he is Beelzebub, I chose to depict Gordon as Satan himself. To add a more realistic feel I used the same kind of title treatment and pitchfork that Hell’s Kitchen used, also chose to go with the Cardboard cutout fire rather than try to create realistic fire because the other promotional material used Cardboard cutout fire. With these ephemeral elements such as the fake looking fire, title treatment, and raw and severe color scheme I was creating a realistic image of what I believe the cover image for Gordon’s podcast show PODCRAP would look like. You can check out more of my work on my tumblr http://nickmillustrations.tumblr.com/or twitter https://twitter.com/nmicciola.

433ee37ed5b0870f35349b7de3a39a51.jpg

• Like 1

When James entered I literally said, out loud, "Oh shit, is he doing Gordon Ramsay??" Great episode. There were so many moments that *sounded* scripted even though I know it was all improvised (like them not bleeping n*****).