🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
GiantRobotSexMonster

Ax 'Em (1992)

..an extremely low-budget slasher movie called Axe'Em. It was made in 1992 by the son of the head of the NAACP, and it is atrocious. It may be too low budget and too obscure for the podcast, but if you are looking for one of the absolute worst movies ever to be distributed, you can't go wrong with Ax'Em.

A bit of trivia: Despite the name of the movie, no one actually kills anyone with an axe.

A website I used to frequent used to use Amazon reviews to advertise products. This movie had one of the more amazing ones (only showing the bit used in the ad):

This is the greatest film of all time. Yimou, Kurosawa, Hawks, Ford, Bunuel have nothing on The Maestro who reached up straight into Heaven and pulled down this wonderful bundle of unicorn kisses.

Boldly adding misspelled words to the opening credits he defies you to understand his unattainable cinematic genius. No lighting, horrible sound and a $3 camera he's rebelling against the big budget studios. Using a cast on non-actors who all talk at the same time he is breaking loose of the shackles of coherency.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Suddenly remembered this "gem" from this must-read write-up of it on I-Mockery. Took me a minute to find it because it's actually spelled "Ax."

Other highlights not mentioned in this forum yet:

-Intro slates have Awkward incorrect Capitalization usually not seen Outside of Twitter.
-The title screen is a generic lower-third graphic with the title in "quotation marks."
-Gun sound effect waaayyy out of sync with the shotgun going off.
-A short scene is actually played twice. No, not in any way on purpose.
-The timecode is actually on the screen for one shot.

There might be some availability issues for this one. Amazon has exactly three copies, and the sites that claimed to be streaming it looked like trojans. One even set off my broswer's alerts.

This one does raise the question of "is there a movie too low-budget for this podcast?" This one feels like the dumbest kid at your high school made it and just didn't care at some points.

Sign in to follow this