🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
admin

Episode 63 — Fast & Furious 6

That's interesting because I thought Fast and the Furious 5 was a waste of time, but I still enjoyed the episode they did about it. I don't feel like I have to enjoy the movie they're reviewing or even feel the same way they feel about it. Their take on a movie, and their interaction with eachother is always entertaining to me regardless of the movie.

Just me?

No, not just you. I also enjoy their delight but in this case they were extremely into the character names, scenes and a lot of things weren't raving about ridiculous mistakes but just genuine praise and excitement over scenes or characters or the good and more credible parts.

Which is still entertaining but I'm still the 'odd man out' and not sharing the glee.

I still enjoy watching (listening) the fun.

I just wish I could be part of it.

This one.. no.. it did nothing for me. thinking of them as superheroes (and I agree) but made it duller for me.

Oh well.. I have a pretty good 90%+ match for the movies on here. Can't expect to jive with all of them.

That's fine. I guess just don't mind that at all. I enjoy the episodes just as much even when I'm not on the same wavelength as them.

Has everyone forgotten The Transporter series?

First thing I thought when I saw Statham was Fast & Furious vs. The Transporter. Not Chev Chelios and Crank.

Sure, he was the good guy in Transporter, but he was still a car guy. The very basic concept was that he was a driver. And that series was arguably just as over-the-top as F&F. The first was a great "bad-good movie" and the second one just got fantastically silly.

If I were to compare Statham and F&F it'd be Fast and Furious: The Transporter. Not Crank.

Has everyone forgotten The Transporter series?

First thing I thought when I saw Statham was Fast & Furious vs. The Transporter. Not Chev Chelios and Crank.

Sure, he was the good guy in Transporter, but he was still a car guy. The very basic concept was that he was a driver. And that series was arguably just as over-the-top as F&F. The first was a great "bad-good movie" and the second one just got fantastically silly.

If I were to compare Statham and F&F it'd be Fast and Furious: The Transporter. Not Crank.

The driver was a bad guy at times too. Always doing jobs for anyone who paid and even had a cameo in Collateral as the guy who gives Tom Cruise's assassin character his briefcase with his gun and hit list.

At one point the Rock says “To catch wolves, you need wolves” which shows both a questionable police strategy and a dangerous misunderstanding of wolves. This is what it would be like if he tried to employ this strategy.

tumblr_mnaxcxSYT81rz68xzo1_1280.jpg

That image just makes me want to see The Rock in a sequel for the movie "The Grey (2011)" lol

I purpose a 2 hour mega-episode for the first 4 movies ("The Fast and the Furious (2001)" "2 Fast 2 Furious (2003)" "The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift (2006)" and "Fast & Furious (2009)") to average 30mins of discussion for each movie

Or two normal episodes, two movies per episode...

Or 4 individual episodes... I don't care, I WANT THEM! :D

• Like 2

Vulture calculated the length of the runway - 28.8 MILES!!!

For comparison, the longest paved runway in the world is at the Chinese Qamdo Bamda Airport and is about 3.4 miles long. The longest partially paved, partially unpaved runway is at America's Edwards Air Force Base and is 7.5 miles long.

http://www.vulture.com/2013/05/how-long-was-the-runway-in-fast-and-furious-6.html

• Like 3

Vulture calculated the length of the runway - 28.8 MILES!!!

http://www.vulture.c...-furious-6.html

I love movie/TV facts/science like that. Sort of how like there have been over 700 head slaps throughout the series of NCIS or that Sigourney Weaver really made the overhead and behind basketball shot in Alien Resurrection.

• Like 1

I purpose a 2 hour mega-episode for the first 4 movies ("The Fast and the Furious (2001)" "2 Fast 2 Furious (2003)" "The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift (2006)" and "Fast & Furious (2009)") to average 30mins of discussion for each movie

Or two normal episodes, two movies per episode...

Or 4 individual episodes... I don't care, I WANT THEM! :D/>

YESSSSS.

• Like 1

The fact that even one person didn't like this episode is mind boggling to me.

Anyways, this movie is so nutso that even though I just heard the entire plot broken down scene by scene, I still don't feel like it was spoiled for me. I have no clue what was going on in it.

• Like 1

They jump from so many moving vehicles to other moving vehicles it's amazing.

Also, Han and Gisele are constantly sharing these lingering looks... It was so unnecessary.

5 stars.

*edit: the dude who directed Saw- James Wan is directing Fast 7. Dunno if that's been said.

They have to watch Fast & Furious Tokyo Drift because it is a piece of shit. A high school student from the South is sent to Japan to forgo getting arrested than learns how to drift. More like Fast & Furious Tokyo Suck.

IMHO "2 Fast 2 Furious (2003)" is WORSE than Tokio Drift... Its directed by John Singleton from "Abduction" fame and has the same jarring close ups and it also has the same production designer... In "2Fast" there is a night club scene and it reminds me of "Abduction" train fighting scene because the sets are not quite there... It seems as any room dressed up to be a night club or train wagon...

Enjoy the video lol

http://vimeo.com/11890554

Jordanna Brewster = dump truck.....Jason is the poet laureate of podcasting. Sorry Andy Daly.

I don't know if anyone mentioned this before (too lazy to read the previous comments)...but if Nic Cage showed up in character from Gone in Sixty Seconds in the Fast 7 post credits I would crap your pants (yes yours!) and die a happy man...peace

*edit: the dude who directed Saw- James Wan is directing Fast 7. Dunno if that's been said.

That's a very interesting choice for director as he doesn't have any real fast paced action credits to his name. Yeah he did Death Sentence but that was a slower paced movie in comparison to the Fast movies. I would have gone with Neveldine/Taylor or at least offered Lin a crapton more money to come back since these movies are super blockbusters.

