🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
tambora

Brain Smasher... A Love Story (1993)

An American classic. Ed "Brain Smasher" Molloy (Andrew "Dice" Clay) is a bouncer who must help a beautiful model (Teri Hatcher) protect a magic flower, which is being sought by a group of Shaolin monks who are NOT NINJAS! Also, the NOT NINJAS have kidnapped Teri Hatcher's hippie sister, I think.

I watched this movie repeatedly when I was 13-ish, because Teri Hatcher was hot and this movie was on either HBO or Cinemax all the goddamn time, so the coherent plot escapes me.

This movie is very bad, but just strange enough to be interesting. Dice is playing himself playing a bouncer who acts just like Andrew "Dice" Clay, so there's an indignant desperation to his performance that people who remember when Dice was really popular will find hilarious or sad.

As a cheesy 90's action movie, the fight scenes aren't terrible (as far as cheesy 90's action movies go), and there are some genuinely funny bits, so I think the HDTGM crew could very well enjoy this movie in all its stupid, stupid glory.

Come on, this movie has to be reviewed. Nothing's worse than this classic starring Andrew Dice Clay, Teri Hatcher, and the chick from The Warriors.

Sign in to follow this