🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 124 — Duke of Leon

DC Pierson talks long hair with Howard & Kulap on today’s Who Charted! They discuss Blue Man Group, EDM artists, and Jay-Z & Beyonce’s trip to Cuba during the Billboard Dance/Electric Digital Songs Chart. DC also talks biopics, comic book movies, and Howard counts down an impromptu bonus Country Music chart as they count down the Movie Chart. Plus, we hear about DC’s amazing high school improv group name with a game of Chart Piñata!

I don't think I had heard the Harlem Shake before they played on this episode, or didn't know it when I heard it. I sorta avoided it on purpose.

Been enjoying the level of discourse the guests have been bringing lately. Very erudite...

• Like 2

In Rainbows is Radioheads best album by far.

I've been becoming a fan of DC. And this is the first Who Charted I've heard in a while. I forgot how quick Howard can be. "Oh...and Blue Man Group."

Holy balls that 1994 song is so bad, hoping Wie likes it just for the novelty.

Other than that though Howard was great this episode. He has the normal charm of his just out there asides that are both insane but extremely on point. Love it. Maybe the weight of his standup album is off his shoulders and he can be himself again.

On the "EDM guys" tip - Some producers (like

and araabmuzik) have spurts of pretty solid dancing *and* play their beats live using ableton, synths and the like.

... and then there are other who just hope they look busy, it's true. Some are pretty good at it, and hey - it's a performance too!

• Like 1

I believe this completes it - DC had now been on every single podcast in the last two months. Dude knows how to promote!

Very fun episode this week!

I want DC to have his own podcast which just chronicles his appearances on other podcasts. it could be called DC'ing the World.

I'm a huge fan of his now.

Hmmm... looks like Howard is rocking some sort of ponytail. It's... interesting. Also, looks like the sponsor is a bong shop. I love it.

I'll listen to this tomorrow.

I want DC to have his own podcast which just chronicles his appearances on other podcasts. it could be called DC'ing the World.

You might be interested in a little show called "Podcrash"...

But seriously, Howard was on fucking fire here.

• Like 2

On the "EDM guys" tip - Some producers (like

and araabmuzik) have spurts of pretty solid dancing *and* play their beats live using ableton, synths and the like.

... and then there are other who just hope they look busy, it's true. Some are pretty good at it, and hey - it's a performance too!

They dance AND push buttons....whoa nelly, now that's what I call a show!

D.C.'s been great on other podcasts, and his energy was really perfect for Who Charted. This was a delightful episode.

• Like 1

Firstly, D.C. reminds me of a funnier Hardwick (sorry Nerdists, but Earwolf rules). His laugh delighted me to no end. Great guest.

Secondly, I listen to "Fake Plastic Trees," "Lucky," and "Idioteque" at least once a week. I'm going through the "Amnesiac" collectors edition right now. Radiohead is the only overrated group that is underrated by good people.

Howard's gotta stop with the Radiohead fan bashing!

I love the band, listen to them almost daily and think their recent albums are underrated if anything. Plus it seems people can't get over their good albums (The Bends) and appreciate the great ones (Kid A, Amnesiac).

Not that Howie has to like them, but stop saying people who like them don't actually "listen to them" or whatevah!

• Like 1

But seriously, Howard was on fucking fire here.

Howard's always on fucking fire. He riffed so well with DC, it was like a comedy duo act.

I'm not gonna lie, I avoided DC Pierson on other podcasts just because I didn't know who he was and I wasn't a huge fan of his look (judge not lest ye be judged, I know, I know).

I'm really sorry for that, DC - you are the fucking man! New fan here.

Also, Howard and KuKu killin em as always.

Sign in to follow this