🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 20 — Burst Through and Kill

This was a great episode, I only wish that I had Gerry sign my Deadpool #1 with a " FOR GLINISHMORE!!!" at comicon in KC last Saturday! What was I thinking! Can't wait for next weeks. If Brian had been there im sure I would have immediately thought of his Battle cry of "FUCK YOU!!" to put on it. :-)

• Like 1

El Ryan was unaligned before his untimely death.

There is nothing untimely about returning to the forest.

• Like 1

My favorite part of the episode was the description of Sir Richard attempting to hang himself with his diaper. Is that weird?

Also it makes me really realize how well Gerry stays in character when he's talking to other people. THIS IS WHY WE'VE MISSED HIM FOR SO VERY LONG!!

This post brought to you by PABST BLUE RIBBON! PABST BLUE RIBBON: Whether you're a pretentious hipster with a tattoo of a mustache under your actual mustache, or a violent redneck with a Rebel flag shirt over your Rebel flag tattoo, DRINK PABST BLUE RIBBON!

• Like 2

As a barbarian shouldn't Amarth Amon be required to be chaotic? Or did they change that alignement rule? The whole party has played outside their supposed alignments (except El Ryan) pretty much the entire campaign. Amarth the most extreme example.

But eh who cares it's fun, I love him being a total psycho... just make them all change to Chaotic Neutral and be done with it.

Haha I've been wrestling with this post-blood bubbling of the sub. He did get docked some XP at level-up time for his sins but I'm still trying to figure out if Brian is the greatest role-player of all-time and is nailing the nuances of:

-an inactive Good, Catholic-style (as Steve mentioned above)

-schizophrenia

-a Sling Blade-esque simpleton

-a man demonically possessed (that he never told me about)

...OR if Amarth/Brian has a rotten core and is a ticking time bomb of muscle and murder and comedy.

I could see him thinking he's "good" compared to other barbarians, especially since he's a big dummy. And it did play into his character of, "don't tell me what to do". At least that guy he murdered was a soldier. I'd think he'd take a much bigger penality if it had been a fellow slave or something.

Brian should murder more hostages. Amarth has been kind of a non-metal pussy lately.

Holy shit. WATCH WHAT YOU SAY MAN BRIAN READS THESE FORUMS YOU'REGONNAGETEVERYONEKILLED!!!

• Like 10

Brian should murder more hostages. Amarth has been kind of a non-metal pussy lately.

Oh, great. Now the whole goddamn internet's getting stabbed in the head.

• Like 3

Holy hell this was a great episode! Love having Gerry back in full force and how much his character is again going to piss off Brian. I got SUUUUUUUUUUUUUPER bummed when Sarah got the 99 on the botch roll...that would have sucked so hard.

Love this show, helps make my Wednesdays so much more easier, keep up the awesome work!

i think that ship was doomed no matter what happened. i think the only way to save that ship was to kill jaffe. he was a ticking time-bomb. that's why i don't think that the blood of everyone on that ship rests on amarth's shoulders. killing the hostage-pilot was what it was, but i don't think that single action was solely responsible for the destruction of that ship.

that's how i saw it, anyway.

I love how Amarth is like Marty McFly being called a chicken. "Not metal? No one says I'm not metal.... STAB!"

• Like 1

I love how Amarth is like Marty McFly being called a chicken. "Not metal? No one says I'm not metal.... STAB!"

It's our solemn duty as "the internet" to provoke as many entertaining Amarth murders as we can.

• Like 1

i just thought of something else. has sir richard been playing since his awake on his ship with sark on the side? or did gerry show up when we the listeners were also introduced to him? because at one point in this episode, sark was describing some damage done to the ship, and sir richard mentioned he may have accidentally damaged the ship earlier not knowing what he was doing. was this gerry role playing? or is there a hidden sir richard prequel out there somewhere????

the adventures of sir richard and jaffe. i'd like to hear that one..!

• Like 1

Not to speak on behalf of Gerry, but it seemed to me that this was just flavor text for Sir Richard's backstory. Gerry is a writer so he has a decent idea how to introduce a character without just appearing. His adventures with Jaif seemed kind of a throwaway in medias res.

I'm guessing we will learn more about the missing hand and whatever drove him away from Glennish Moor as time progresses. Assuming Amarth doesn't just loose it and stab him.

Love the underwater desolation, as usual, awesome episode!

Sign in to follow this