🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
admin

Episode 63 — Fast & Furious 6

If there is a Fast and Furious/Crank crossover, my balls will explode in a mushroom cloud of joy.

BTW guys, NOS is a real thing. Racers with shitty cars use Nitrous Oxide as an automatic boost of HP when they inject it into their engines during combustion. Very dangerous, and can destroy your shit if overused. They made an energy drink based off of that, which I am certain can also destroy your shit if overused (or used in general).

Yeah, NOS is crazy. The extra blast of horse power can blow your pistons through the hood unless you mod the rest of the vehicle with parts that can handle the load. Another thing about these movies I always notice is that they shift gears ALL THE TIME. If you're going 100mph on a freeway and you go up or down 30 mph, you don't need to shift. They're in sixth all the time right? Except for the scenes where they have to turn or move through traffic where it makes sense, what the hell are they shifting to?

Considering Shaw and Giselle just flew away and vanished into the darkness, I thought it was fairly obvious they weren't dead. I thought either Shaw was going to pop back up at the last minute and then immediately so would Giselle to save the day, or they were blatantly setting up the sequel. Her "death" was a neat little set piece, but I fully expect they'll both be back.

Speaking of death scenes, I'm amazed no one talked about Letty's flashback to how she survived. See, what we didn't realize was that he moved his gun slightly to the left. They had a funeral for Letty in Fast & Furious. With what? Did they bother explaining in this movie why no one was concerned that a body wasn't found?

I've said before I consider these movies the adolescent male equivalent of the Twilight films. And like the Twilight films, I think I might need to actually watch the rest of this series to appreciate how it evolved (or de-volved) into the later films. I enjoyed Breaking Dawn Part 2 immensely because I had context of who everyone was and their relationships to one another. X-Men 3 and Spiderman 3 are awful, but they've got to be a hell of a lot worse if they're your introduction to the series and the characters.

You guys have to watch Tokoyo Drift now. I've always enjoyed it, and now it adds a bunch of character to how Han acts in TD. When I was in the theater and they started showing tokoyo drift, I was like "Oh man, are they gonna say Han's really alive? NOPE" lol, i love it. holy shit.

You never know. Statham didn't look back. Maybe the explosion turned slightly to the left.

I absolutely loved how Agent The Rock had international terrorist Shaw in his gunsights... AND LET HIM WALK AWAY!

Here's a guy who we have seen murder at least 100 policemen/soldiers/DSS agents with his bomb at the construction site, has stolen two components of this doomsday macguffin, and the agent in charge of catching him has a gun trained on him AND HE DOES NOT SHOOT! The only reason for this is that we have to add in a few more chase scenes.

Considering Shaw and Giselle just flew away and vanished into the darkness, I thought it was fairly obvious they weren't dead. I thought either Shaw was going to pop back up at the last minute and then immediately so would Giselle to save the day, or they were blatantly setting up the sequel. Her "death" was a neat little set piece, but I fully expect they'll both be back.

My feelings exactly. If you don't see the body in these movies, you can't assume they're dead. Same with the Haywire actress. Because no one dies in these movies.

Yeah, NOS is crazy. The extra blast of horse power can blow your pistons through the hood unless you mod the rest of the vehicle with parts that can handle the load. Another thing about these movies I always notice is that they shift gears ALL THE TIME. If you're going 100mph on a freeway and you go up or down 30 mph, you don't need to shift. They're in sixth all the time right? Except for the scenes where they have to turn or move through traffic where it makes sense, what the hell are they shifting to?

I think Pete Holmes may have had an issue with the gratuitous gear shifting, too.

http://teamcoco.com/...-fast-furious-6

• Like 1

Here are some amazing things they missed:

- After Gisele dies Han hits the bad guy into the propeller of the plane. Upon hitting the propeller the bad guy proceeds to blow up like a robot. Literal sparks fly out of the propeller. No blood or bones just an explosion of sparks. This leads me to believe that they are all robot (it would explain a lot).

- During one scene the Rock asks Ludacris to cross reference something on his computers. Ludacris then types some stuff into the computer and then on the computer screen in giant letters is the word "cross referencing".

