🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
admin

Episode 61.5 — Minisode 61.5

It might be a comparatively minor detail, but it's just an example of how this movie is willing to tell both it's audience and logic to go fuck themselves.

That was the only way I could convince myself that the singers, the band members, AND the light directors for the show knew what to do for the final musical number that they most certainly DID NOT REHEARSE.

This is a movie in which a character knows how to play "Walk Away, Renee" by the Left Banke (or the version done by The Four Tops) on the motherfucking piano, but doesn't know what Sly and the Family Stone is. It might be a comparatively minor detail, but it's just an example of how this movie is willing to tell both it's audience and logic to go fuck themselves. It is not concerned with such minor issues such as making sense or being enjoyed.

As a massive Left Banke fan, I had to check this out on YouTube, and it hurt my soul. Still, more believable than if they had done "Pretty Ballerina" I suppose.

I am 2 minutes in. This movie is going to be a straight-up disaster.

EDIT: "Jesus I'm in love with you" - WHOA WHOA WHOA, stop the clock!

Thoughts on the ending - the kids were better.

• Like 1

Wow. Oh wow wow wow wow wow this movie.

just finished watching it and I have so much to talk about but i'll save it until Tuesday

I am SO excited to hear this episode now omg

• Like 1

Wow. Oh wow wow wow wow wow this movie.

just finished watching it and I have so much to talk about but i'll save it until Tuesday

I am SO excited to hear this episode now omg

This may be the first movie where I've genuinely gone from "Huh, why would the choose that movie over many others" to "How have I NOT heard about everything in this movie before?!?" They will just be on fire for this episode.

Anyone wanna bet Jason cried a little at Kris Kristofferson's postmortem musical number?

The gleeful facial expressions that Kris Kristofferson pulls BEFORE having the hard attack are extremely creepy.

Hell, Kris Kristofferson playing a choir director is creepy in itself.

So during the gospel songs, am I the only one who kept thinking of Eric Cartman's Faith +1?

• Like 1

I kept thinking how superior Sister Act 2: Back In the Habit was to this film.

This is a movie in which a character knows how to play "Walk Away, Renee" by the Left Banke (or the version done by The Four Tops) on the motherfucking piano, but doesn't know what Sly and the Family Stone is. It might be a comparatively minor detail, but it's just an example of how this movie is willing to tell both it's audience and logic to go fuck themselves. It is not concerned with such minor issues such as making sense or being enjoyed.

Wow, good catch. That's a great record, always in rotation at my house.

This may be the first movie where I've genuinely gone from "Huh, why would the choose that movie over many others" to "How have I NOT heard about everything in this movie before?!?" They will just be on fire for this episode.

Well shit, I guess I'm sold. I don't have cable, just a WD TV, so I can't do HBO Go. Where can I watch this? Is arrr matey my only option here?

tubeplus.me has it streaming

P.S. This movie is cray. Can't wait til tuesday.

hmm welp im definitely going to have to go to "tubeplus.me" in private browsing mode

• Like 1

So during the gospel songs, am I the only one who kept thinking of Eric Cartman's Faith +1?

"SIMPSONS DID IT!"

http://download.lardlad.com/sounds/season12/praiseland7.mp3

The Simpsons - "I'm Goin' to Praiseland" 2001

South Park - "Christian Rock Hard" 2003

NOTE: I just found all this info in like 4 minutes. The internet is effin crazy.

• Like 1

hmm welp im definitely going to have to go to "tubeplus.me" in private browsing mode

Its not that kind of website. :)

Screen_shot_2013_05_13_at_8_57_03_PM.png

• Like 1

For those still on the fence about watching the movie, THIS HAPPENS:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ro4o8s_kCsk

That's right. Dolly Parton sings Chris Brown and 'Christians' it up. You NEED to see this movie.

Not only that, but they Christian up an Usher song, and I swear that was when the movie was trying to sexualize going to church.

And in case you were wondering, yes, Dolly Parton has a shotgun within the first 30 minutes of this movie, pointing it Estelle Getty-style at her grandson.