🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 32 — Pedro and Man meet Jake

Comedy rockstar legends Cheech & Chong sit down to chat about their entire career with Jake on this week’s edition of THE FOGELNEST FILES! They discuss Tommy Chong being let go from Bobby Taylor and The Vancouvers, how T-Bone Walker inspired Blind Melon Chitlin, and waiting in line all day to get stage time at The Troubadour. Cheech & Chong also explain how “Dave” was originally suppose to be a different bit, what lead to George Harrison, Carole King & many others recording with them, and their extensive film career including the upcoming Cheech & Chong’s Animated Movie. Be sure to leave a review for your favorite Cheech & Chong album in “The Fogelnest Files” section on iTunes. If you’re in Los Angeles, come to a LIVE taping of THE FOGELNEST FILES with Rob Corddry on Thursday, April 25th at the Upright Citizens Brigade Theatre! Get tickets at www.ucbtheatre.com

Where's the picture Jake tweeted yesterday with the three really old guys?

I'm having an odd day. Cheech & Chong have had relatively little impact on my life. By random chance, I listened to an old 'Best Show' this morning while working where Tom Scharpling spent like 20 mocking Chong's autobiography. Then, I go to download the Fogelnest Files and see that the guests are... Cheech & Chong.

Weird...

• Like 1

I'm having an odd day. Cheech & Chong have had relatively little impact on my life. By random chance, I listened to an old 'Best Show' this morning while working where Tom Scharpling spent like 20 mocking Chong's autobiography. Then, I go to download the Fogelnest Files and see that the guests are... Cheech & Chong.

Weird...

You're seeing them everywhere because 4/20 is coming up. Cheech and Chong are the primo potheads of the nation.

I agree that "Earache My Eye", by Alice Bowie, is one of the greatest guitar riffs EVER.

I remember that Nardwuar got some interesting info out of Tommy about his pre-Cheech&Chong music years ... of course, Nardwuar 's questions were obsessively focused on Canadian content.

Jake, do you think you could get Nardwuar on the Files? That'd be straight-up nuts.

• Like 1

Jake, do you think you could get Nardwuar on the Files? That'd be straight-up nuts.

Yes! Tried to have him on the live SXSW show but our schedules didn't match up! As soon he comes to LA or I end up in Canada, I will have Nardwuar on the show.

Doot Doola Doot Doo...

• Like 3

Jake, I want to put my iTunes review here for the show:

*ahem*

FUCKING EPIC

That is all.

Seriously, that was 66 minutes of pure comedy legend awesomeness.

I don't think I can properly sum up my feelings about how awesome this episode was. I just sat with a stupid dreamy grin for an hour. It was amazing.

I have had massive crushes on cheech and chong for most of my life

chong2.jpg

seriously. look at those buff hunky dudes.

thank you for this fantastic episode Jake.

• Like 1

This was so good , I loved the Cheech and Chong movies in Jr High / High School and didn't really know how this interview would go , I wish it could have been 3 hours. I'd love if there could be a follow up episode at some point.

Also as a Canadian born in the 80's my mind would be blown if Nardwuar was on this show.

Jake was the perfect guy to interview them with his extreme reverence for the days of yesteryear and nostalgia. it was quite a treat to listen to this wonderful episode.

This reminds of Jake's CBB appearance where he was so giddy he could hardly contain it.

Sign in to follow this