- Finally you missed my favorite line of the whole movie. After Vin Diesel flies out of the car to save Letty, he and her have a talk in the military base. She then asks him something along the lines of "How did you know there would be a car there to break our fall?" and Vin Diesel replies "I didn't". This implies that if the car wasn't there they would have died which makes no sense. A car doesn't break your fall much more then cement. And the best part is this line is said completely serious in a very dramatic tone. In no other world except fast and furious would you ever think, "Thank God there was a car there to break my fall!"..

• Like 1

Some other great things

- All the bad guys have foreign accents while the good guys without any accent despite a wide range of ethnicity.

- When Vin Diesel sees the picture of Letty for the first time the Brazilian chicks asks "it's a picture of Letty, isn't it" instead of just looking at the goddamn photo

- Every women is so understanding of anything and everything the guys decide to do. Whether it's leaving their newborn baby to go on a dangerous mission or just leaving the women to find an ex-lover.

- I love The Rock's assistant. Every one of her lines were just added on from someone else's line. Like the Rock would say something like we've got some Intel and she would just say it's good Intel. She could have never spoken throughout the movie and it would've made no difference.

- When Gisele and the guys find the bad guy who shoots that spear she says, "You forget one thing, he's a man". Roman is completely baffled by this. He acted as if he didn't understand what she meant. Also she never really uses her sexuality to take advantage of the guy. They just sort of beat him up.

Also did anyone else think Ludacris seemed tired in every scene. All his lines felt like he was half-asleep. Which is crazy since this movie is so action packed

At one point the Rock says “To catch wolves, you need wolves” which shows both a questionable police strategy and a dangerous misunderstanding of wolves. This is what it would be like if he tried to employ this strategy.

tumblr_mnaxcxSYT81rz68xzo1_1280.jpg

• Like 10

At one point the Rock says “To catch wolves, you need wolves” which shows both a questionable police strategy and a dangerous misunderstanding of wolves. This is what it would be like if he tried to employ this strategy.

tumblr_mnaxcxSYT81rz68xzo1_1280.jpg

Where exactly WAS the Rock in Feb of 2011?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-1355435/As-400-wolves-lay-siege-village--Have-ruthless-killers-lost-fear-humans.html

• Like 2

Gisele explains why Han is constantly eating in Fast Five:

In the second Fast and Furios movie it also talks about why Tyrese's character is always eating "I have a high metabolism."

No ones going to mention that Scott thought NOS was something the first fast and furious made up? lol that was one of the funniest parts of this episode. "are we men?"

• Like 1

Wow wow wow I can barely keep up with this thread, mostly because I've never seen any F&F movies, (I rented the first one waaay back in 2002 and turned it off 20 minutes in because it was the most boring thing I've ever seen) and they barely got into the plot of this one.

BUT THIS EPISODE! The joyous energy was contagious and I felt as excited as the gang. But I loved how they all managed to disagree on stuff and was astounded when they discovered someone in the group didn't feel the same. "Are you serious?!"

Glad they got Adam on the phone too, it wouldn't have been the same without him.

And by the way, there's a new poll up on For Your Inconsideration. This round: #thezeropercent, movies with a 0% rating on Rotten Tomatoes. Happy voting!

• Like 2

The negative comments about this movie are just blowing me away. This movie was pure joy, from start to finish. Do you people get angry when Superman flies, or when Bruce Banner becomes the hulk? As Paul stated, these characters have morphed into super heroes, and that's ok. Once you've accepted that, you should be able to enjoy these movies. If not, I can't imagine why you would have any interest in HDTGM.

• Like 1

Listening to this episode was like watching kids open presents on Christmas morning, beside themselves with unbridled joy.

Under threat from an assassin (Jason Statham) hell-bent on revenge for the death of his terrorist brother, Agent Luke Hobbs (Dwayne Johnson) must recruit disgraced homicide detective David Mills (Brad Pitt) to untangle the mystery of Han's death in Tokyo. Mills, still haunted by the murder of his wife, reluctantly accepts Hobbs' offer on one condition: they rescue his former partner (Morgan Freeman) from a prison orbiting the Moon.

FAST & FURIOUS SE7EN

Screenplay by Paul Scheer & Jason Mantzoukas.

There aren't enough 'Likes' in the world for me to express how much I love this.

