🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 8 — Conan O'Brien

Conan O’Brien and Jeff have been pals since their days of rooming together in Chicago. Conan shares memories of being woken up by Jeff at 2 am to do something that amused him earlier that day, hosting a talk show called “Wild Blue Yonder” as George Takei in their living room, and intentionally being a terrible improviser while he performed as Spooneye the Pirate during The Happy Happy Good Show. He also tells us when it’s apparent that guests on his show haven’t been out of their bubble, how chasing the perfect show helps him to keep going, and the time he invited John Candy to the Harvard Lampoon.

• Like 3

Today is Conan's birthday too! I'm a huge Conan fan so I'm excited to listen.

Today is Conan's birthday too! I'm a huge Conan fan so I'm excited to listen.

Your avatar says otherwise.

EDIT: Well I guess I should say something about the episode too: Was pretty good, hard to tell if Conan was being serious sometimes or not.

Any chance Jeff would hand over a few of those pictures he takes every interview?

• Like 2

Jeff, your podcast is so good it makes me hate my own.

You are always getting the best people on, which leads me to say: "How the fuck did he get______!?" and then I think, "Well I'd say that if Jeff Garlin was the guest too, so....."

I would eat cheese with you in a non-romantic way any day of the week.

Terrific episode, I could listen to Conan talk all day. He's the ideal combination of erudite and just fucking hilarious.

• Like 1

Terrific episode, I could listen to Conan talk all day. He's the ideal combination of erudite and just fucking hilarious.

My thoughts exactly. Such a fascinating guy. This is the third long-form thing I've seen/heard him in this week (after panels he moderated on The Simpsons and Breaking Bad), and he's great in all of them.

This episode was amazing. I did, however, feel that the cynicism conversation got a little bit pessimistic, oddly enough. Or am I just that cynical? :)

Sign in to follow this