🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
TessWhite

Grindhouse(Planet Terror and/or Death Proof)

Not because they are necessarily bad but, going with the thought of movies like Crank, these are movies that make you go "What the...???" Just crazy scenes one after the other after the other. And the trailers!! Insanity

I saw the double feature in theaters and was surprised that some people didn't realize that it was a DOUBLE FEATURE. These movies were nuts, especially Planet Terror. I actually think that Tarantino was inspired by that movie when he did the special effects for Django Unchained.

Intentional "badness" at work here, nothing more to see, move along. The whole point of these two films was... (drumroll) grindhouse. It'd be as pointless as doing a HDTGM on Machete or Hobo With A Shotgun, all the over-the-top stuff is on purpose. You can't really ask "what were they thinking" because we know exactly what they were thinking.

I will say that Death Proof is easily Tarantino's worst moment; what a boring movie. And we essentially have to watch it twice, the story basically gets repeated with different women.

Also, ironic sexism/misogyny is still sexism/misogyny, so boo to that.

i liked the theater version better then the stupid dvd release. it really made both films work together. but then the hollywood bean counters made them extended the films to a longer time frame and then the film drags out way too long. Like the Hobbit will be when peter jackson gets done with it on video..

I am not sure if this would make a good show but I'd listen to it. I wish paul would get more actor guests on the show like in the older episodes. those are the best shows. like birdemic, hands down the best episode so far. that and I almost forgot superman 2/3 episode was great. Jaw4 was good OK i am going to stop.

I got to get back to work...

Like the Hobbit will be when peter jackson gets done with it on video..

Even though I think the Lord of the Rings movies are responsible for the way he's making The Hobbit I don't think he'll have extended editions like he did for Lord of the Rings. The Hobbit was much shorter than any of The Lord of the Rings books and I can't imagine him making the first Hobbit movie even 5 minutes longer.

I really hope Jackson is able to look at The Hobbit objectively and realize there's no reason for the next two to be over 2 hours a piece.

Intentional "badness" at work here, nothing more to see, move along. The whole point of these two films was... (drumroll) grindhouse. It'd be as pointless as doing a HDTGM on Machete or Hobo With A Shotgun, all the over-the-top stuff is on purpose. You can't really ask "what were they thinking" because we know exactly what they were thinking.

But as the OP noted, this would be in the spirit of Crank or Punisher War Zone. And I could definitely see the gang doing Machete, actually.

But as the OP noted, this would be in the spirit of Crank or Punisher War Zone. And I could definitely see the gang doing Machete, actually.

Meh. Opinions, man.

They should've done an actual HDTGM on Bad Ass instead of that interview. I like Danny Trejo as much as the next person but that movie was not great at all. It's a comedy, no wait, it's an action movie, no it's a revenge drama with a ridiculous romantic subplot -- ah fuck it, let's not do any of those things very well, throw a bus chase in there and call it a day. And the original youtube guy this was based on turned out to be a racist dickhead and not some awesome badass old guy.

I wouldn't bet money on there not being a extended hobbit.

seanotron, is Punisher War Zone worth my time? I liked Crank & Machete.

cat & beard, I agree I liked machete better then Bad Ass. just a good fun Friday night movie with the mates. can't ask for more then that.

Oh, I couldn't get 20 minutes into War Zone. I'm a bit June-ish when it comes to violence. and hey oh that movie is crazy violent.

Meh. Opinions, man.

Well, I'm not saying they should, I'm just saying they've done deliberately 'bad' before.

Oh, I couldn't get 20 minutes into War Zone. I'm a bit June-ish when it comes to violence. and hey oh that movie is crazy violent.

I can't stand movies with too much tinnitus ring, from say bomb blasts. it just sets my ears off on fire, as i have tinnitus and it just annoys the hell out of me at times, really bad.

Sign in to follow this