🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 142.5 — Sklarbro County 47

It’s a family affair as the always unique comedic duo Chris & David Walsh aka The Walsh Brothers join Randy & Jason on today’s episode of Sklarbro County! Chris and David Walsh tell us about their Comedy Central web-series “The Walsh Brothers’ Great & Secret Comedy Show,” Chris shares tales of doing karate as a kid on the 2nd floor of a church with a priest, and David recalls a story of having an affair with a crazy co-worker when he worked at a supermarket in Boston. Dan Van Kirk is also here and brings us crazy stories such as; a woman who was charged after “nipple twisting” a Boulder County cab driver, a man who calls state cops to report himself as a drunken driver, and a naked man who goes berserk & injures Orlando police officers after making Facebook threats. Plus, we hear a voice mail from a Coachella attending Bruce Jenner! Be sure to get your tickets to see Randy & Jason perform stand-up at The Ann Arbor Comedy Showcase on Friday, April 26 & Saturday April 27th & don’t miss another LIVE video podcast of Sklarbro Country this Thursday night at 6pm PST over at youtube.com/Earwolf!

I really wish DVK would stop talking over the Sklars and the weekly guests. It's gone from being annoying to obnoxious in recent weeks as he tries to shoehorn whatever jokes he wrote while compiling the news stories. It stops the flow of natural conversation and there's no reason why Kyle Kinane or whomever should be talking less than him.

I strongly believe that DVK is one of the main reasons County has been on such a great roll lately - the stories are amazing and allow for some great riffing. But I understand what you're saying, NellyDawg, he doesn't really seem to like to let the riffing get too out of hand and likes to keep it more structured. It's usually more fun when it's just free flowing.

Also, the Sklars are without a doubt, the most genuine comedians out there. Pure class. That Boston Bombing prologue was thoughtful and heart felt. Most everyone else wouldn't bother. For example, having Jen Kirkman (from Boston) on CBB, there was no mention of it. I'm not saying that to slight Scott, but it just shows how thoughtful the Sklars are.

My only real complaint about them is they hate dead air. Also, the podcast changed over time to a new podcast and isn't about sports anymore.

Also, the Sklars are without a doubt, the most genuine comedians out there. Pure class. That Boston Bombing prologue was thoughtful and heart felt. Most everyone else wouldn't bother. For example, having Jen Kirkman (from Boston) on CBB, there was no mention of it. I'm not saying that to slight Scott, but it just shows how thoughtful the Sklars are.

Didn't it sound like they recorded that on Monday? He said it was morning, so it would have been before (or even during) the explosions.

Didn't it sound like they recorded that on Monday? He said it was morning, so it would have been before (or even during) the explosions.

Kirkman was in New York Tuesday night so maybe a redeye but probably recorded a month ago.

Actually, I appreciate Dan's efforts to keep the guys and guest on track. I love the riff-alanches as much as the next Sklarbro Country citizen but if he didn't rein them in, these episodes would be as long as the original podcast and that's not the purpose of the "County" episodes. I don't mind when the stories aren't all sports-related, either. Some weeks, the 12:45 guy in the entourage actually does his job and keeps his buddy out of the headlines.

Huzzah for fellow Walshes (even though we're from different sides of the Eastern Seaboard)!

Sign in to follow this