🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 26 — A Whole New (Gassy) World

Equipped with their dream weapons and with the guidance of their new friend Stargoyle, our heroes continue their quest! They eventually make the choice to arrive at what looks like to be a giant planet filled with gas. Seeing as they beat the Collectors to their destination, they use this extra time to rest while Blackee Green searches for rations. What sort of things inhabit this strange world? You’ll have to tune in to find out!

The inspiration for the gassy world is the Integral Trees by Larry Niven I believe.

I'm not sure of exactly where he draws his inspiration from for this planet but it sounds an awful lot like the depiction of Jupiter in Cosmos

This reminds me of the Star Wars RPG I used to play. We knew something bad was going to happen, yet had no idea to combat it so we ended up doing a lot of "what if we did this" forever. We innevitably would pick the wrong plan every single time.

Also, I always thought that space travel in D&D was lame, but it really works with this group.

PleaseOpLEASEoPlease giant floating jellyfish encounter.

Also, how badassery would it be to pull a railgun or machine gun from the nasa wreck and equip to the ship?

GO 2ND, FUCK 4TH.

I'm glad that they got distracted away (for the moment) from trying to visit all three planets to warn the people because I think they would be spreading themselves too thin. Honestly, these gas planet people are toast if the group is not here the whole week, helping them prepare, and spearheading the attack on the Collectors.

The inspiration for the gassy world is the Integral Trees by Larry Niven I believe.

Came here to say this. Good to see others read "weird" science fiction, too.

Came here to say this. Good to see others read "weird" science fiction, too.

My first thought as well, although I thought it was too mainstream (as far as SF goes) to be that cryptic a reference.

Also, how was this username still available?

• Like 1

My first thought as well, although I thought it was too mainstream (as far as SF goes) to be that cryptic a reference.

Also, how was this username still available?

I'd like to answer your question, but I'm not sure I understood it... can you please restate it as some combination of you gesturing to something technological and saying your own name, please?

• Like 3

I'd like to answer your question, but I'm not sure I understood it... can you please restate it as some combination of you gesturing to something technological and saying your own name, please?

*points, chirps*

• Like 1

Maybe they can pull an Independence Day and get in their ship, enter the larger ship, upload a virus than escape in the nick of time?

• Like 1

So, just sharing some similarities with other media that have struck me.

First, a small craft capable of traveling through all environments (seemingly over a water planet in this image) and tears holes through space-time.

flight+of+the+navigator-dantania-blogspot-com.jpg

The new commander of the vessel has a hard time deciphering its alien controls and so recruits the assistance of a small creature perched on his shoulder:

flight-of-the-navigator.jpg

I'm not holding my breath for a character like Max from the film. I think Sark has enough on his plate guiding the crew as DM without RPing as an obnoxious NPC on the skiff.

Also just got to say, love the podcast.

• Like 2

Pretty slow episode, but I liked all the background were getting about this new turf. I fully expect for the hijinks to start as soon as they get into some encounters.

Blaine talking about making stargoyle wait with a biscuit on his nose was awesome.

P.S. if you read this SpiritBear, shoot me an email. I would love to hear from you. robinsbruce (at) gmail

Really loving this new direction. I have just one reservation though, I would like to hear more from Brian - it was as if he wasn't here for this episode!

• Like 1

The real talk at the end made my day. I loved the rest of the episode too, but it's fun to hear everyone wind down afterwards. I felt like I just scored free bonus minutes.

• Like 1

Really great episode, I thought. Also seemed like one of the ones where the group has had the most choice of what to do next. They literally could have gone anywhere in the universe! Seemed like they had trouble figuring out to do with all that freedom. :P

Inspiration for the episode was the integral trees by Larry November.

Inspiration for the episode was the integral trees by Larry November.

Indeed...

integraltreescloseup1px.jpg

Sark is such an amazing storyteller. I never thought I'd want to start a D&D game but god I need to convince my friends how cool it is.

Also, Gerry is such a breath of fresh air to the podcast, how could Sark kill off the best player twice? I love how committed he is to his unique characters. I hoe El Ryan is by chance still alive so Sir Dick can have an awkward encounter. Also, I need a FOR GLENNISH-MOORE shirt.

Sign in to follow this