🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 22 — The Johnny’s Bananas Writers' Room

Ever wondered what it’s like to be in the writers' room for the FXX animated series Johnny’s Bananas starring Johnny “Drama” Chase & Andrew Dice Clay? Thanks to Rafflecast now you can hear the writing process behind Season 3 of Johnny’s Bananas with staff writers Jon Daly, Adam Pally, Gil Ozeri, Jake Fogelnest, Shelby Fero, creative consultant Joe Mande, and punch-up king Paul Scheer!

God damnit I love everything about this episode. Thank you Jon and everyone else, you guys are amazing.

The thing that I find hilarious about this episode, is that as much as LA people despise Entourage, they have seemingly watched almost every episode.

• Like 5

The thing that I find hilarious about this episode, is that as much as LA people despise Entourage, they have seemingly watched almost every episode.

I know right? They had some references to that show that went way over my head. I didn't know Turtle started a limo service. Is the title of this episode based on something that happened in the show as well? Was Johnny Drama on a cartoon with Andrew Dice Clay?

• Like 1

I have seen every episode of Entourage.

• Like 5

Agreed, I have seen every episode and for the last few seasons I was making fun of it the whole time. But that never got me to miss an episode

I have seen every episode of Entourage.

Walhberg thanks you. He uses the money from that show to buy more Muscle Milk and tank tops. Lots of tank tops.

Agreed, I have seen every episode and for the last few seasons I was making fun of it the whole time. But that never got me to miss an episode

I think it was a good show up until the "Medlin" plotline. I mean, it was like nothing ever phased the main character.

E: "Oh this big movie in you're in tanked. Probably means the end of you working for a long while, maybe ever."

Vinnie: "I'm going to hangout on a Mexican beach, man and just chill."

Oh fuck you, Vinnie. If you don't give a shit about what's going on, why the hell should I?

Oh, the funniest was when Shelby said she wrote the lines for the R.Z.A.? What is the R.Z.A.? I know of the RZA from the Wu-Tang clan. Maybe she was speaking of the Rhinestone Zootsuit Association?

They need to do a follow up with Dan Van Kirk coming in as Wahlberg giving them notes or at least they need to listen to some phone messages from Wahlberg.

Also this was the best thing ever.

• Like 1

Listening to this reminded me how much Entourage I have watched. It's a lot.

Would this still be funny if I know almost nothing about Entourage? I have downloaded this episode but am currently putting it in my queue. As much as I like the people involved it looked like it might be too heavy on inside jokes, and if they're just talking about Entourage, that makes me want to push it back even more.

I will probably get to it eventually, but right now it's a low priority, and reading everyone's description doesn't make me want to move it up.

• Like 1

I watched every episode!

The end was fucking crazy, cos at the start they were all broke and Vinny was a coke fiend or something, and then the last 5 minutes was "We're all millionaires! We're getting married! Ari is the president! Everything always works out!"

It was like a weird Twilight Zone ending.

...never listened before, this podcast is loud.

Would this still be funny if I know almost nothing about Entourage? I have downloaded this episode but am currently putting it in my queue. As much as I like the people involved it looked like it might be too heavy on inside jokes, and if they're just talking about Entourage, that makes me want to push it back even more.

I will probably get to it eventually, but right now it's a low priority, and reading everyone's description doesn't make me want to move it up.

It is Entourage heavy and maybe someone who has watched all 7 ( 8? ) seasons will get more of a kick out of it. My knowledge of Entourage is really limited ( I stopped watching around the third season) and I still found this funny. Everyone is name dropping like crazy and poor Gil, janitor-turned-writer, is lost.

Ever wondered what it’s like to be in the writers' room for the FXX animated series Johnny’s Bananas starring Johnny “Drama” Chase & Andrew Dice Clay? Thanks to Rafflecast now you can hear the writing process behind Season 3 of Johnny’s Bananas with staff writers Jon Daly, Adam Pally, Gil Ozeri, Jake Fogelnest, Shelby Fero, creative consultant Joe Mande, and punch-up king Paul Scheer!

I have never seen Entourage

• Like 3

I also really liked how they used 'Stard's band as the intro music. Keep rocking Brett.

• Like 1

Having never watched Entourage I only just figured out that this wasn't a legit writer's room or show. That being said, it was awesome.

I have never seen Entourage

I look forward to you continuing to do Earwolf podcasts about things you haven't seen.

Also, this episode is awesome. Such a great idea.

loved this! hate watched the shit out of Entourage and this podcast had me in hysterics!

Never seen Entourage, but I thought this absolutely genius. It was cool hearing Fogelnest in a sketch setting, I've only ever heard him on his own show.

• Like 1

I relistened to this today and it's just so goddamn funny. One of my favorite podcasts on all of Earwolf.

Listened again, loved it again. Might very well be my favorite thing. Please come back, Rafflecast.

Sign in to follow this