🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 77 — There, There My Bear Bear

Put down your bear poles and enjoy some great sound & movement scenes on today’s improv4humans! Zach Woods, Charlie Sanders, and Colton Dunn join Matt Besser to break down Brad Paisley’s “Accidental Racist,” challenge the matrix, and help Zach apologize to rapper Asher Roth. Make sure to pick up an improv4humans shirt from the Earwolf Store and follow @MattBesser on Twitter to send in your improv suggestions. Music by Bobby Matthews and Dragoon. You can also now get Matt Besser’s new comedy album “Woo Pig Sooie: Comedy for Atheists” at mattbesser.com!

If it helps get Jeff off your back, I listened to this before the surprise episode of CBB released today.

I really liked that first part where you did the improv4humans sketch. Very meta.

When he said he was skinning a bear I thought for sure he was going to say he layed the skin out on a rock. And thats why he voted for Bear Rock Obama.

• Like 2

COLTON DUNN. This guy is a riot. The first time I heard of him was here, and he is hilarious on Parks and Rec with Harris.

• Like 4

If it helps get Jeff off your back, I listened to this before the surprise episode of CBB released today.

I really liked that first part where you did the improv4humans sketch. Very meta.

As did I. I'm sure Matt was probably exaggerating, but I share this podcast with everyone I meet that likes comedy. CBB has been around a lot longer and has been able to gain a big following because of that. My life would have a pretty huge hole in it were i4h to be taken away.

Also, I let the dogs out.

• Like 1

I wonder if Brad Paisley knows that West Virginia split from Virginia and joined the union or that the confederate flag used today was the battle flag not one of the many other flag the CSA used.

I keep imagining an industry meeting where a country music producer suggests LL Cool J as a relevant voice of modern hip hop, probably after Will Smith and Humpty Hump didn't return their calls.

Matt's reaction to the Radiolab guy defining improv.. the old adage "Don't believe everything you read" in modern context is "Don't believe everything you experience". People are totally bombarded with information from everywhere nowadays, in endless different mediums and from so many sources with different agendas, it is hard to know what's what if you're not an expert in the contextual subject matter. Modern technology has made it equally possible to spread information and misinformation faster and farther than ever before. I like this new segment idea a lot.

• Like 1

Wait, is i4h on the chopping block?!

I would be devastated.

I implore people to listen to this podcast if they like CBB or other comedy podcasts; I love it so much.

• Like 1

BEST. EPISODE. EVER.

God, I loved Zach getting constantly thrown under the bus.

• Like 4

I really hope that the numbers thing isn't true I love improv4humans. Will it help if I listen to all the episodes again? I will be doing that anyway but I could do it again after that if it does help.

That caught me kind of off guard. I'm pretty bummed out about this.

Ok, I downloaded iTunes specifically to rate/review this show, as well as my other all time fave, the reality SHOW show. Like many others, this is my Thursday go-to, and I would be super sad to see it go. Don't worry, my review didn't undermine the integrity of this show. I specifically noted that it isn't for the main stream and mainly focuses on sound and imaginary movement based improv.

Jokes aside, I wonder if a way to bring in more outside listeners, who may not be aware of how "normal" improv has evolved since the 90's, would be to have a special, maybe once a month, celebrity monologist? People could tweet questions for them and they could tell stories that fans may not regularly get to hear. Then they could promote the show through their twitter, which would hopefully attract a much broader audience.

Aahh I think I asked my question about Zach and Veep after this was recorded, but I wish I could get an answer! I want to take off my tinfoil tv-casting conspiracy hat. It's so sad when he doesn't have plugs; he should seriously be famous already!

• Like 1

If I4H gets cancelled it's Matt's own fault. Nobody insults the Mississippi podcast demographic and just walks away.

But seriously I think he was just screwing around and then threw in the Glengarry Glen Ross dramatics for kicks. I hope.

• Like 2

This show better not go anywhere! I really hope Matt was kidding. It's got to have more downloads than some of the less frequent podcasts on this network right?

I have gotten several of my friends and my sister into this show but none of them are as into podcasting as I am so they dont keep up with every episode. I will be downloading these episodes on multiple computers around the campus I work on. I'm also close to having some money for another studio gift. Anyone have a bot-net they could get to download these files from the cloud over and over?

• Like 1

This episode was pretty great. Loved the opening sketches - as others have said on this forum before, it's pretty much guaranteed to be funny when comedians impersonate other comedians. And "I'm not Sean Conroy, I'm Jay-Z!" reveal killed me.

I'm sure Matt was joking about getting chewed out for poor numbers. I seriously doubt that happens, and if it does, it wouldn't be explicitly discussed on the show.

What's sound & motion and why is it bad?

Edit: I figured it out after some Googling. Apparently, it's a form of improv when people play random tracks from David Bowie's Greatest Hits and create scenes from the lyrics. It seems really limiting, so I see why Matt doesn't like it.

I don't know if matt was joking or not about jeff/ratings.

BUT—Earwolf really needs to fix their website if they want other shows to get discovered.

Smaller, weekly shows are immediately pushed off the homepage by twice a week shows.

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this