🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 219 — Farts and Procreation 3

At first listen, while I laughed alot, I didn't think it was as amazing as Farts & Pro 1 or Farts & Pro 2...but I've since listened to it again, and it's pretty damn great.

The characs doing characs doing characs doing characs was incredible. OK, now Cos-leave me alone. I have to go see how Window is. And look at all that wasteland. Crunk....sloong...sank.

Farts and Procreation needs to stop. The first one was incredible (because something like it had never been done before) and it should've ended there. You couldn't replicate it.

We get it. You're friends and like to make each other laugh. I like hearing the three (four) of you together in a room. However, the concept is old.

This post is garbage, and not like the band Garbage.

• Like 13

This was just as good as ep1 one imo. Chelsea's sjunior high joke was criminally under appreciated.

• Like 1

So can someone point me to the forum where people talk honestly about the podcast, warts and all.

I just love how when people bring up valid criticism they are labelled "haters" "trolls" "new listeners" or in my case, a "cunt".

Why so defensive people? It's like the guests are your immediate family or something.

Comedy is subjective but could you at least entertain the possibility that it was more "miss" than "hit"?

(Seriously though, where's the forum that talks honestly about this stuff?)

Looking at your past posts, it looks like you were just being snarky instead of offering constructive criticism. Even if your complaint is valid, no one is going to take a negative snarky comment to heart. No one will take it seriously. People will be defensive because you're on the offensive. You're never ever going to fix people talking over eachother. Plus, the idea that someone could be a huge fan of the show and only feel compelled to comment when they have something negative to say is just plain ugly to people.

That being said, I do believe there is a thread going for *constructive* criticism of the podcasts. I wish I could link to it but I can't at the moment.

I created an account just so I could agree with the guy who said the thing about comedians overlaughing at their own jokes.

And I can't wait to comment the next time that stupid Wompler character is on.

Longtime listener, have traveled to see you live,

Sara

wompitup_zpsdda57c7a.jpg

• Like 6

Anybody who doesn't find Marissa Wompler funny shouldn't be listening to this podcast. The Christmas Womptacular special is one of the funniest things I've ever heard.

• Like 2

Here's the thing with criticism when it's posted here, it's read by the biggest fans of the show, so they're going to be defensive. It's also likely to be read by the people who were involved, so it's basic human decency to phrase it in a polite way, it's not quite the same as twitter but try to imagine that the people you're talking about are in the room. Would you still phrase you criticism in the same way?

it's also an unplanned podcast, it's not a show show that's carefully written and edited for months, they're not over-laughing to annoy you, it just happens that way. So some criticism is going to be pointless because it's just how things played out that week and there's not much anyone can do to prevent it.

So you can still criticize the show, but being snarky about it is just going to annoy people. Making a sarcastic comment about something doesn't make you Roger Egbert.

• Like 6

I lost my shit when Chelsea couldn't stop laughing at the thought of murdering Kulap with both a gun and a knife.

• Like 7

The first F&P is one of my top 5 CBB/CDRs in the history.

The second was such a comedown it was one of my least favourite CBB/CDRs and I still have never finished listening to it.

The third started out well, a top 25%er with some real gems thrown in there hinting at greatness, and then when Adam and Harris brought out the characs greatness was once again achieved.

This made me so, so happy.

• Like 1

...things are getting played out worse than mrs. swan on MADtv at this point

Wow, so since I just joined the forum today I am really surprised how critical people can be on here about the show. I have not been listening for years or anything but I have found that there isn't an episode that I really don't like or hated to an extent that I would get on this forum to complain about it. Is it just me who enjoys what they try and do, and whether it is 'comedy gold' or 'played out' I just enjoy hearing them laugh and shoot the shit. I mean, if the show isn't 'doing it for me' then I can always just listen to one of the hundreds of other podcasts out there, no harm no foul. What is the point of complaining on the forum about a certain episode or bit not being 'as funny as before'? I guarantee that it is the first time someone has heard it (me) and they thought it was funny as shit!

Also, what episode numbers are the previous F and P episodes so I can partake in this circle jerk?

• Like 4

Wow, so since I just joined the forum today I am really surprised how critical people can be on here about the show. I have not been listening for years or anything but I have found that there isn't an episode that I really don't like or hated to an extent that I would get on this forum to complain about it. Is it just me who enjoys what they try and do, and whether it is 'comedy gold' or 'played out' I just enjoy hearing them laugh and shoot the shit. I mean, if the show isn't 'doing it for me' then I can always just listen to one of the hundreds of other podcasts out there, no harm no foul. What is the point of complaining on the forum about a certain episode or bit not being 'as funny as before'? I guarantee that it is the first time someone has heard it (me) and they thought it was funny as shit!

