🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
admin

Episode 214 — You Have To Take Action

Comedian and author Jen Kirkman explains why she’s never been on the show on today’s b-b-b-bonus episode of Comedy Bang Bang! Jen talks about her new book I Can Barely Take Care of Myself, her fear of finding a dead body, and shares an embarrassing story that occurred during Morrissey’s Hollywood High show. Then activist Karen Porter stops by to motivate us to take action and to join Jen in their first game of Would You Rather!

God, the pitch and tone of those of those women's voices really get underneath my skin.

They make me super horny. You know what I mean? You know what I'm sayin'? What else, what else, what else.

• Like 5

HOLY CRAP. In addition to a B-B-B-BONUS-S-S-S episode of CBB with two awesome guests, we also have 2 episodes featuring guests that rarely do podcasts (O'Brien, Cheech & Chong). Plus a great lineup in I4H, and even Yo! Is This Racist looks like it covers a fairly fresh topic. Could this be the best day in Earwolf history ever?

P.S. Hey VampiresVampiresVampires, I think you need to go dig yourself a hole in the ground, and quick.

HOLY CRAP. In addition to a B-B-B-BONUS-S-S-S episode of CBB with two awesome guests, we also have 2 episodes featuring guests that rarely do podcasts (O'Brien, Cheech & Chong). Plus a great lineup in I4H, and even Yo! Is This Racist looks like it covers a fairly fresh topic. Could this be the best day in Earwolf history ever?

P.S. Hey VampiresVampiresVampires, I think you need to go dig yourself a hole in the ground, and quick.

Joke based on Pam Murphy's previous appearances. I think she's super talented, and I'm fed up with people hating on her. I don't mind digging a hole, though. It gets me closer to China.

• Like 3

We should probably also talk about how attractive we think Jen and Pamela are, rather than their comedy.

• Like 3

We should probably also talk about how attractive we think Jen and Pamela are, rather than their comedy.

What? No. Their talent is super-human. Listen to Jen, the Southie on the Pod F Thompkast, and Ms. Murphy on I4H. They are comic geniuses, no matter their superficial strengths.

What is happening here? This is a great episode with strong people; strong women, and I'm proud of it.

• Like 1

YAAY! I haven't listened to this yet, and haven't finished last episode yet, but I always LOVE it when I wake up Thursday morning and there's a B-B-B-BONUS EPISODE waiting for me to enjoy!!

And even though it's silly and everyone else does it too, I almost equally love saying (and writing) b-b-b-b-bonus!!!

And I love Jen Kirkman, so it's goona be a good one!

Joke based on Pam Murphy's previous appearances. I think she's super talented, and I'm fed up with people hating on her. I don't mind digging a hole, though. It gets me closer to China.

Glad to see her back. That last debate has haunted me for months.

I love women. Especially funny women. And these women are funny. Ergo, I love these women.

Does anyone agree that Scott seems to have an even better rapport with female comedians? He was on fire this episode. Is it because his game is so tight?

I love women. Especially funny women. And these women are funny. Ergo, I love these women.

Does anyone agree that Scott seems to have an even better rapport with female comedians? He was on fire this episode. Is it because his game is so tight?

Scott has been on fire all of this year in my opinion. I think it was Hot-Slunch who said something about it last week too.

Don't know if I agree that he is better with the female guests as opposed to male guests, I feel like his game is air-tight all around. I wish Scott weren't so busy being creative and cool and shit, making tv shows and running podcast networks. Maybe after they finish filming the CBB season 2 Scott will guest on some more podcasts to show off his skillz.

• Like 3

I'm calling 1-800-LIME-GUY like nobody's business

What? No. Their talent is super-human. Listen to Jen, the Southie on the Pod F Thompkast, and Ms. Murphy on I4H. They are comic geniuses, no matter their superficial strengths.

What is happening here? This is a great episode with strong people; strong women, and I'm proud of it.

?

Apparently my sarcasm wasn't obvious enough.

• Like 3

I wonder if "Enlightened" was part of her inspiration for this character, haha I like it

I really enjoyed this appearance by both Jen and Pam. I know a bunch of people that fit the hypocrite activist role. Really funny stuff.

I'm listening to the beginning of the show ... I can relate to what Jen's saying, in that there will probably be a significant time lapse between my passing from this mortal coil, and the eventual discovery of my body. I could see that happening for me as well.

So THANKS FOR THE LAFFS, GUYS!!!

I got your joke, man. But apparently no one got mine.

• Like 1

Southie in the Houthie!

Jen's discussion of dying alone reminded me of the documentary "Dreams of a Life". Check it out if you want a laugh*.

* not really that funny

"Oscar Petraeus" made me laugh harder than it should have. Don't feel bad Scott, it's easy to mix up your scandals.

Jen is the best and she needs to come back to CBB 50 more times. Once in 200+ episodes is just unacceptable.

• Like 1

What is with Jen trying to give books to iconic English singers, first throwing The Stranger by Albert Camus at Robert Smith, and now this book about Oscar Wilde and Moz. I see a dangerous pattern emerging.

"Oscar Petraeus" made me laugh harder than it should have. Don't feel bad Scott, it's easy to mix up your scandals.

It felt like a perfect unintentional planting of seeds for a future character (double amputee general who slept with his biographer and then killed her).

Pam's character was funny, but I kept expecting her to take a turn beyond the main point. I did love it when she mentioned her scenario boyfriend "Scott" a bunch of times, then she said something about getting off scot-free, and the Choctaw said "Stop saying my name!"

• Like 4

Pretty solid episode! Fell flat at some points for me but overall some great laughs. I love Jen Kirkman and hope to see more of her soon and Murphy also had me chuckling when she kept mentioning Scott during WYR. Good week for CBB!