🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
choochoo_the_wonder_slut

Who's Your Caddy (2007)

Oh Jesus did you actually watch this movie?

I love OutKast and Cedric TE is alright, but there is a 0% chance I would watch a movie based around them. I am still scared to watch or even listen to the soundtrack for Idlewild to this day.

/Oh and please never do Idlewild, I don't think I could take it

This is one of those movies that my theater never got, that we knew we'd never get because there are about 20 black moviegoers in my town, but I'll be damned if we didn't have the poster up in our break room for about a year and a half. I'm not sure which one stayed up longer, that or "El Cantante"...

One of my favorite things that I've heard about this movie is how it tries to play the white characters as horrible snobs for looking down on the black players, except that A: It's only one white guy who acts all that racist, and B: the black players are not only supremely obnoxious, but they blatantly cheat at golf.

This reminds me of when Chuck D came to talk at my school in February '05. My college (Slippery Rock University of PA) had some...interesting festivities lined up for Black History Month, so during the Q&A portion I asked Mr. D if he'd seen the activities that were planned for the next few weeks, and he had, which then led me to ask if he ALSO thought it was strange that someone thought it was a good idea to end this month of celebration of African-American culture with a special screening of "Soul Plane". He took it well, responding that having HIM there must have been their way of trying to balance things out and that whoever was responsible for the "Soul Plane" idea probably wasn't there with us on that night.

• Like 3

are you recommending this movie because it's been on weekday rotation on comedy central this last week? (you're not the only unemployed member of this forum)

One of the permanent residents on the IMDb Bottom 100 in the decade since its release.

Atlanta rapper tries to join a country club....you already know where this is going

Sign in to follow this