🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
RobotsPJs

The Infamous D&D Religious Tract

Sorry if this has been covered (and I hope this isn't counted as spam), but if you're not familar with the works of Jack Chick you're really missing out. Dude is a super crazy religious zelot and he makes all these religious tracts that are simply hilarious.

Anyway, awhile back I broke down perhaps his most famous tract, "Dark Dungeons" which shows you the evils of D&D. I figured you fine folks would enjoy it.

0046_05.gif

http://www.therobotspajamas.com/dd-kills-with-the-help-of-satan/

• Like 2

I wish D&D led to something as interesting as being invited to join a witches coven. I've been trying to get the attention of those stuck up bitches for years.

• Like 4

Hah yeah loved that one, carried it around in the pocket of my shirt for like a year back in high school.

• Like 1

I wish D&D led to something as interesting as being invited to join a witches coven. I've been trying to get the attention of those stuck up bitches for years.

Yeah, that's how I feel. When I first started playing, I was totally hoping I'd get magic powers. What good is being ultra religious? No drinking, dancing, sex, etc. With D&D witchcraft you get super powers!

• Like 1

all i know is ive been throwing bat sh*t around for 12 years, never been able to shoot a fireball.......

But i have sucsessfully cast Cat's Grace, Bull's Strength on myself.... the spell is call "Bottle of Jim Beam"

It makes me Super strong and corrdinated.

And a godo spellr

• Like 1

They need extras for the movie Seattle-ites!

"Dark Dungeons the Movie needs extras. Below are the dates and types of extras we need:

Game Room party - Tue Dec 17 (only if you look college age or a tiny bit older)

Classroom - Thu Dec 19 (only if you look college age or a tiny bit older)

Church - Sat Dec 21 - anyone and everyone!

Now in the church scene we will be taking everyone and anyone who wants to take part (although you do have to dress appropriately, like you are going to church) but for the Game and Classroom scenes we need people who look like the are college age, so if you don't then I hope you can be a Church extra.

If you are interested in being an extra please send me an e-mail at jrralls@gmail.com and we'll work out the details.

Filming is taking place in the greater Seattle area.

Thanks!

RPGs are Evil - Dark Dungeons: The Movie!"

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/jrralls/rpgs-are-evil-dark-dungeons-the-movie

• Like 1

Shit like this is pretty common. I've had to explain to some co-workers in the past that we aren't practicing any dark arts. We drink Mountain Dew and throw dice around. I bet if someone released a biblical based version of DnD where spells are prayers or some dumb shit like that, they wouldn't have a damn thing to say about it.

• Like 2

Shit like this is pretty common. I've had to explain to some co-workers in the past that we aren't practicing any dark arts. We drink Mountain Dew and throw dice around. I bet if someone released a biblical based version of DnD where spells are prayers or some dumb shit like that, they wouldn't have a damn thing to say about it.

Wow... I wonder if that's been tried. It might be a big seller. Like Uno was the card game for Baptists who can't play cards, but because you don't use regular playing cards they can play Uno!

Dude, my brother did crew-work for that!

Dude, my brother did crew-work for that!

I'm a backer. Tell him he's welcome.

They did make one, back in the late 1980s. I remember Ned's kids reference it on The Simpsons.

It was pretty awful. You got exp for not killing, etc, and spells were limited to miracles of the Bible.

I never played because it sounded stupid, even as a former D&D player. It was like offering an O'Douls to a reformed alcoholic...why drink horse piss if it won't get you drunk?

They did make one, back in the late 1980s. I remember Ned's kids reference it on The Simpsons.

It was pretty awful. You got exp for not killing, etc, and spells were limited to miracles of the Bible.

I never played because it sounded stupid, even as a former D&D player. It was like offering an O'Douls to a reformed alcoholic...why drink horse piss if it won't get you drunk?

Was it DragonRaid? According to this article, it's not a bad game (and there were a lot of bad D&D knockoffs at the time.) The magic system certainly sounds interesting. There's a download link if you want to look at it yourself.

Sign in to follow this