I've also only seen the first movie, but at some point, I do want to watch them all, or at least 4-6 (or whatever one they're on by then). Between the two HDTGM episodes and other outlets, I feel like I know this franchise better than some that I actually have seen.

One thing that still bothers me about the gang's treatment of the Fast series....

Do they really like these movies or not?

They're so sarcastic all the time, and the Fast movies are such crap....

• Like 1

Lin brought in Han (Sung Kang) who had actually been in an earlier Lin film, and then Han dies in Tokyo Drift (that post-credit sequence was the scene of Han's death taken from Tokyo Drift.) *Spoiler Alert* At the end of Tokyo Drift, Vin Diesel does a cameo by showing up in the last race with Lucas Black, after Han's death, and says he was good friends with Han. But there was nothing to suggest that Tokyo Drift took place many years in the future. It was kind of just a last ditch effort to save the franchise.

Justin Lin has actually gone on record as saying that Han is the same character and played by Sung Kang in his film Better Luck Tomorrow about a group of high schoolers who end up becoming a part of the crime lifestyle which leads to the murder of of a fellow classmate.

• Like 1

One thing that still bothers me about the gang's treatment of the Fast series....

Do they really like these movies or not?.

Oh, I think they enjoy the hell out of them! Didn't you hear Jason's childlike joy at the possibility of a Fast/Crank crossover? The man practically squealed!

I think paul might have said after he gets up from sleeping with the blonde haired cop he wakes up and immediately starts working on a mustang engine just before the rock shows up.

I think that might have been a Grill he was cooking on. From what i remember the top half was upright to the lower half like grill you can open/close.

LOVE YALL COME TO ANN ARBOR, MI. THATS WHERE I LIVE. I WANT TO PARTY WITH YOU GUYS!!!!!!

http://www.aceshowbiz.com/images/still/fast-and-furious-6-picture01.jpg

(might help, but still hard to tell)

This reminds me of how in the first film they make it a point to mention the distance they're driving. Vin says "I live my life a quarter mile at a time" or something, and then each race eats up like 3 minutes of screentime, Sure, it'd be lame for the races to be done in like 10 seconds, but it's HILARIOUS to think that a human being can nearly walk the same distance in that same amount of time.

• Like 2

I have to admit the last time the gang did The Fast and Furious 5 I just didn't get it. That movie just wasn't that fun to me, I don't have "refined tastes", I like ridiculous action movies, but I thought FF5 was just mediocre and the action sequences didn't do much for me. I thought this one would be more of the same so I was kinda dreading watching it a little bit, and oh boy, I really enjoyed this one. Maybe not as much as Paul and the gang, but it was a lot of fun. I've never given a shit about this franchise, the few of them I've seen I've thought were boring and dumb. This one really hit the spot. Now that I know Jason Statham is joining the fray in the next one I'm really looking forward to that.

The Rock vs Statham??? That shit's going to be insane!!!

I have to say though I would rather Statham's character end up being The Transporter than Chev Chelios. The Transporter's whole thing is driving cars!

Fun episode.

:mellow::huh::( <<--------- these smileys indicate my sadness when a HDTGM episode can be so psyched about a movie that I found a complete waste of time.

None of this was 'so-bad-its-good' or so bonkers stupid it made me happy. I did appreciate some of it - throwing people through brick walls, the ridiculousness of living awesome lives in Brazil IF ONLY they could get back to their shltty house back home etc.

But man.. everyone was SO HAPPY and I was just like a foreigner simply missing out. Honestly I just find these movies mostly boring and wasting my time.

But hey.. I'm happy everyone else seemed to get something from it!

That's interesting because I thought Fast and the Furious 5 was a waste of time, but I still enjoyed the episode they did about it. I don't feel like I have to enjoy the movie they're reviewing or even feel the same way they feel about it. Their take on a movie, and their interaction with eachother is always entertaining to me regardless of the movie.

Just me?

• Like 1

I like how Dom invited Blonde cop to stay with them at the end and join in some sort of 3-way action.

Giselle's death was amazing, she was kind of damsel and distressing throughout the entire movie, even though she's a complete badass. So her death was perfect, and shot perfectly as well.

RE: Amanda Bynes, Courtney Love basically won the internet with this tweet today

courtneyamanda_zpseff007c7.png

• Like 1