Also, what episode numbers are the previous F and P episodes so I can partake in this circle jerk?

There's a certain type of nerd that loves things so much they want it to be exactly what they want and if it deviates even slightly from their expectations it becomes the worst thing in the world.

Also, previous eps:

F&P 1 (ep 120)

F&P 2 (ep 166)

• Like 8

What is the point of complaining on the forum about a certain episode or bit not being 'as funny as before'?

It's supposed to be constructive criticism. Comedy Bang Bang is my favorite podcast on the planet, and I pee a little every Tuesday night because I know there's gonna be a new one. As Maria Bamford has said, "Comedy is subjective, it's an... an... an art form."

There are some of huge fans, we may be snarky or cunts or whatever, but the forum is not supposed to be a press release, it's a place to talk about the show.

That said, I don't think the critical comments are buried or ignored, they just don't add much fuel for discussion.

So can someone point me to the forum where people talk honestly about the podcast, warts and all.

I just love how when people bring up valid criticism they are labelled "haters" "trolls" "new listeners" or in my case, a "cunt".

Why so defensive people? It's like the guests are your immediate family or something.

Comedy is subjective but could you at least entertain the possibility that it was more "miss" than "hit"?

Perhaps I was wrong calling you a cunt, if it offended you than I apologize. It just appears to me, this being the second episode in a row that you have posted on and not enjoyed that features fan favorite guests doing characters and bits that almost everyone enjoys, that you have only have negative things to say.

You said you'd been listening for 4 years but you just seem so jaded and negative towards the entire idea of the show that it makes me wonder why you post here at all. As I said, you don't have to enjoy the program but if you don't enjoy it then don't post here and complain about how much you dislike it. If you do enjoy it but didn't particularly enjoy an episode than offer something constructive rather than snide remarks. If you're criticism is done in a polite manner, people will be much more receptive to it. I know I certainly haven't loved every episode or character that's been on the show.

I'm always open to read people's negative reactions to episodes and have a discussion about it but when it's done in an offensive manner or when trying to draw a reaction from fans than I'm just not interested. Like the person who said "they couldn't wait until the next Wompler episode to post about how much they hate her." That's not a valid criticism, it's an inflammatory post looking to get a rise out of people. If you don't like it, don't listen and don't troll the forums.

Again, sorry for calling you a cunt. I hope you stick around the forums and find a way to be constructive with your criticisms

Why so defensive people?

There's definitely no excuse for anybody calling you that. If you don't like episodes with a lot of people cracking up, Andy Daley is very good at maintaining character, and I would recommend any episode with him in it.

• Like 1

Your criticism of the last episode was pointless because you said the guests talked over one another, but you know as well as anyone that none of those people will be on again next week and they will likely never all be on another episode together. Each show is different. If you can pinpoint who specifically did the most cross-talk, then maybe you can specify and they'll see your comment and they can work on that in the future, otherwise you're just kind of being critical to be critical. You can't expect Scott to tell everyone to calm down and speak one at a time, right? That would feel a little uncomfortable to me. These forums generally are for compliments and praise, partially because it seems mean to say shitty stuff when the people on the show will likely read it. But if you have a genuine concern or something you really feel detracts from a show, post about it. I don't think anyone would jump down your throat if they felt your negative comment came from a good place.

• Like 1

The first F&P was legitimately what got me into the concept of podcasts. I had listened to some NPR, a few episodes of this show as well as Doug Loves Movies, but I wasn't fully committed to the "Podcast Lifestyle." I was confused, overwhelmed, and first introduced to the concept of struggling to stifle my laughter at work (it came out right around the time I started my first job as a "businessman.")

Great to see that the chemistry is still there, I thought this episode was hilarious. F&P 1 is the gold standard of podcast episodes for me and I've still never laughed as hard or relistened as often to an episode since, but this and Time Bobby 2 have restored my faith in sequels.

• Like 1

Jason Vorges. PLEASED TO MEET YA.

Adam Scott rocked it in this episode.

• Like 4

Generally, everyone was wonderful. Even Chelsea is forgiven for laughing too hard to speak throughout the latter half for her wolf/bramble charac. So stupid, but delightful.

