🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×

I remember liking this movie as a kid but looking back it was pretty awful.

Dallas: Rank? Why ain't nobody got a rank in Megaforce. 'Cept the Commander, but we all call him Hunter.

• Like 2

Barry Bostwick as Ace Hunter, leader of a knock-off GI Joe military team!

Here is just a taste.

• Like 3

YES YES YES... Even when I saw this as a kid, I was blown away by its awfulness... and I liked "Spacehunter: Adventures in the Forbidden Zone."

I think there are a couple of suggestions for this. Can we merge them into one thread?

Guys, this movie has to happen!! In a fit of nostalgia, my buddy and I bought it on eBay, and it was one of the funniest things I've ever seen in my LIFE. It's near-“The Room”-level crazy.

The HDTGM cast is missing out on one of their favorite films (they just don't know it yet)!

"You love 'em in blue and you love them in red. But most of all you love them in blue."

"That's totally inapplicable to anything that's going on here. And it's dumb. Who told you that?"

"You did!"

"But it's very wise. Very wise."

One of the greatest moments in the history of dialogue. Thumb kiss to all the Megaforce fans out there.

2kewpz.jpg

I love that scene with the biker, but it should of had some cranky old guy on that plane saying,

"SURE TOOK YOU LONG ENOUGH!" after he gets the bike on the plane.

I think I've watched that clip about 10 times today, at least.

I still laugh my ass off each time.

• Like 1

Guys! Seriously, guys!

You guys! Seriously!

Megaforce

Seriously.

• Barry Bostwick as "Commander Ace Hunter"!
  • Michael Beck (from Xanadu, you guys!) as "Dallas," featuring the worst Texas accent in acting history!
  • The British guy from Knight Rider!
  • A flying motorcycle.
  • A flying motorcycle.
  • A.
  • Flying.
  • Motorcycle.

Seriously.

post-102530-0-73535500-1421424128_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

I came here specifically to request Megaforce. I guess I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks this would make a great episode.

I just recalled this film recently. I think it would be a fine choice for the crew. No ninjas, no lady exploitation (that I recall). Just feast your eyes on these gifs. They should help sell it as a great one for HDTGM.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

tumblr_nirfmbT3UI1qedb29o2_r1_500.gif

Lastly, these quotes from the star are amazing: 'Bostwick claimed the Pentagon "tried to stop the movie" by withholding 40 army tanks needed for the bigger battle sequences because the movie's strike force "was very close to covert CIA strike forces still in existence."

"You know what's good about this film?" Bostwick later reflected. "It's plausible. We need an international force like this to keep the peace. I wouldn't mind betting that one day there's a real Megaforce operating somewhere in the world."'

• Like 1

One more recommendation for MegaForce: My 12 year old self LOVED this movie - and it is completely insane.

• Like 1

On 7/1/2019 at 1:28 PM, SlidePocket said:

July 27 live!

Yeah, they are doing it at Just For Laughs in Montreal. I wish I could go, I would take my old VHS of Megaforce with me.

pretty sure they just start a war and commit war crimes in this film but they are still the good guys for some reason

On 7/22/2019 at 7:52 AM, MarcNado said:

pretty sure they just start a war and commit war crimes in this film but they are still the good guys for some reason

It's all on the wheel, old chum!

• Like 1