Episode 61.5 — Minisode 61.5

41 replies to this topic

#1 Earwolf Admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,202 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 11:01 PM

It’s finally here! Vote and suggest which movies for Paul, Jason, and June to review at http://fyi.earwolf.com! Now for your next viewing assignment we’ll take a look at the gospel filled musical Joyful Noise starring Dolly Parton & Queen Latifah. Also, Paul goes through a couple of the Corrections & Omissions for Stop! Or My Mom Will Shoot all the way from London. Remember to grab yourself a copy of Paul’s comic book Aliens Vs. Parker, check out The ArSheerio Paul Show on the Jash Network, and catch June on season 3 of Burning Love!

#2 EarBear

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 08:07 AM

I know Paul said he was drunk when doing the corrections and omissions, but just to clarify, the animated gif was of Sylvester in the ass up prone position, not JoBeth Williams doing yoga.

Posted Image

The background screengrab was snapped and posted by ZARATHUSTRA. As with all of the great creativity on these message boards, it was a group effort! We're all inspired by each other's posts, jokes and observations.

#3 seanotron

The Gifmaster General

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,572 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 08:15 AM

If I were JBW I think I'd be terribly insulted that Paul couldn't tell the difference between her ass and Stallone's ass.

Posted Image

#4 Lando

Works every time

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 453 posts
  • LocationCloud City

Posted 07 May 2013 - 11:03 AM

Good news, if you have HBO Go, Joyful Noise is available to watch via that service.

#5 imhatch

im on the forum

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 11:24 AM

well if joyful noise is the next episode of game of thrones pls do not spoil it for me im still catching up

#6 EarBear

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 12:27 PM

View Postimhatch, on 07 May 2013 - 11:24 AM, said:

well if joyful noise is the next episode of game of thrones pls do not spoil it for me im still catching up

I don't know if you're an old enough kitty to be watching Game of Thrones. That show is meant for older cats.

#7 therealjayknox

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 02:35 PM

Unfortunately, the new FYI page locks up my browser/computer so i won't be participating but its a good idea - although there will be no 'birdemics' or 'sleepaway camps' but mostly big budget Sci-fi type movies.

#8 Uterine Helmet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • LocationLondon, United Kingdom

Posted 07 May 2013 - 02:41 PM

WHY, WHY, WHY is On Deadly Ground not on that list!? Steven Seagal fights a river! What else is it going to take?

#9 Shannon

• Administrators
  • 877 posts
  • LocationAustin

Posted 07 May 2013 - 03:13 PM

View Posttherealjayknox, on 07 May 2013 - 02:35 PM, said:

Unfortunately, the new FYI page locks up my browser/computer so i won't be participating but its a good idea - although there will be no 'birdemics' or 'sleepaway camps' but mostly big budget Sci-fi type movies.

Sorry the site isn't working for you, but your second statement is very untrue! The #straighttodvd tag will probably get it's very own poll one day and the next "the room" will get it's chance in the HDTGM sun.

View PostUterine Helmet, on 07 May 2013 - 02:41 PM, said:

WHY, WHY, WHY is On Deadly Ground not on that list!? Steven Seagal fights a river! What else is it going to take?

If it's been recommended, it will get a chance in the poll eventually. Then you can campaign for On Deadly Ground all you wish.

#10 Kickpuncher

Sentient Meat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,283 posts
  • LocationIthaca, NY

Posted 07 May 2013 - 03:17 PM

View PostLando, on 07 May 2013 - 11:03 AM, said:

Good news, if you have HBO Go, Joyful Noise is available to watch via that service.

Cool, thanks. I kind of doubt I'll get around to it, but it's nice to know it's an option.

#11 Dan Engler

Friend of The Show

• Moderators
  • 492 posts
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 07 May 2013 - 03:23 PM

View Posttherealjayknox, on 07 May 2013 - 02:35 PM, said:

Unfortunately, the new FYI page locks up my browser/computer.

Shariq and Gabe may be able to resolve this problem if they know what browser/operating system you are using.

#12 RIP Spirit Bear

\\\ ^[o.o]^ ///

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 561 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 03:45 PM

Blech. Choir music, Queen Latifah and Dolly Parton's 67 year old jugs? I'll just listen to the episode.

Posted Image

#13 Bruce Reid Robinson II

Over-educated and under-employed

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 970 posts
  • LocationChecking out the beavs in Corvallis

Posted 07 May 2013 - 06:31 PM

View PostEarBear, on 07 May 2013 - 12:27 PM, said:

I don't know if you're an old enough kitty to be watching Game of Thrones. That show is meant for older cats.

Game of thrones target audience:

Posted Image

#14 IsaiahER

Pronounced "Isaiah-E-R'"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 07 May 2013 - 06:44 PM

Did anyone else find it deeply unsettling when Paul enthusiastically said "Take it away, Future Paul!" and it goes to a drunk and raspy voiced man who mixes up JBDubs and Stallone?

Also, for Joyful Noise, calling it now:

Posted Image

#15 lindalee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 07:30 PM

If you haven't recorded this episode yet, you must talk about Dolly's form-fitting choir robe. While all others are loose and flowing, hers shows off literally every curve. Amazing.

#16 therealjayknox

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 07:35 PM

View PostDan Engler, on 07 May 2013 - 03:23 PM, said:

Shariq and Gabe may be able to resolve this problem if they know what browser/operating system you are using.

I'm using Opera (latest) on Windows 7 and I suppose I've been too lazy to try it using Chrome - I just know that the FYI page = angry browser crashing lock-up on my stupid computer :(

*Oh.. I should mention it's when I go to 'recommendations'. It's almost like it trying to load a super-long long single page. In the Chrome browser it will eventually load as a 'page 1'.
But Opera gets angry and refuses to play.

#17 Uterine Helmet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • LocationLondon, United Kingdom

Posted 08 May 2013 - 01:02 AM

View PostShannon, on 07 May 2013 - 03:13 PM, said:

Then you can campaign for On Deadly Ground all you wish.

Oh I will campaign, and it will be shameless.

#18 angrykirby

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 01:23 AM

Posted Image

#19 klem_johansen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 04:07 AM

Joyful Noise is probably the first HDTGM movie that I'm actually a little afraid to watch. Dolly looks like the aunt of the puppet from the Saw movies.

#20 Kickpuncher

Sentient Meat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,283 posts
  • LocationIthaca, NY

Posted 08 May 2013 - 04:40 AM

View Postklem_johansen, on 08 May 2013 - 04:07 AM, said:

Joyful Noise is probably the first HDTGM movie that I'm actually a little afraid to watch. Dolly looks like the aunt of the puppet from the Saw movies.

Her name was Madame.