The 'Winter is Coming'/Tony Stark thing will never not be funny.

Didn't QUITE live up to the magic of the other two, but would that have ever been possible? I was entertained like crazy.

• Like 1

Didn't QUITE live up to the magic of the other two, but would that have ever been possible? I was entertained like crazy.

By not doing it until some good ideas had been stored up, instead of hammering out another Farts&Procreation whenever possible now that its a "franchise"

• Like 1

There have been many who have quoted my comment about creating an account so that I could comment on how annoying this episode was and, so, I would like to reply to your silly responses about how I don't get it or whatever.

Wompler is a character that I flat-out do not enjoy. I don't say this with any hate in my heart for the performers or the podcast. It's simply not funny to me. I love 80% of the characters on CBB. I WILL ABSOLUTELY DEFEND LIL GARY.

I really am a longtime listener. I really have seen the live shows at two SXSWs now, plus the CBB stand-up showcases.

I think it's fair to say that the episodes where it feels like the performers are just shooting the shit rather than performing are less successful for me. This is one of those. I really like Adam Scott! I sometimes enjoy Harris Wittels! I know many people who know his sister! I'm sure she's nice!

Yeah, just didn't dig this episode and found it pretty disappointing. And don't think Wompler is funny. This is what forums are for; not so you guys can stand around and jerk each other off about how everyone definitely is hilarious all the time.

• Like 1

Wow, so since I just joined the forum today I am really surprised how critical people can be on here about the show. I have not been listening for years or anything but I have found that there isn't an episode that I really don't like or hated to an extent that I would get on this forum to complain about it. Is it just me who enjoys what they try and do, and whether it is 'comedy gold' or 'played out' I just enjoy hearing them laugh and shoot the shit.

Your way is better.

The problem for fans like me is that we love too much. We have hearts as big as The Universe and we love Parks & Rec more than life itself so when we fall for something as hard as we fell for Farts & Pro 1 it literally changes our lives literally.

Then because of our all-encompassing love for Farts & Pro 1 when we see there is a Farts & Pro 2 we're practically incapacitated by the elated anticipation, which means that when said Farts & Pro 2 is not a transcendent experience as the original was and is merely a fine episode of Comedy Bang Bang our hearts are literally filled with torment, rage, hellfire and tumult. Literally.

Living with as much passion as we have is no way for a sane person to live but we have no choice. Whatever or whoever made us, made us to feeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeel. Such is our blessing. Such is our curse.

• Like 2

There have been many who have quoted my comment about creating an account so that I could comment on how annoying this episode was and, so, I would like to reply to your silly responses about how I don't get it or whatever.

Wompler is a character that I flat-out do not enjoy. I don't say this with any hate in my heart for the performers or the podcast. It's simply not funny to me. I love 80% of the characters on CBB. I WILL ABSOLUTELY DEFEND LIL GARY.

I really am a longtime listener. I really have seen the live shows at two SXSWs now, plus the CBB stand-up showcases.

I think it's fair to say that the episodes where it feels like the performers are just shooting the shit rather than performing are less successful for me. This is one of those. I really like Adam Scott! I sometimes enjoy Harris Wittels! I know many people who know his sister! I'm sure she's nice!

Yeah, just didn't dig this episode and found it pretty disappointing. And don't think Wompler is funny. This is what forums are for; not so you guys can stand around and jerk each other off about how everyone definitely is hilarious all the time.

Maybe you should have explained yourself, instead of writing that you "can't wait" to write your next negative comment about Wompler (as you did in your first post).

Your comment was "silly", not the responses to it. It added nothing to the discussion.

Your way is better.

The problem for fans like me is that we love too much. We have hearts as big as The Universe and we love Parks & Rec more than life itself so when we fall for something as hard as we fell for Farts & Pro 1 it literally changes our lives literally.

Then because of our all-encompassing love for Farts & Pro 1 when we see there is a Farts & Pro 2 we're practically incapacitated by the elated anticipation, which means that when said Farts & Pro 2 is not a transcendent experience as the original was and is merely a fine episode of Comedy Bang Bang our hearts are literally filled with torment, rage, hellfire and tumult. Literally.

Living with as much passion as we have is no way for a sane person to live but we have no choice. Whatever or whoever made us, made us to feeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeel. Such is our blessing. Such is our curse.

I just created an account just so I can like this effin' post.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this