🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Shannon

HDTGM Voting Site is HERE - For Your Inconsideration

KAZAAM IS LEADING THIS POLL IN VOTES. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, DON'T PASS IT UP. PLEASE. It's a bad movie worth HDTGM time. It's bad in outrageous ways, has Shaq, plenty of worthwile material for the podcast, etc. It still follows Shaq around to this day. PLEASE.

POLL RESULTS:

mc4qbt.jpg

Also, NEW POLL!! We haven't discussed Ridiculous Cage in a while, so it's a poll of nothing but the Cageiest. Check it out!

• Like 1

Here are the results of the Nic Cage poll

2hh3fjm.jpg

... and there's a new spoooooky halloween list up on the site!

• Like 1

A bit disappointed about Face/Off versus Vampire's Kiss. The latter is far more Cage-ier, and the former is just overly long at 2 hours and 20 minutes. But any Cage is a good HDTGM, so yaaaay.

• Like 1

I tried to search for a movie but got the error "Rotten Tomatoes isn't playing nice with us! Account Inactive"

Ruh-roh. thanks for letting me know registradus, I will look into this...

• Like 1

Idea submission:

I know that on the Howdy Awards you offered up to the listeners to suggest what we would like to hear on future episodes of HDTGM and I would like to offer a content change regarding [at least] three future episodes. Normally, you discuss "bad" movies, but I thought it might be a nice change to hear about Paul, June, and Jason's favorite movie [not necessarily "bad"] and give a real breakdown about why they like it so much. This could include trivia about the movie, actors, or still keep with the usual tearing it apart. I would love to know more about the host's movie background on a serious level and think it would make for interesting episodes.

(i.e. My favorite movie is Back to the Future, which I do not consider a bad movie in the traditional HDTGM sense, and if I were reviewing it for these new episodes, I could include information like how Michael J Fox shot day scenes on the weekend and night scenes during the week so as not to interfere with his Family Ties shooting. Info like this for the host's movies would be fun and interesting, in my opinion)

Just thought I would throw it out there.

Thanks,

Matt, PA

• Like 1

Please consider reviewing the Chris O'Donnell film "Vertical Limit" in a future episode. It's always been a guilty pleasure, but recently watched it again and I always forget how ridiculous it can get. Thanks.

Matt, PA

I was actually totally okay with Nicolas Cage playing Ghost Rider. Several of my friends hated the idea both in theory and in practice, but I just viewed it as the price we paid for not having him play Superman.

The thing I hated about that Ghost Rider movie was, "300 feet! Johnny Blaze jumped his motorcycle from goalpost to goalpost on a football field! That's 300 feet!" Lines like this seemed to account for roughly 38% of the film's dialogue.

Did these dipshits not have anyone with the slightest interest in sports working on this film? It's not 300 feet; it's 360 feet. It's 100 yards (300 feet) from goal line to goal line. The goalpost is at the back of the endzone, which adds another ten yards on each end. 100+10+10=120 yards, or 360 feet.

After reading an article about JUPITER ASCENDING, I think this needs to be done. It's been awhile (I think), since you guys did a current movie and I want an excurse to go see what sounds to be NEXT-LEVEL BANANAS!

Is this even still a thing? I would like to vote on movies but when I click on the link it is still the vote for Junior. When I try to recommend a movie there is some kind of error that says Rotten Tomatoes isn't playing nice with us! Account Inactive. I would really like to hear what Paul, June, and Jason think about Now You See Me. I listened to them talk about Spice World so I guess I would listen to them talk about anything,but it would be nice to hear them talk about a movie I think is terrible.

Misleading advertisements: The ads tried to sell the movie as something it wasn't. (Probably not a great tag, now that I think about it.)

#turdpolishing

Or

#baitandswitch

I've been trying to add the Emma Thompson/Kenneth Branagh/Emma Thompson/Kenneth Branagh reincarnation flick "Dead Again" for a couple of weeks, but the site isn't playing well with Rotten Tomatoes and I'm getting nowhere. This movie needs to be discussed.

It's worth it for the terrible accents alone. Dead Again is one of my favorite movies to rewatch. It's so terrible and so good. Robin Williams, Andy Garcia, Wayne Knight, Derek Jakobi - all giving everything to this strange little movie.

Where can we suggest tags? I'd like to suggest:

#Razzie

#IMDBBottom100

#MichaelBay

#PaulWSAnderson

#BrettRatner

You forgot #Sylvester

I'm surprised there isn't more interest in doing Ready to Rumble, the movie that was an advertisement for WCW, which was an advertisement for this movie at the time.

It is really awful and insane, I highly recommend it.

I tried to recommend Blended, but I kept getting an error message. I know you guys usually do not do comedies, but I believe Blended is the funniest bad movie that I have seen in years. I believe you saw the preview and talked about it on a previous podcast, so you most likely are aware of Blended's existence. Anyway, new to the form. I couldn't upload a picture, but I like the podcast.

Due to the fact that FYI usage had dwindled to nothing, the ancient API that powers the site was retired in favor of a new one that supports Howl, Wolfpop.com, et al. Hence the errors. As suggested above, I've gone ahead and unpinned this thread.

RIP FYI 2013-2015. We hardly used ye.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJuOc0Ld1uk

• Like 1