🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 79 — Psychedelic Sign Twirling

If you have the same ads in both the video and audio versions is it really a big deal for people to just watch instead of listen? The delay is really pretty frustrating.

• Like 1

Nobody really likes it but when we release it all at the same time, the watches/listens cannibalize each other. I think that's the reason. Just to think, we didn't even have video a few months ago. I'm glad you guys want more and more.

Thanks for your reply. I understand. Sucking on the Intertubez tits makes us all overly avaricious...It exists therefore I want...Y'all do a great job with the vids so keep 'em coming even if delayed...

Nobody really likes it but when we release it all at the same time, the watches/listens cannibalize each other. I think that's the reason. Just to think, we didn't even have video a few months ago. I'm glad you guys want more and more.

The only problem I have is that I've found that when the podcast is being videoed the hosts tend to make more visual references and the like so I've become paranoid about listening to my favourites in case that happens and just wait for the video.

It's not the end of the world or anything though, I can wait... I'm sure I can wait...

I dunno. I understand the rationale for the delay I guess, but the level of frustration it brings is pretty high for me. To be honest, initially it made me wonder if people were just fucking up the video or something, so I guess I feel a little better about it knowing its intentional. But the length of the delay and the fact that no real timeline for release seems to be given, does make it all quite frustrating. Some transparency on that might help I think.

Also for me, and maybe other iTunes subscribers, the podcasts are going to be downloaded no matter what, so its not an issue of choosing one over the other if that is a consideration.

I dunno. I understand the rationale for the delay I guess, but the level of frustration it brings is pretty high for me. To be honest, initially it made me wonder if people were just fucking up the video or something, so I guess I feel a little better about it knowing its intentional. But the length of the delay and the fact that no real timeline for release seems to be given, does make it all quite frustrating. Some transparency on that might help I think.

Also for me, and maybe other iTunes subscribers, the podcasts are going to be downloaded no matter what, so its not an issue of choosing one over the other if that is a consideration.

Well I can tell you any decisions being made in reference to downloads are based on more precise internal numbers that we have. But don't quote me on that rationale, I think that's at least partly what's behind it but there might be other more important reasons. I'm not in on those talks. The VPN people are extremely fast and professional though, so it's definitely not due to any fuck-ups on anyone's part. Keep in mind it's tough to schedule releases for all of these shows with only 5 business days a week and trying to give each show the window it deserves to get as much attention as possible. Now we're juggling different formats in the equation too. Everybody's time is short, including our listeners, all of the decisions of drop-dates are always about what makes sense for everyone, and it's never easy.

• Like 3

Thanks Brett. Definitely not accusing anyone of being unprofessional, it was just a matter of there often being a disparity between (at least at this relatively early stage) when the drop-dates actually happen and when maybe the audience expects the drop-date to be. I think if they true expectation is a week+ turnaround then people will be less itchy. That being said, just the feedback here has made a difference.

the video is here now!!!

That was worth the long wait. The 10 day wait at least gives me more incentive to show up live to the VPN event.

Sign in to follow this