🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Crary

Yor, the Hunter from the Future (1983)

This would be an absolutely wonderful choice for review, and would hearken back to the true grindhouse days of (oops) yore. Basically, imagine a really inept mashup of Conan and Star Wars, made in Italy, with ridiculously cheap special effects. This movie is SO worth it. Also, I am pretty sure the only words to the theme song are "Yor's strong, he's the man." It's available on Amazon instant at http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002QUYDNM/ref=atv_feed_catalog?tag=imdb-amazonvideo-20 and it would be a nice dip in to the really schlocky world of late 70's early 80's let's-rip-off-Star-Wars nonsense. Also, the Beast of the Night is pretty awesome. If nothing else, go to the Amazon page and check out the VHS cover (I own the VHS, though I no longer have a VCR). If that doesn't make you want to watch this movie, nothing will.

There are literally a zillion of these semi-obscure low budget Italian barbarian/post-apoc movies. And half of them star Reb Brown.

Not really worthy of a HDTGM episode. If we're gonna dip into this well, there's better films out there.

• Like 1

There are literally a zillion of these semi-obscure low budget Italian barbarian/post-apoc movies. And half of them star Reb Brown.

Not really worthy of a HDTGM episode. If we're gonna dip into this well, there's better films out there.

Ah yes, Reb Brown, probably the second greatest Captain America ever!

• Like 2

I agree with the original poster - this movie is AMAZEBALLS!

The aforementioned music sung by a band trying its hardest to be queen is amazing.

This movie feels like two different movies mashed together - a story set in "dinosaur and caveman" days suddenly transforms into a clear Star Wars ripoff, complete with its own Darth Vader.

And the lines . . . the lines are incredible:

"Drink . . . the Blood of your enemies makes you stronger!"

"Damn you, talking box!"

That's just a taste.

This movie is a MUST

• Like 1

This looks pretty darn great! Cavemen! Lazers! Dinosaurs! Lazers again!

Came here to say this one. Glad I searched before posting a new thread.

Oh, man, I saw this in the theater when I was just a little slice, and I thought it was so awesome! Looking back on it... I'm really grateful to my mom for taking me to see it and then tolerating my nerdgasms afterwards.

I'm waiting to hear back from Pope Francis on that nomination for my mom's sainthood.

• Like 1

This movie should totally be a cult classic!  You can literally identify dolls being used as body doubles.

Sign in to follow this