🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 103 — Photography

The hatch has perfect composition on today’s Professor Blastoff. The hosts discuss why Tig would make a great sideline reporter, the best Neil Diamond songs, and losing cool points in front of fans. Then wonderful comedian and avid photographer, Steve Agee, comes on and talks about touring with Tig, MySpace pages, and the myth of “trying to hard”.  He explains how he got into photography, the epidemic of selfies, and his nervousness over being a wedding photographer for friends. Then it’s time for another epic edition of “Name That Punky”! Listen to this while you hike and look for a perfect photo at sunset.

Either those are the wrong photographs or Mr Agee's pot tits are back.

• Like 1

Best game ever. I loved Steve's Enthusiasm when answering "HENRY."

Totally agree Steve was a great guest! This was probably my favourite episode of the year so far, love it when the guest is relaxed and can join in with the banter.

• Like 1

Name that Punky AND Boring Texts??? ITS LIKE MY BIRTHDAY. IT IS MY BIRTHDAY. HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAN.

THIS EPISODE! NEIL DIAMOND!? what a treat steve is always such a great guest i suggest following him on tumblr and twitter if you dont already..everyone was really great..great ep!

• Like 2

I think they really stumbled on to something with "Name That Potter". It might be a little soon for a spin-off, but they could farm it out to Pete Holmes for his TBS show. "Mister Potter..."

Great episode. I'm a pretty serious hobby photographer and I liked the part of the episode devoted to the topic at hand. Surprisingly everyone was pretty sympathetic and understanding of the artistry and skill involved in getting amazing images. Agee trying to describe to David how he'd pick out one great photo from those spread in front of him was particularly interesting.

I don't normally link to my stuff, but since it's relevant. http://flickr.com/pdxsean

• Like 1

I never watched Punky Brewster but Henry sounds like a soulless monster. The hardest I laughed was the '...he sees lice in her hair...well I think the 'period' one was the closest so Steve wins!'. If that doesn't sum up the male outlook on women's puberty, I don't know what does.

Speaking of photography, the photos on this week's episode page are from last week's episode with Jackie Kashian.

does anyone know who the photographer tig is referring to when she references her this american life appearance? I checked out the episode and didn't catch any mention of the photographer that tig says passed away and was a phenomenal talent.

thanks!

Loved this one, the best thing besides name that "pumpy", was to discover that someone in Santiago de Chile also listens to this podcast, and that's awesome.

I hope the podcast folk got to go to the Vivian Maier exhibit when they were in Chicago. I saw it in December and it was phenomenal.

Don't know if it has been said already, but a possible new entry for the Blastoff drinking game.. every time David crowbars in his weird Luddite dystopian future, take a drink

• Like 1

Great, now I have the Punky Brewster theme song stuck in my head again. Haha

btw, Love the boring texts. Especially Aarons.

Sign in to follow this