🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×

How have you not done 'Honey' yet? The movie with Jessica Alba as a wholesome hip hop dancer who has to sleep with her manager or be blacklisted in the industry. Did I mention there's a group of stereotypical urban kids doing a dance number?

• Like 1

They could probably LITERALLY copy and paste their "Burlesque" show and you'd have it right there. It's like the same movie keeps getting made and remade every couple of years.

Yes! This is one of my guilty pleasure movies. Missy Elliot, Ginuwine and Lil' Romeo are all in this...an early 2000s hip-hop dream come true. It is beyond fantastic. I cannot even begin to describe to you how wonderful/awful this movie is. Please, please consider! Dance! Music videos! Gang violence! Morals!

How many "X has to do Y to save A from B" movies are they gonna make? I mean, that sounds awfully general, but you know what I'm talking about. How many evil property developers are out there, anyway?

How have you not done 'Honey' yet? The movie with Jessica Alba as a wholesome hip hop dancer who has to sleep with her manager or be blacklisted in the industry. Did I mention there's a group of stereotypical urban kids doing a dance number?

Oh this movie is a disaster! It turns into another movie entirely halfway through! Once Honey is blacklisted for not sleeping with that manager...then it turns into Breakin 2 Electric Boogaloo where they put on a show to raise money to save some church or studio...I don't know....whatever...

Just watch Breakin 1 & 2 instead of this nonsense.

This movie includes:

1. The swarthy guy who got Honey her start ruins her career when she rejects his advances

2. Inner city youth turns to gangs and ends up in prison because Honey's career was sabotaged.

3. Honey puts on a benefit show with her dance kids to raise money for her dream dance studio. They plaster the neighborhood with flyers and inexplicably pack the house. Studio is now possible. It's all for the kids.

4. Jessica Alba struggling to confidently shout "5,6,7,8!" in tempo to dancers she has supposedly choreographed. She is also standing five feet in front of them and using a bullhorn

5. Missy Elliot in a powerhouse cameo.

6. Horrible dancing. It's all like low impact walk-dancing and not very impressive. The kid who was in prison (Lil Romeo) has a dance solo during the benefit's big finish and he just stood there. He shook his hips twice and just stood there.