🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 102 — Nerds

Nerds looking for sanctuary look no further than today’s Professor Blastoff! David apologizes for trash talking midwives and then the hosts talk about fear in a world where wild animals now rarely kill us. Then the high priestess of nerdom, Jackie Kashian, comes to the show. They break down the categorical differences between geeks, nerds, geeks, and dweebs. Then they reveal their own obsessive nerdy pursuits and decide if everyone’s a nerd in this modern world. Plus talk about Happy Days, iguanas, and trying to complete your super hero themed cups collection. It’s fun for everyone and who dare challenge the nerd authority of Jackie Kashian?

I adore Jackie. I think the lovely Brian Posehn would have been perfect for this episode too. He is the definition of nerdery. He collects The Simpsons figures and comic books. Please get him in the hatch some day.

Thanks, Kyle for reminding me that I'm 73% water. I look forward to watching your written skits for the Amy Schumer show.

• Like 2

Oh, this is great! These podcasters are kindred spirits. When I first heard of Professor Blastoff way back when, I was immediately reminded of Dork Forest; yay!

Totes one of my favorites! Jackie is great! You were all great. Kyles song made me lol. There was one time though when Kyle said "that would be good in a rap." But I took it to mean "wrap" at first, thinking he was going to try to market a bacon ranch iguana wrap.

OMG please do a Horsie episode.

The punter Jackie was talking about is Chris Kluwe. His twitter handle is @ChrisWarcraft. He posts on r/NFL a bunch too.

well it's about damn time a comedy podcast talked about the subject of Nerds.

Ha, yeah, I was glad when the topic shifted more towards nerdy stuff they've each done, because the definition/classification discussion is incredibly played out and ultimately pretty pointless.

Still a really fun episode overall. Anytime we get new tales of embarrassment from Kyle's childhood, it's a guaranteed hit.

Iguana gonna wanna get drunk in tijuana.

Iguana gonna wanna grow a little fauna, and call it marijuana

Igunna gonna wanna make friends with a piranha, her(his) name is Ivanna.

She's(he's) cute, but she's(he's) kind of a prima donna.

Iguana gonna wanna order chimichanga at the benihana's.

Iguana gonna wanna sit in the sauna, think about life and then reach nirvana.

I've never been so unsure of who/what was speaking when David did that Ferris Bueller lady's voice; that blew my mind.

Also Aaron, for you i joke, i=sqrt(-1), not sqrt(-x).

I've never been so unsure of who/what was speaking when David did that Ferris Bueller lady's voice; that blew my mind.

Oh yeah, that was great. I can't believe no one got the reference.

I think Aaron's joke still works because the square root of any negative number is imaginary, even if it's some multiple of i rather than strictly i.

Also Aaron, for you i joke, i=sqrt(-1), not sqrt(-x).

That is the definition of i, but the square root of any negative number is an imaginary number, so sqrt(-x) is still imaginary.

You guys are correct. So Aaron should for completeness add 'for x less than 0' at the end; which has the potential to either ruin the cadence of the joke or help it due to the added nerdiness.

The Name of the Wind! Great book, very recommended for those folks who "hate fantasy, except Game of Thrones".

It's pretty much "The Han Solo of a fantasy world goes to Hogwarts."

You guys are correct. So Aaron should for completeness add 'for x less than 0' at the end; which has the potential to either ruin the cadence of the joke or help it due to the added nerdiness.

Bonus points if he morphs his voice into the Conan O'Brien nerd caricature voice at that part.

Sign in to follow this