Jump to content


Episode 214 — You Have To Take Action


35 replies to this topic

#1 Earwolf Admin

    Administrator

  • Administrators
  • 1,202 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 11:03 PM

Comedian and author Jen Kirkman explains why she’s never been on the show on today’s b-b-b-bonus episode of Comedy Bang Bang! Jen talks about her new book I Can Barely Take Care of Myself, her fear of finding a dead body, and shares an embarrassing story that occurred during Morrissey’s Hollywood High show. Then activist Karen Porter stops by to motivate us to take action and to join Jen in their first game of Would You Rather!

#2 VampiresVampiresVampires

    Poet Laureate of the West

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 301 posts
  • LocationLand Virginnie

Posted 18 April 2013 - 12:12 AM

God, the pitch and tone of those of those women's voices really get underneath my skin.


They make me super horny. You know what I mean? You know what I'm sayin'? What else, what else, what else.

#3 Kevin Irmiter

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 12:29 AM

HOLY CRAP. In addition to a B-B-B-BONUS-S-S-S episode of CBB with two awesome guests, we also have 2 episodes featuring guests that rarely do podcasts (O'Brien, Cheech & Chong). Plus a great lineup in I4H, and even Yo! Is This Racist looks like it covers a fairly fresh topic. Could this be the best day in Earwolf history ever?

P.S. Hey VampiresVampiresVampires, I think you need to go dig yourself a hole in the ground, and quick.

#4 VampiresVampiresVampires

    Poet Laureate of the West

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 301 posts
  • LocationLand Virginnie

Posted 18 April 2013 - 01:38 AM

View PostKevin Irmiter, on 18 April 2013 - 12:29 AM, said:

HOLY CRAP. In addition to a B-B-B-BONUS-S-S-S episode of CBB with two awesome guests, we also have 2 episodes featuring guests that rarely do podcasts (O'Brien, Cheech & Chong). Plus a great lineup in I4H, and even Yo! Is This Racist looks like it covers a fairly fresh topic. Could this be the best day in Earwolf history ever?

P.S. Hey VampiresVampiresVampires, I think you need to go dig yourself a hole in the ground, and quick.

Joke based on Pam Murphy's previous appearances. I think she's super talented, and I'm fed up with people hating on her. I don't mind digging a hole, though. It gets me closer to China.

#5 Syme

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 18 April 2013 - 02:18 AM

We should probably also talk about how attractive we think Jen and Pamela are, rather than their comedy.

#6 VampiresVampiresVampires

    Poet Laureate of the West

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 301 posts
  • LocationLand Virginnie

Posted 18 April 2013 - 03:47 AM

View PostSyme, on 18 April 2013 - 02:18 AM, said:

We should probably also talk about how attractive we think Jen and Pamela are, rather than their comedy.

What? No. Their talent is super-human. Listen to Jen, the Southie on the Pod F Thompkast, and Ms. Murphy on I4H. They are comic geniuses, no matter their superficial strengths.

What is happening here? This is a great episode with strong people; strong women, and I'm proud of it.

#7 johnnyhaggis

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 04:01 AM

YAAY! I haven't listened to this yet, and haven't finished last episode yet, but I always LOVE it when I wake up Thursday morning and there's a B-B-B-BONUS EPISODE waiting for me to enjoy!!

And even though it's silly and everyone else does it too, I almost equally love saying (and writing) b-b-b-b-bonus!!!

And I love Jen Kirkman, so it's goona be a good one!

#8 MattCameron

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 313 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 18 April 2013 - 05:58 AM

View PostVampiresVampiresVampires, on 18 April 2013 - 01:38 AM, said:


Joke based on Pam Murphy's previous appearances. I think she's super talented, and I'm fed up with people hating on her. I don't mind digging a hole, though. It gets me closer to China.


Glad to see her back. That last debate has haunted me for months.

#9 bigicecream

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 18 April 2013 - 06:54 AM

I love women. Especially funny women. And these women are funny. Ergo, I love these women.

Does anyone agree that Scott seems to have an even better rapport with female comedians? He was on fire this episode. Is it because his game is so tight?

#10 Bruce Reid Robinson II

    No good, two-bit, hippy womanizer

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,238 posts
  • LocationAny farm in Oregon

Posted 18 April 2013 - 07:07 AM

View Postbigicecream, on 18 April 2013 - 06:54 AM, said:

I love women. Especially funny women. And these women are funny. Ergo, I love these women.

Does anyone agree that Scott seems to have an even better rapport with female comedians? He was on fire this episode. Is it because his game is so tight?


Scott has been on fire all of this year in my opinion. I think it was Hot-Slunch who said something about it last week too.

Don't know if I agree that he is better with the female guests as opposed to male guests, I feel like his game is air-tight all around. I wish Scott weren't so busy being creative and cool and shit, making tv shows and running podcast networks. Maybe after they finish filming the CBB season 2 Scott will guest on some more podcasts to show off his skillz.

#11 mwn

    problem

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 219 posts
  • LocationNH

Posted 18 April 2013 - 07:25 AM

I'm calling 1-800-LIME-GUY like nobody's business

#12 Syme

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 18 April 2013 - 08:35 AM

View PostVampiresVampiresVampires, on 18 April 2013 - 03:47 AM, said:

What? No. Their talent is super-human. Listen to Jen, the Southie on the Pod F Thompkast, and Ms. Murphy on I4H. They are comic geniuses, no matter their superficial strengths.

What is happening here? This is a great episode with strong people; strong women, and I'm proud of it.


?

Apparently my sarcasm wasn't obvious enough.

#13 VampiresVampiresVampires

    Poet Laureate of the West

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 301 posts
  • LocationLand Virginnie

Posted 18 April 2013 - 08:53 AM

View PostSyme, on 18 April 2013 - 08:35 AM, said:


?

Apparently my sarcasm wasn't obvious enough.

Sorry. Both of them and The Choctaw are super hot, though.

#14 gregm5s7

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 09:40 AM

I wonder if "Enlightened" was part of her inspiration for this character, haha I like it

#15 MattCameron

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 313 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 18 April 2013 - 10:10 AM

I really enjoyed this appearance by both Jen and Pam. I know a bunch of people that fit the hypocrite activist role. Really funny stuff.

#16 daveB from Oakland

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 11:39 AM

I'm listening to the beginning of the show ... I can relate to what Jen's saying, in that there will probably be a significant time lapse between my passing from this mortal coil, and the eventual discovery of my body. I could see that happening for me as well.

So THANKS FOR THE LAFFS, GUYS!!!
Chop off the "En", Chop off the "In"

Stop in!!

Glish Muff!!

#17 Kevin Irmiter

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 12:07 PM

View PostVampiresVampiresVampires, on 18 April 2013 - 01:38 AM, said:

Joke based on Pam Murphy's previous appearances. I think she's super talented, and I'm fed up with people hating on her. I don't mind digging a hole, though. It gets me closer to China.


I got your joke, man. But apparently no one got mine.

#18 justinmh05

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 12:12 PM

Hollywood days, y'all!

#19 justinmh05

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 12:47 PM

Seinfeld comma Jerry is one of my favorite comics too, Scott!

#20 Mathey

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 01:02 PM

Southie in the Houthie!

Jen's discussion of dying alone reminded me of the documentary "Dreams of a Life". Check it out if you want a laugh*.





* not really that funny