That's a very interesting choice for director as he doesn't have any real fast paced action credits to his name. Yeah he did Death Sentence but that was a slower paced movie in comparison to the Fast movies. I would have gone with Neveldine/Taylor or at least offered Lin a crapton more money to come back since these movies are super blockbusters.

While he certainly has improved, I'll always remember "Saw" as having one of the most astonishingly bad "chase" scenes ever. I mean, I know they shot the film for no money whatsoever, and most of the REST of the film looked pretty good considering, but if I remember correctly (and I probably don't), Danny Glover was chasing someone in a car that was essentially just sitting there in a warehouse with like a couple of PAs shaking the thing. I don't remember a whole lot from "Death Sentence", but the vehicular carnage was certainly more impressive.

This reminds me of how in the first film they make it a point to mention the distance they're driving. Vin says "I live my life a quarter mile at a time" or something, and then each race eats up like 3 minutes of screentime, Sure, it'd be lame for the races to be done in like 10 seconds, but it's HILARIOUS to think that a human being can nearly walk the same distance in that same amount of time.

I also just remembered something else. At the end of the first one, doesn't Vin Diesel (or rather, his stunt driver with the bright yellow helmet) get hit by or ALMOST get hit by a train? Yeah, those things really have a tendency to sneak up on you when you're tearing ass from a quarter mile away...at 5 miles per hour...

IMHO "2 Fast 2 Furious (2003)" is WORSE than Tokio Drift... Its directed by John Singleton from "Abduction" fame

Aww, poor John Singleton. Has he fallen so far that he's now John Singleton of 'Abduction' fame instead of John Singleton of 'Boyz n the Hood' fame or John Singleton of 'Poetic Justice' fame? Admittedly, his 21st Century career is pretty sad when compared to his 20th Century career.

While he certainly has improved, I'll always remember "Saw" as having one of the most astonishingly bad "chase" scenes ever. I mean, I know they shot the film for no money whatsoever, and most of the REST of the film looked pretty good considering, but if I remember correctly (and I probably don't), Danny Glover was chasing someone in a car that was essentially just sitting there in a warehouse with like a couple of PAs shaking the thing. I don't remember a whole lot from "Death Sentence", but the vehicular carnage was certainly more impressive.

That's basically what it was. And Death Sentence had a super cartoony scene where Kevin Bacon drove his car into a van with a gang member in it and the van split in two right down the middle.

Aww, poor John Singleton. Has he fallen so far that he's now John Singleton of 'Abduction' fame instead of John Singleton of 'Boyz n the Hood' fame or John Singleton of 'Poetic Justice' fame? Admittedly, his 21st Century career is pretty sad when compared to his 20th Century career.

I was pretty psyched when I got to work in "Abduction" BECAUSE it was a John Singleton film, but then I saw the finished product. It's like his career stuck an M-16 in it's mouth and went full auto.

That's basically what it was. And Death Sentence had a super cartoony scene where Kevin Bacon drove his car into a van with a gang member in it and the van split in two right down the middle.

Didn't a car get pushed off the top of a parking garage or something too? That ALONE was more impressive than anything he did with cars in "Saw".

I am pretty sure this movie takes place in a world where guns are not reloadable. Even the guys who are specifically planning on shooting up the high-tech garage failed to bring extra ammo. In fact, the only weapon that does get reloaded is the NOS-enhanced harpoon gun.

Also, Gisele had to die. Otherwise she just abandons Han before Tokyo Drift and that is even more depressing. This way she loved him and her flaw is being the only person in these films who cannot survive a 100 ft fall from a moving vehicle without a scratch.

Did anyone else notice the movie was called "Furious 6" in the opening credits? I am eagerly awaiting "The 7" and "And 8" to be released.

I am pretty sure this movie takes place in a world where guns are not reloadable. Even the guys who are specifically planning on shooting up the high-tech garage failed to bring extra ammo. In fact, the only weapon that does get reloaded is the NOS-enhanced harpoon gun.

Also, Gisele had to die. Otherwise she just abandons Han before Tokyo Drift and that is even more depressing. This way she loved him and her flaw is being the only person in these films who cannot survive a 100 ft fall from a moving vehicle without a scratch.

Did anyone else notice the movie was called "Furious 6" in the opening credits? I am eagerly awaiting "The 7" and "And 8" to be released.

I think the next one should just be "VII". Of course, Roman numerals haven't been used in the numbering AT ALL in this series, but it'd hardly be the first time that something didn't make sense. Hell, the title could just be a sound effect. What sound does an explosion make? There you go, slap THAT on the marquee.

IMHO "2 Fast 2 Furious (2003)" is WORSE than Tokio Drift... Its directed by John Singleton from "Abduction" fame and has the same jarring close ups and it also has the same production designer... In "2Fast" there is a night club scene ans it reminds me of "Abduction" train fighting scene because the sets are not quite there... It seems as any room dressed up to be a night club or train wagon...

Enjoy the video lol

http://vimeo.com/11890554

I don't remember Fast 2 really well but I think I didn't hate it. So I'm going to consider that a good sign. I can't remember much of Tokyo Drift either, I just know that by the end of it, I hated the movie and everyone involved in it. Yes, EVERYONE! I think what saved Fast 2 for me was that they're re-introducing you to fast cars and Paul Walker. So part 2 was like "Hey! If you liked Paul Walker and fast cars before...here is Paul Walker and fast cars. And Ludacris." I just really like Ludacris.

I had no idea why I was watching or giving a shit about these people in Tokyo Drift. I know now that everything else is supposed to be a prequel but then I just knew that I wanted to drift a school bus into Lucas Black's face. Anndd I just realized that the kid from Home Improvement was in there.

941521_571781596221250_2060093544_n.jpg